WCCC 2007

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson

WCCC 2007

Post by Harvey Williamson »

The ICGA is in the final stage of negotiation for organizing the
WCCC 2007, the 12th Computer Olympiad, and an accompanying scientific workshop .
The events would take place in Amsterdam, The Netherlands at the end of June / beginning of July 2007.
Further details will be announced as soon as possible.

http://www.cs.unimaas.nl/icga/

It is nice to get lots of notice?!
Harvey Williamson

Re: WCCC 2007

Harvey Williamson wrote:The ICGA is in the final stage of negotiation for organizing the
WCCC 2007, the 12th Computer Olympiad, and an accompanying scientific workshop .
The events would take place in Amsterdam, The Netherlands at the end of June / beginning of July 2007.
Further details will be announced as soon as possible.

http://www.cs.unimaas.nl/icga/

It is nice to get lots of notice?!
I notice no replies to this. I knew about China next year. I was under the impression that there would be no WCCC this year am I the only one surprised by this still unconfirmed announcement so late?
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Harvey Williamson wrote:It is nice to get lots of notice?!
Well, I guess it is too early to give it lots of notice, as it seems it is not really decided yet. So in fact we should be happy to get even this premature scrap of information.

But Amsterdam sounds a lot better to me than Beijing! There is no excuse for me now not to enter Joker. :lol:
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

who is the sponsor ?
Harvey Williamson

hgm wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:It is nice to get lots of notice?!
Well, I guess it is too early to give it lots of notice, as it seems it is not really decided yet. So in fact we should be happy to get even this premature scrap of information.

But Amsterdam sounds a lot better to me than Beijing! There is no excuse for me now not to enter Joker. :lol:
Hi,

I think Beijing is confirmed for 2008 and Hiarcs is hoping to be there. Yes I think you have no excuse not to enter Joker if its in Amsterdam. Also Joker will get a free entry which is nice unlike the $500 commercials have to pay.
At this short notice I know there is no chance I can get the time off work - we will see what other members of the Hiarcs team are able to do if/when the dates are confirmed.

However I do have my leave confirmed from work for Leiden in May which I am looking forward to!!

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Harvey Williamson

mclane wrote:who is the sponsor ?
Good question :?: Maybe its the infamous snack bar we all keep running to during tournaments at Leiden :evil:
Guetti

Post by Guetti »

Whoot? :shock:

I had the impression that there is no WCCC2007 ??!
Now I already spent all my money for this year on women, fast cars and Hiarcs 11.1 Mac!!!

:D
Andreas
Harvey Williamson

Guetti wrote:Whoot? :shock:

Now I already spent all my money for this year on women, fast cars and Hiarcs 11.1 Mac!!!

Andreas
Good choice maybe next year we all drink beer in China!
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

:-)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Guetti wrote:Whoot? :shock:

Andreas
Hey Andreas,
You spent all the money for this year on women and fast cars,wow,the year is not even halfway passed yet brother,you will lack women's touch till next year honey :P

:lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….