Request for someone to train an NNUE for Ethereal

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Re: Request for someone to train an NNUE for Ethereal

Post by AndrewGrant »

syzygy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:55 pm Why not!?
Why would you be allowed to tune your non-NNUE eval by playing games against Stockfish if you're not allowed to tune your NNUE eval with games played by (or rather: positions generated by) Stockfish.
Why not? Well either incompetence or malice. I'm not sold on which one it is, but I'm certain its at least one. Potentially both.

Good work on your CFish NNUE implementation, by the way. I was blown away that I could wrap Ethereal around it with an hour of work, and the only "copied" part other than the NNUE files itself was Stockfish's misc.c and misc.h helpers.

I'm still not entirely convinced that the accumulator is 64byte aligned in all cases, but it seems to work.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Raphexon
Full name: Henk Drost

Post by Raphexon »

Eth-NNUE does seem to be a lot slower than Cfish and SF.
Only 300 knps (from start) on 1 core is really low. SFnnue always did over double.
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

Raphexon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:14 pm Eth-NNUE does seem to be a lot slower than Cfish and SF.
Only 300 knps (from start) on 1 core is really low. SFnnue always did over double.
I mean, its the same code. So, its an issue with your compilation probably.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )