Strelka again

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sergei Markoff

Strelka again

Post by Sergei Markoff »

I have sent messages to Bryan Hoffmann and Dann Corbit offering them to be the experts. Yury Osipov give me a permission to do with his sources everything what I want. He is really depressed with this story. I hope he will not stop his work after such a "greeting" from the community.
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Re: Strelka again

Post by Werner »

Hi Sergei,
good news! I hope we will soon get the statements of Dann and Bryan.
Werner
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Sergei Markoff wrote:I have sent messages to Bryan Hoffmann and Dann Corbit offering them to be the experts. Yury Osipov give me a permission to do with his sources everything what I want. He is really depressed with this story. I hope he will not stop his work after such a "greeting" from the community.
In this case I believe him
Tell him that he should understand that the suspect was based on history of new strong programs that were discovered as clones and it is not something personal against him.

The choice of the name also gave the impression that it may be a joke about rybka.

Uri
Sergei Markoff

Post by Sergei Markoff »

Uri Blass wrote:The choice of the name also gave the impression that it may be a joke about rybka.
Uri
It's curious, but the name of engine is for Russian pop music group: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ru ... and_genres
("Strelki") ("Arrows")
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Post by Volker Pittlik »

Sergei Markoff wrote:I have sent messages to Bryan Hoffmann and Dann Corbit offering them to be the experts. Yury Osipov give me a permission...
I think that is the best you can do. If one of them accepts I guess this will decide and end this discussion.

Volker
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:D

Sergei,

no need to waste time on them. :!:

...............................if they dont wanna,

.+ sobeit :wink: :wink: :wink:

................. Mu Shin ..........................
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

I agreed to take a look.

I guess I am going to have to apologize. Since he is willing to take this step, it seems likely that we jumped the gun this time.
Thomas Mayer

Post by Thomas Mayer »

Hi Dann,
Dann Corbit wrote:I agreed to take a look.

I guess I am going to have to apologize. Since he is willing to take this step, it seems likely that we jumped the gun this time.
right, then we really found the famous exception of the rule... Maybe one must rethink then how to discover clones...

Greets, Thomas
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Sergei Markoff wrote:I have sent messages to Bryan Hoffmann and Dann Corbit offering them to be the experts. Yury Osipov give me a permission to do with his sources everything what I want. He is really depressed with this story. I hope he will not stop his work after such a "greeting" from the community.
I also certainly hope that he isn't discouraged enough to stop his work. :(

Regards, Graham.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Thomas Mayer wrote:Hi Dann,
Dann Corbit wrote:I agreed to take a look.

right, then we really found the famous exception of the rule... Maybe one must rethink then how to discover clones...

Greets, Thomas
I like illegals as they have served me/us well. Maybe in future an uncompressed exe should be sent to Dann before acceptance into the fold of mainstream computer chess?

Would that be workable?

Regards

Christopher