Hiarcs not everybody's cup of tea?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Hiarcs not everybody's cup of tea?

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

fern wrote:Of course I understood that. Now, do you understand that I was also joking?
Now tell me how do you win those monsters in such conditions if you are not a 2700 player.
I am pretty strong player and cannot do it.

Looking forward your recipe regards
Fernando
Hi Fernando,
:D
I know that you were kidding,just kidding pal :P
Now seriously,these wins I told you about are real,this was achieved thanks to my knowledge in the opening theory....meaning that sometimes,in rare cases,you drive the monster to a loosing position with a will prepared opening line and bam,it never recover :D
I've played over 800 games at long time controls against all types of chess engines since the year 2002 and I am still playing and since then I am getting better and better,I have a long long database with my games which I am arranging right now and I'll start to post the most interesting games....
Keep on playing and don't give up,
Dr.Wael Deeb
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

Ahhh, there is the key!!!!
I will confess you that my opening repertoire is worth nothing. I can still be caught by a variation of the giucco piano known since 1650. I have never been capable of studying even the basics of openings and for that, of endings. 100% of my strenght is in the middle game. ...if I get there. And if I get there but I do not win, I am crushed by any beginner that at least knows the rule of oposition.
So, as computer knows lot more than me about opennings and far more than me about endings, but also are extremely strong in the middle game, well, you see, the best I can do is to manage to give good fight along 40-50 moves, till death cath me and get me to Hades.

My best
Fernando
Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Jeroen wrote:Hi Harvey,

Of course: the little known program 'Everybody's cup of tea', which will hopefully hit the market soon :D

Have a good time in Leiden!

Jeroen
Hi Jeroen,

Allo Allo

Good Moaning,

is this a hybrid engine? combining all the engines at Leiden? I have to say that my cups of tea when not in England are not up to standard - so I drink Coffee - maybe that can be added to the hybrid engine.

I hope I will see you for the final day of Leiden.

Harvey

ps have you found the picture of the fallen madona with the big boobies?
Spock

Post by Spock »

Harvey Williamson wrote: ps have you found the picture of the fallen madona with the big boobies?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005570130,00.html

:) :)
Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Spock wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: ps have you found the picture of the fallen madona with the big boobies?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005570130,00.html

:) :)
I was just about to go to sleep but now I am laughing to much!
geots

Post by geots »

Seriously this time, Fern. If you can get to move 40 ag. Hiarcs, Shredder and the like in a fairly = position, you can do much better than I. I am in a deep hole there is no return from long before move 40. :(
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

geots wrote:Seriously this time, Fern. If you can get to move 40 ag. Hiarcs, Shredder and the like in a fairly = position, you can do much better than I. I am in a deep hole there is no return from long before move 40. :(
I have gotten up to move 56 against Movei on a really slow computer at an almost equal position. Then it was able to kick my ass in the endgame, so far I havent been able to repeat that performance.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Hi,
Here is a recent game against the updated Chess Tiger 2007.1,an awesome program but a nightmare if you start playing it as a human....damn tactical and keeps on attacking :?
Here is a game where I managed to hold my position,the game went longer but I post the interesting part :D

[Event "iZone_2007_1"]
[Site "Varna"]
[Date "2007.05.20"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Dr.Wael Deeb"]
[Black "Chess Tiger 2007.1"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[ECO "B81"]
[Opening "Sicilian"]
[Variation "Scheveningen, Keres, 6...h6 7.h4 Nc6 8.Rg1 h5"]
[TimeControl "240+2"]
[Termination "unterminated"]
[PlyCount "72"]

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 e6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 d6 6.g4 h6 7.h4 Nc6 8.Rg1 h5 9.gxh5
Nxh5 10.Bg5 Nf6 11.Qd2 Qb6 12.Nb3 Bd7 13.O-O-O a6 14.Rh1 Nh5 15.Kb1 Qc7 16.Rg1 Ne5
17.Qe2 b5 18.a3 Nc4 19.Na2 g6 20.Nd2 Nb6 21.Bg2 Bg7 22.Bf3 Rc8 23.Rdc1 a5 24.c3 Nc4
25.Rc2 Nf6 26.Nc1 Nh7 27.Bf4 e5 28.Bg3 Nf6 29.Nd3 Qb7 30.Re1 Bh6 31.Nb3 Be6 32.Nbc1
Bg7 33.Bg2 Rc7 34.Rh1 Nh5 35.Bf3 Qc6 36.Rg1 Nf6 1/2-1/2

[D]4k2r/2r2pb1/2qpbnp1/pp2p3/2n1P2P/P1PN1BB1/1PR1QP2/1KN3R1 w k - 18 37

iZone_
Hardware:
HP Pavilion dv9000t series,Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo T7200 [2.0GHz/4MB L2Cache],1GB DDR2 System Memory [2 Dimm]
Hashtables=128Mb for each engine!
Software:Windows Vista Home,GUI:Arena 1.1,ChessBase GUI!
Nalimov EGTB:all 4 pieces and most of 5 pieces!
Conditions:
Time controls: 40 minutes per game + 40 seconds increment!
Each engine plays 2 games against all other engines!
Ponder off!
Learning enabled!
No adapters are used!
No frozen,or out of time games!Just clear cut results!

Cheers,
Dr.Wael Deeb

P.S.I started a new type of tournament engaging the new released engines since the begining of the year....32 engines plus me each playing 2 games against all the others,1056 games in total :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Good moaning Harvey!

I bet you mean 'The fillen madoona with the bog beebees' !?

BTW, I have some bad nose for you: Hiarcs will drip half a pint today :lol:

Good luck in the remaining 3 rounds!

Jeroen
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Jeroen wrote:Good moaning Harvey!

I bet you mean 'The fillen madoona with the bog beebees' !?

BTW, I have some bad nose for you: Hiarcs will drip half a pint today :lol:

Good luck in the remaining 3 rounds!

Jeroen
Jeroen, it is rude to not tell us the joke.

I am curious to know regards

Tony