4'+2" UPDATE: Loop 13.5 is here... matches underway

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Erik Roggenburg

4'+2" UPDATE: Loop 13.5 is here... matches underway

Post by Erik Roggenburg »

Received Loop 13.5 today. I am testing the 32-bit version on 2 cores.
Erik Roggenburg

Re: 4'+2" UPDATE: Loop 13.5 is here... matches underwa

So far, Loop 13.5.32 2CPU is +11/=31/-33, 35.3% vs. Rybka 2.3.1 mp 32-bit with 24 games to go.
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

You are very fast !
Paulo Soares
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Yes,Erik is fast but it seems that the new Loop isn't a big jump regarding the pure playing strengh....
I hope to be wrong though 8-)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Spock

Post by Spock »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Yes,Erik is fast but it seems that the new Loop isn't a big jump regarding the pure playing strengh....
I've run more than 200 blitz games to date, and unfortunately I think you're probably right
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Spock wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Yes,Erik is fast but it seems that the new Loop isn't a big jump regarding the pure playing strengh....
I've run more than 200 blitz games to date, and unfortunately I think you're probably right
Thanks Ray for the fast answer,I have the inner feeling that the List 6.00 story is repeating itself :?
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Erik Roggenburg

LoopMP 12.32 2CPU vs. Rybka 2.3.1 mp 32-bit:
100 (+ 11,= 43,- 46), 32.5 %

Loop 13.5.32 2CPU vs. Rybka 2.3.1 mp 32-bit:
100 (+ 17,= 40,- 43), 37.0 %

Only 100 games, but hopefully the new Loop will improve across the board vs. other engines, too. BTW, the 100 games are all from the full Silver Suite.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Erik Roggenburg wrote:LoopMP 12.32 2CPU vs. Rybka 2.3.1 mp 32-bit:
100 (+ 11,= 43,- 46), 32.5 %

Loop 13.5.32 2CPU vs. Rybka 2.3.1 mp 32-bit:
100 (+ 17,= 40,- 43), 37.0 %

Only 100 games, but hopefully the new Loop will improve across the board vs. other engines, too. BTW, the 100 games are all from the full Silver Suite.
Thanks Erik,waiting eagerly for your first results :D
Spock

Post by Spock »

My results are a mixed bag at the moment - better against some opponents, worse against some, and roughly the same against others. I really can't tell until we actually process the results
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Spock wrote:My results are a mixed bag at the moment - better against some opponents, worse against some, and roughly the same against others. I really can't tell until we actually process the results
It's a normal fact when you tweak the evaluation to accept a different approach toward the different engines,but the overall performance much increase....
Cheers,
Dr.Wael Deeb