A dangerous combination

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: A dangerous combination

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:So with every new opponent you actually set the learning book function to 0,right?
Yes sir, so that means your book is actually pretty darn good. The scores are more or less learning independent.
Aha,now that was my real intention by asking,to hear these words from your golden mouth :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:So with every new opponent you actually set the learning book function to 0,right?
Yes sir, so that means your book is actually pretty darn good. The scores are more or less learning independent.
Aha,now that was my real intention by asking,to hear these words from your golden mouth :D
Or it could be that Romi improved a lot.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

It could be of course,but even with a remarkable improvement,it won't show this performance using a stuiped opening book....believe me!
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Tony Thomas wrote:
With Grand07.pgn merged with the WD book as an extension, Romi performs 8% better! Though that results in a 194 MB file. I could send to you the DWD pgn files so you can make this huge book yourself as it seems better to first create the type 0 book and then merge the type 1 WD book. But, I need Dr. Wael Deeb's permission to send them to you.
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:It could be of course,but even with a remarkable improvement,it won't show this performance using a stuiped opening book....believe me!
True, I havent seen Romi coming off the opening book with a negetive score. Then again out of the 12 opponents Romi plays against, only Arasan got a really good book. Yes, Francesca, Zappa, etc got a book, but I dont think the authors worked on the book as much as Jon Dart.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
With Grand07.pgn merged with the WD book as an extension, Romi performs 8% better! Though that results in a 194 MB file. I could send to you the DWD pgn files so you can make this huge book yourself as it seems better to first create the type 0 book and then merge the type 1 WD book. But, I need Dr. Wael Deeb's permission to send them to you.
Hi Michael,
no problems for sending the pgn files to Tony,he's my soul brother since the creation of mother earth :D
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

They will be on the way shortly! :D

And THANKS!
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:It could be of course,but even with a remarkable improvement,it won't show this performance using a stuiped opening book....believe me!
True, I havent seen Romi coming off the opening book with a negetive score. Then again out of the 12 opponents Romi plays against, only Arasan got a really good book. Yes, Francesca, Zappa, etc got a book, but I dont think the authors worked on the book as much as Jon Dart.
As I wrote before,when I first read about the opening book learning function developed by Michael,I was so excited that I began working over an opening book for RomiChess waiting for the author to seek help creating a decent opening book :D
Cheers,
Dr.Wael Deeb
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
Hi Michael,
no problems for sending the pgn files to Tony,he's my soul brother since the creation of mother earth :D
I have been pretending to be your friend to get all your PGN files, now that I have them, what do I say :lol: :lol:
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Michael Sherwin wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
I guess I will download Grand07.pgn tonight and then use that to test future versions of Romi. I will let the current version continue with the current file. Also, you know that changing the books a lot can skew the rating a lot, you wnt be able to tell weather it was the engine or the book unless I test the engine with both books.