Cute chess problem

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5264
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Cute chess problem

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:27 am

I am having the following epd set called handicap.epd

Code: Select all

rnbqkb1r/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id minus Ng8;
r1bqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id minus Nc6;
rnbqk1nr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id minus Bf8;
rn1qkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id minus Bc8;
I run it with:

cutechess-cli -concurrency 4 -tournament gauntlet -engine name=Ethereal_12 cmd=Ethereal_12.exe proto=uci -engine name=SF11 cmd=sf11.exe proto=uci -each restart=on tc=40/15 timemargin=90000 -draw movenumber=160 movecount=3 score=100 -resign movecount=5 score=999 -rounds 4 -pgnout handicp.pgn -openings file=handicap.epd format=epd

I get:

Code: Select all

Started game 1 of 4 (Ethereal_12 vs SF11)
Started game 2 of 4 (SF11 vs Ethereal_12)
Started game 3 of 4 (Ethereal_12 vs SF11)
Started game 4 of 4 (SF11 vs Ethereal_12)
That's not what I want, what I want is that Ethereal has always white.

Is it possible?

I am using version 0.8.2
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Jesse Gersenson
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:43 am
Contact:

Re: Cute chess problem

Post by Jesse Gersenson » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:31 am

Yes, it's possible. see ./cutechess-cli --help

-noswap Do not swap sides of paired engines

Raphexon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 am
Full name: Henk Drost

Re: Cute chess problem

Post by Raphexon » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:33 am

Jesse already answered but this link might still come in handy:

https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... c/help.txt

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5264
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Cute chess problem

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 am

Jesse Gersenson wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:31 am
Yes, it's possible. see ./cutechess-cli --help

-noswap Do not swap sides of paired engines
Keeps being refused by cute, even in the latests 1.0 version.

cutechess-cli -concurrency 4 -engine name=Ethereal_12 cmd=Ethereal_12.exe proto=uci -engine name=SF11 cmd=sf11.exe proto=uci -noswap -each restart=on tc=40/15 timemargin=90000 -draw movenumber=160 movecount=3 score=100 -resign movecount=5 score=999 -rounds 10 -pgnout all.pgn -openings file=handicap.epd format=epd

Warning: Unknown option: "-noswap"

Also not in --help nor in the docu.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Ferdy
Posts: 4263
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Cute chess problem

Post by Ferdy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:35 pm

Rebel wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 am
Jesse Gersenson wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:31 am
Yes, it's possible. see ./cutechess-cli --help

-noswap Do not swap sides of paired engines
Keeps being refused by cute, even in the latests 1.0 version.

cutechess-cli -concurrency 4 -engine name=Ethereal_12 cmd=Ethereal_12.exe proto=uci -engine name=SF11 cmd=sf11.exe proto=uci -noswap -each restart=on tc=40/15 timemargin=90000 -draw movenumber=160 movecount=3 score=100 -resign movecount=5 score=999 -rounds 10 -pgnout all.pgn -openings file=handicap.epd format=epd

Warning: Unknown option: "-noswap"

Also not in --help nor in the docu.
Try the newer compilation at https://github.com/fsmosca/cutechess/releases

Ferdy
Posts: 4263
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Cute chess problem

Post by Ferdy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Rebel wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:27 am
I am having the following epd set called handicap.epd

Code: Select all

rnbqkb1r/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id minus Ng8;
r1bqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id minus Nc6;
rnbqk1nr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id minus Bf8;
rn1qkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id minus Bc8;
Be careful with this epd format.
The first one should have been

Code: Select all

rnbqkb1r/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - id "minus Ng8";
If cutechess can handle it then fine.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5264
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Cute chess problem

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:11 pm

Ferdy wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:35 pm
Rebel wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 am
Jesse Gersenson wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:31 am
Yes, it's possible. see ./cutechess-cli --help

-noswap Do not swap sides of paired engines
Keeps being refused by cute, even in the latests 1.0 version.

cutechess-cli -concurrency 4 -engine name=Ethereal_12 cmd=Ethereal_12.exe proto=uci -engine name=SF11 cmd=sf11.exe proto=uci -noswap -each restart=on tc=40/15 timemargin=90000 -draw movenumber=160 movecount=3 score=100 -resign movecount=5 score=999 -rounds 10 -pgnout all.pgn -openings file=handicap.epd format=epd

Warning: Unknown option: "-noswap"

Also not in --help nor in the docu.
Try the newer compilation at https://github.com/fsmosca/cutechess/releases
Started game 1 of 10 (Ethereal_12 vs SF11)
Started game 2 of 10 (Ethereal_12 vs SF11)
Started game 3 of 10 (Ethereal_12 vs SF11)
Started game 4 of 10 (Ethereal_12 vs SF11)

Works (!!)

Image
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Post Reply