What?s about YACE?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Lombard

What´s about YACE?

Post by Lombard »

Dose anyone has information about Dieter Bürßners YACE. The latest version I found is from 2003. Is he still working on it? What is the real latest version?
This programm was very strong in the endgame and the 2003 Paderborn version runs without any problems on actual processors and on XP.
All hints apreciated! :D
Mike S.

Re: What´s about YACE?

Post by Mike S. »

I don't have new information on this either, but I agree that Yace was, or is among the most interesting "quality" engines with big potential. That is also why I have added Yace 0.99.87 to the set of Blivorix test opponents. I am sure that any new Yace version release would raise big interest among the computer chess fans.
Regards, Mike
Peter Fendrich

Post by Peter Fendrich »

The last time I was talking to him (or rather chatting) he had plans on a new engine. It was about the same time I had started the Alaric development. Shortly after that I got bored at chess programming and I suppose he did the same. After about one year I came back again and I hope he will do the same....

/Peter
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

JP wrote:The last time I was talking to him (or rather chatting) he had plans on a new engine. It was about the same time I had started the Alaric development. Shortly after that I got bored at chess programming and I suppose he did the same. After about one year I came back again and I hope he will do the same....

/Peter
It would be nice if he can come out on top once again.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
JP wrote:The last time I was talking to him (or rather chatting) he had plans on a new engine. It was about the same time I had started the Alaric development. Shortly after that I got bored at chess programming and I suppose he did the same. After about one year I came back again and I hope he will do the same....

/Peter
It would be nice if he can come out on top once again.
Yes,but it must jump over a big gap 8-)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….