Hiarcs not everybody's cup of tea?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Tony Thomas

Re: Hiarcs not everybody's cup of tea?

Post by Tony Thomas »

nuff wrote:Judging by the amount of noise made by the Hiarcs team I thought they would at least bag Leiden. They can't even beat less known engines like Scorpio?
You have serious problems with your logic. Just because an engine is strong doesnt mean its going to win every single time. Scorpio is not well known? Where you got that idea from?
Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Tony Thomas wrote:
nuff wrote:Judging by the amount of noise made by the Hiarcs team I thought they would at least bag Leiden. They can't even beat less known engines like Scorpio?
You have serious problems with your logic. Just because an engine is strong doesnt mean its going to win every single time. Scorpio is not well known? Where you got that idea from?
Hi Tony,

I agree with you but I would like to say well done to Scorpio also - it is obviously a good engine and should be tested and respected.

As for this guys logic.............

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
Hi Tony,

I agree with you but I would like to say well done to Scorpio also - it is obviously a good engine and should be tested and respected.

As for this guys logic.............

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Nuff said :wink:
nuff

Post by nuff »

Scorpio did not go round boasting they would wipe the floor with everyone did they? Out of curiosity how many tournament wins has Hiarcs notched in the last 5 years so as to get a balanced point of view? The likes of Zap, Loop, Fruit and Naum are ahead of Hiarcs in my books.
Harvey Williamson

nuff wrote:Scorpio did not go round boasting they would wipe the floor with everyone did they? Out of curiosity how many tournament wins has Hiarcs notched in the last 5 years so as to get a balanced point of view? The likes of Zap, Loop, Fruit and Naum are ahead of Hiarcs in my books.
Hi,

Am playing a rematch with Scorpio now on playchess - same computers same operators same time control - Hiarcs is winning - what does this prove nothing about overall strength - as the experienced tester you claim to be you should know this.

As for werewolf the main guy in the propaganda thread - he emailed this to the Hiarcs team not long ago:

"I am now convinced that
Hiarcs is the best engine for the majority of users, regardless of
strength". It would be interesting if you were to quote this direct, on
your website"

Me thinks he has a problem!

Harvey
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

nuff wrote:Scorpio did not go round boasting they would wipe the floor with everyone did they? Out of curiosity how many tournament wins has Hiarcs notched in the last 5 years so as to get a balanced point of view? The likes of Zap, Loop, Fruit and Naum are ahead of Hiarcs in my books.
Harvey started boasting after you started following him. He was trying to tick you off, for some reason you didnt understand it. Tournament win doesnt have much to do with the strength of an engine, Junior won the last world championship and it wasnt the strongest engine.
Harvey Williamson

Tony Thomas wrote:
Harvey started boasting after you started following him. He was trying to tick you off, for some reason you didnt understand it. Tournament win doesnt have much to do with the strength of an engine, Junior won the last world championship and it wasnt the strongest engine.
Hi Tony,

nuff said regards,

Harvey :)
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey started boasting after you started following him. He was trying to tick you off, for some reason you didnt understand it
The danger with this approach is that it ticks off a lot of other people as well. :roll:
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey started boasting after you started following him. He was trying to tick you off, for some reason you didnt understand it
The danger with this approach is that it ticks off a lot of other people as well. :roll:
May be you didnt notice, look at most of the threads were Harvey posted, I guarantee you that nuff was there.