Hiarcs not everybody's cup of tea?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson

Re: Hiarcs not everybody's cup of tea?

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Jeroen wrote:Good moaning Harvey!

I bet you mean 'The fillen madoona with the bog beebees' !?

BTW, I have some bad nose for you: Hiarcs will drip half a pint today :lol:

Good luck in the remaining 3 rounds!

Jeroen
Jeroen, it is rude to not tell us the joke.

I am curious to know regards

Tony
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/artic ... 0250.shtml
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Hi Tony,

Never seen 'Allo Allo' with the French officer Crabtree, crippling the English language!? You should take a look, it is really funny.

Regards, Jeroen
Theo van der Storm

Post by Theo van der Storm »

Jeroen wrote:Hi Tony,

Never seen 'Allo Allo' with the French officer Crabtree, crippling the English language!? You should take a look, it is really funny.

Regards, Jeroen
He had to get up at half-pissed socks to see where the Germans took the painting of the fallen madonna with the big boobies by Van Klomp.
Spock

Post by Spock »

No doubt about it, it was a fantastic series, and I still enjoy watching the repeats when they are on
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

My Crabtree all-time favourite is his version of the 'long distance duck'. Thye needed this duck to take the invasion plans to London. What Crabtree made of 'duck', well, I leave that to your imagination :-)
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

fern wrote:At least it is my cup of tea. Perhaps second in streght to Rybka, anyway is more than a match for me in that aspect and what is more, I consider it first in quality of the game, in its capability to entertain and give great fun.
Rybka is perhaps somewhat -not much- stronger, but also duller.
Yesterday I played a serious game with Hiarcs. I was playing really well and at around move 35 I was even already thinking how I was going to materalize my advantage. Then, in a sudden, the beast found a resource, some counterplay, and then killed me around move 45.
Thats the thrill...

From the Hades Regards
Fernando
Fernando, now some people here might not like what I want to say here, but,
Is it REALLY possible to judge Hiarcs like that? Are you QUITE sure a much lesser rated computer could not do the same to you?

You would have to analyze that game you had, then ssee where you might h ave gone seriously wrong, if you did, or if it you had already gone wroing before move 35 or not, then, to test it on other engines too, to see if THEY would have beaten you too. And with thrill too!

If you are on the level of Kasparov at his peak, then I will simply ask you if you analyzed it afterwards.
gerold

Post by gerold »

S.Taylor wrote:
fern wrote:At least it is my cup of tea. Perhaps second in streght to Rybka, anyway is more than a match for me in that aspect and what is more, I consider it first in quality of the game, in its capability to entertain and give great fun.
Rybka is perhaps somewhat -not much- stronger, but also duller.
Yesterday I played a serious game with Hiarcs. I was playing really well and at around move 35 I was even already thinking how I was going to materalize my advantage. Then, in a sudden, the beast found a resource, some counterplay, and then killed me around move 45.
Thats the thrill...

From the Hades Regards
Fernando
Fernando, now some people here might not like what I want to say here, but,
Is it REALLY possible to judge Hiarcs like that? Are you QUITE sure a much lesser rated computer could not do the same to you?

You would have to analyze that game you had, then ssee where you might h ave gone seriously wrong, if you did, or if it you had already gone wroing before move 35 or not, then, to test it on other engines too, to see if THEY would have beaten you too. And with thrill too!

If you are on the level of Kasparov at his peak, then I will simply ask you if you analyzed it afterwards.
I think Fernando is still under 2050 rating. :) He needs all the help
and advice on how to play computers. :)
fern

Post by fern »

Of course, Stuartt, other engines cand do the same with me. By example, CSTAL, that I like a lot. And MChess. And Chessmaster. and so on.
But in this thread the issue was Hiarcs, so I spoke only of it.
Even more: I can be killed positionally lot before move 40. It was in THAT game I mentioned that I went so good so far. I never said I ALWAYS get a good chance with good engines to such an advanced phase of the game. I, as many here, I have been beaten several times lot earlier.

My best
Fernando
fern

Post by fern »

2050? I believe that by now I am a 1700 player at mi best. I was 2100-2200 in better times.

sheers
Fernando
nuff

Post by nuff »

Judging by the amount of noise made by the Hiarcs team I thought they would at least bag Leiden. They can't even beat less known engines like Scorpio?