superchessengine.com

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Denis the Rocketeer

Post by Graham Banks »

F. Bluemers wrote:I see that mr Mendoza's post has been moderated
The link he gave to his own site( :shock:) full of clones has been removed.
Otherwise his post has been left untouched which might fool readers about the (im)poster.

I wonder why his post isn't removed totally with a [moderation: deleted] tag
together with his account.

Regards

Fonzy
[/b]
Yes - the website link was removed by moderation. The rest of the post was fine.
That is all that was felt necessary at this stage.

Regards, Graham.
Marc MP

Post by Marc MP »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Marc MP wrote:
Otherwise his post has been left untouched which might fool readers about the (im)poster.

Regards

Fonzy
[/b]
Maybe we aren't talking about the same site, but the site I know about M.Mendoza is full of different toga compile... I don't see anything wrong about that. The sources are there I believe. It doesn't look like he is trying to hide it is from Toga.
You should examine the site closer.

Toga? Everyone knows what I think of Toga.

Quite apart from that Rocket is Rybka. Commercial Rybka.

And at that point....the party is over.

Christopher
I'm sorry: I wasn't aware of the commercial Rybka cloning being done there.

PS: Maybe the moderators should remove some posts by me and Teemu Pudas in the archives then (I guess they know what url to search).

PPS: I use Toga even if I bought a liscence of Fruit 2.2.1.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Marc MP wrote:
Marc MP wrote:

Regards

Fonzy
[/b]
Maybe we aren't talking about the same site, but the site I know about M.Mendoza is full of different toga compile... I don't see anything wrong about that. The sources are there I believe. It doesn't look like he is trying to hide it is from Toga.

Christopher

PS: Maybe the moderators should remove some posts by me and Teemu Pudas in the archives then (I guess they know what url to search).

There is nothing wrong with supporting programmers by buying their engines if they are commercial. There is something very wrong with hex editing a commercial engine and passing it off as ones own engine.

If I were you i would play with Fruit. There is nothing like...the real thing....

;)

Christopher
Marc MP

Post by Marc MP »

Marc MP wrote:
Marc MP wrote:

Regards

Fonzy
[/b]

Christopher

There is nothing wrong with supporting programmers by buying their engines if they are commercial. There is something very wrong with hex editing a commercial engine and passing it off as ones own engine.

If I were you i would play with Fruit. There is nothing like...the real thing....

;)

Christopher
Thank you for your comprehensive answer.

Honestly, for me the real thing is Fruit 2.1. Actually I still play with it more than Fruit 2.2. I know this is nonsense. But I came to computer chess looking for answers about a bug in a Fritz engine I bought at the end of June 2005. I google something and ended at chessninja.com... a post by "Permanent Brain" entitled; "A Freeware at the Top!". I guess I bought the ideology. Fabien against Goliath (Shredder 9 and my newly bought Fritz 8 at the time). Fruit 2.1 became my idol forever. Th rest are details... Toga, Fruit 2.2.1, Gambit Fruit... the real thing (open source) that hit computer chess is Fruit 2.1.
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

Sorry to comment, but my post only answered about the query on Superchessengine.com from Pavel. I respect/accept the moderation on my back-up site as per CCC guidelines.

But I just like to tell you people that my back-up site at mylivepage.com is purely for free UCI engines and tournaments (for SCE). There is no hexedited engine there, even the the anonymous uploads (from a friend who also wants to learn compiling). It's just another branch of computerchess which I want to learn, considering it is totally new to me. You can call them "clones", since it's really the appropriate term. They're compiling projects generally from Fruit and Toga codes. And they're just simple accomplishments from lessons learned in this continuing hobby-like a normal student. I just like compiling all sorts of open source programs in parallel with my programming studies. Chess is just one of them. It's as simple as that. BTW, you won't find Rocket engines on my back-up site... You have to go to Anheiser Bush's site and ask him, OK.

You can say anything you want. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But this ends here!
Christopher Conkie

Denis P. Mendoza wrote:Sorry to comment, but my post only answered about the query on Superchessengine.com from Pavel. I respect/accept the moderation on my back-up site as per CCC guidelines.

But I just like to tell you people that my back-up site at mylivepage.com is purely for free UCI engines and tournaments (for SCE). There is no hexedited engine there, even the the anonymous uploads (from a friend who also wants to learn compiling). It's just another branch of computerchess which I want to learn, considering it is totally new to me. You can call them "clones", since it's really the appropriate term. They're compiling projects generally from Fruit and Toga codes. And they're just simple accomplishments from lessons learned in this continuing hobby-like a normal student. I just like compiling all sorts of open source programs in parallel with my programming studies. Chess is just one of them. It's as simple as that. BTW, you won't find Rocket engines on my back-up site... You have to go to Anheiser Bush's site and ask him, OK.

You can say anything you want. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But this ends here!
I notice you cleared the link from the front to the "Rocket" download which is a good idea.

However, you may not have noticed that the link to that website still remains in your forum.

Also a russian pirate chess engine site appears to like you, so much so, they have made you a friend of theirs.

If you are looking for something to practise on may I suggest SamChess or something like that.

We could do with some faster compilations of the weaker chess engines like SamChess. Bryan Hofmann has already made fast compiles of Fruit.

Christopher
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

Chris,

I only checked my site yesterday so I don't know what you meant for "cleared the link". If you're talking about the forum pages, I don't visit them often. I read them but surely don't edit them. The main purpose was to back-up my games for SCE, so that Daniel could have another option in any case my email game attachments becomes corrupt. The last time I visited it was when files were entered in the "UPLOADS" folder by a Filipino friend who compiled it. My pc had problems so I requested someone to practice compiling it for me.

The rest of your comments are self-explanatory, if you are at mylivepage.com. Marc and Pavel surely would state similar experiences. I'm a lousy maintainer of a website since I have limited time and knowhow as well. It also holds true with my compiling. You can ban my site here based on what you believe but what happens in my site is my jurisdiction, not yours. Let's stop this nonsense talk.

I'll respect your beliefs and I hope you respect mine, as a true gentleman.

Denis
Daniel Mehrmann
Full name: Daniel Mehrmann

Illegal Homer download on mylivepage.com

Post by Daniel Mehrmann »

BTW

I found a page where Homer Leiden x64 is offer for download.
That's illegal and the webhoster has no license to offer Homer for download in any ways. Please remove it !

Link:
[removed by moderation]

:evil:
Daniel
Graham Banks

Re: Illegal Homer download on mylivepage.com

Post by Graham Banks »

Daniel,

could you please email or message the link to either Peter Skinner or Christopher Conkie.

We can't have such links posted publicly on CCC. Hope you understand.

Regards, Graham.
Christopher Conkie

Denis P. Mendoza wrote:Chris,

I only checked my site yesterday so I don't know what you meant for "cleared the link".
The message that showed on the front at the top of the forum list (and therefore in the forum itself) that contained the link to download "Rocket" is gone. Maybe it happened by magic? The message that is now top contains a link to the "Rocket" site in two ways. Both in the message and the url is reachable by clicking on the user who posted it.
If you're talking about the forum pages, I don't visit them often. I read them but surely don't edit them.
Someone did. Perhaps you have been hacked? Fortunately we took a picture of it as proof. It's quite easy to see what has changed from this.

:wink:
The main purpose was to back-up my games for SCE, so that Daniel could have another option in any case my email game attachments becomes corrupt. The last time I visited it was when files were entered in the "UPLOADS" folder by a Filipino friend who compiled it. My pc had problems so I requested someone to practice compiling it for me.
So someone else does the compiling and not you? Is that what you mean?
The Fruit/Toga stuff is up to. The Viper stuff you would need to ask Tord about. However the "Rocket" stuff is quite illegal.
The rest of your comments are self-explanatory, if you are at mylivepage.com. Marc and Pavel surely would state similar experiences. I'm a lousy maintainer of a website since I have limited time and knowhow as well. It also holds true with my compiling.
That just goes to show why you should not use mylivepage then. If I were you I'd scrub the site and start again with something that you can control.
You can ban my site here based on what you believe but what happens in my site is my jurisdiction, not yours. Let's stop this nonsense talk.
I can't ban anyone's site here although I think they find it as unacceptable to them here, as it is to me that links are posted to sites where theft is the order of the day. Your site does this and it is certainly not nonsense. You are right.....

What happens in your site is your concern.....including those links.
I'll respect your beliefs and I hope you respect mine, as a true gentleman.

Denis
If you do you will then clear the remnaining links of any kind to places where you can download clones then. If you don't someone might do it for you.........again.

Christopher