New Error novag CITRINE ??? book. 5. Tg1 ??? and lost Pawn.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chest-Nut

Re: New Error novag CITRINE ¡¡¡ book. 5. Tg1 ??? and lost Pa

Post by Chest-Nut »

Steve B wrote:
Karmazen & Oliver wrote:
Steve, when we can have a "Revelation" Phoenix Chess Systems, I think that the best of the word computer chess dedicated, have a better books... and we can change IT ¡

bye bye. since spain ;-)

oliver
yes of course this is true OLIVER
but you know Revelation is costing 2500 Euro

for $350 ..Citrine is allowed not so perfect books
:wink:

goodbye from The Big Apple Regards
Steve
First of all, sorry to hear Oliver have so much problems with his Citrine.
That teach one a lesson of not to test it too much. Otherewise, one wouldn't know. May be each Citrine have it own personality, it got upset. Please don't feel offended, as I am just joking here....

As for bug, it is really depending on how we look at it. We can only call something a bug when it is not operated as documented. And we can't call an un-intention or un-desire move as a bug. Otherwise, if Citrine doesn't have these un-desire or these on purpose bad moves, it's rating could go over 3300+ ELO.

Just kidding regards

Gregory
Karmazen & Oliver

Re:Error novag CITRINE ¡¡¡ book. 5. Tg1 ??? and lost Pawn

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

MAYBE I should possibly change the I title and to put that: "CITRINE is left the central (e4) Pawn IN ALL the versions... software...

in the first versions 1.00 with Tg1 ??

and in the new versions 1.01/1.07 with 0-0 ?

the question is BAD move, or very BAD move? serious better than revises the previous moves and see b8-c6 ?¡

oliver
yes of course this is true OLIVER
but you know Revelation is costing 2500 Euro
for $350 ..Citrine is allowed not so perfect books
:wink:
goodbye from The Big Apple Regards
Steve
Hi, Steve, That errors not exits in other "cheap" models ... and MOVE 0-0, Lost the Pawn too.... maybe this is a "the error is the black move Cc6 (b8-c6), this it is the origin of all the wrongs... and it is simple to even arrive to that error playing in level of tournament for that we would play with white..."...

in other theme when do we can see a "good" and extensive review about revelation model.... nobody can buy this unit if not have some image or test... software and other questions important...
Chest-Nut wrote: First of all, sorry to hear Oliver have so much problems with his Citrine.
oh.. don´t worry That errors not are important for me, I like test and find errors on programer "computer chess" because this is a a good training and a demonstration that novag never rots to deny... although many years pass ...
Chest-Nut wrote: That teach one a lesson of not to test it too much.
I will continue test... because when somebody comes my house, I teach him as winning to citrine it and it is very amusing ;-), And NOVAG citrine HAVE two LONGs years of guarranty, when I get tired of to find errors and to warn to novag so that they repair these errors in the following sofware upgrade, possibly in future (long) execute my right to guarantee and request a new unit... evidently as myself I have checked the unit he/she won't have those errors... or who knows, perhaps never it changes it and keep of memory this unit...
Chest-Nut wrote: Otherewise, one wouldn't know. May be each Citrine have it own personality, it got upset.
Not, all citrines have similar "lines" on level "serius", only need king up-down with white and black to go to the long lines book... and that way you can find you line incorrect. that they don't exist in other models. it is better to have 10.000 book positions (good) that 24.000 and that many of them prevent to think to citrine...
Chest-Nut wrote: Please don't feel offended, as I am just joking here....
don´t any problem... I like jokes ;-) too.
Chest-Nut wrote: As for bug, it is really depending on how we look at it. We can only call something a bug when it is not operated as documented.
And we can't call an un-intention or un-desire move as a bug.
if novag recognized other two previous errors in the book. (knight sacrifice ???, remember you ?), a lot of people have this BUG too, and NOVAG fixes it.
it is evident that the following errors in the book are also bugs,

that this thinking novag? that an user can win to citrine with an advantage knight and on the other hand it cannot win it with an advantage Pawn central ?

it is not logical.
because novag didn't say that in the first BUG (knight), that they were does it line for not demoralizing the players ?

on the other hand they quickly repaired that error, and the other error a lot but it burdens (2.d4 and crash...) --> is it evident that novag citrine would never play 1.e3? in tournament level (neither it never played 2. Ac4), on the other hand novag also recognized that this was an error...
Chest-Nut wrote: Otherwise, if Citrine doesn't have these un-desire or these on purpose bad moves, it's rating could go over 3300+ ELO.
Just kidding regards
Gregory
Ok. CITRINE have "options" levels to play versus a "small" players,
although the book was perfect, it would not imply a great improvement
in the citrine level, in fact, rybka doesn't have 3300 points of ELO...

IN other Theme: maybe the style of My citrine is a "version initial" of a rich and varied game . I like a lot this...

it is possible that if I upgrade to a version but recent, it is possible that he/she has a book but reduced, or that the programmers of NOvag have simply changed the valuations of you lines them favorite so that citrine always plays the same thing...

I would not like that to my for that it is very boring, I prefer a CITRINE (free of thought and election) that has some lines bad, but that in general terms (she) has a game a lot more variable that possibly the new citrine castrated ... on a upgrade sofware.

In many occasions the hardware and the initial versions are more powerfull and when the companies come that they can have problems they clip options so that the shortcomings (BUGS) cannot be seen ...

it is evident that the power of I calculate it is similar to other new models, because I have been able to check in some test positions that it takes the same thing to something less than the new castrated citrine books

in summary, to lower the level a WRONG book it is not used, well the options of the setup levels that are for that...

There is not any justification for NOVAG.

but thanks to the software ARENA chess. when I want to play against a perfect BOOK and an engine of 3100 points... I can connect it to the computer...

it is possible that NOvag disables that option in a software upgrade for that they understand that it doesn't benefit them that option, for that the client didn't buy another computer, because (I) to use it with the computer or in a future with a pocket pc...

I have had a great luck to be able to have a test version not finish of software, in that way I can use free software....

bye bye since spain.

oliver.

Edit: Bryan say me that his version upgrade of CITRINE not have this error, and repared the others errors, OK, but 0-0 is a regular MOVE, not is the best, because the ERROR of book CITRINE is with black book,
b8-c6. previus, is a bad move... in the black book citrine... and this situation is posible to play... because we play whit white pieces...

(it is possible that the CITRINE on EEUU has a version different from the book, it is possible that this news citrines doesn't know how to play the opening Carron-kann (line white e5...), because novag cut his books, ( in the upgrade ;-) ...)

it is also possible that your CITRINE doesn't know how to play the (ninwzoindian), after and some moves ( b1-c3) and go out book,
maybe my not like a new castrated citrine ... I like more my OLD and amusing CITRINE UCB ¡¡¡ and more beautiful... also...

bye bye since Spain... ( good jokes )=

Oliver ;-)