Poll on moderation

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Do you find moderation as it is applied by the current moderators satisfactory?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:26 pm

Yes, I would like them to continue for one more year
43%
No, I would like to have elections and get different moderators as soon as possible
30%
I don't care one way or another
26%

Total votes: 53

Graham Banks

Re: Poll on moderation

Post by Graham Banks »

Dann Corbit wrote:
Enir wrote:Last moderator elections took place a long time ago. Is it alright with you to keep having the same team of moderators?

Enrique
I think that an even more important question is:
"Is it alright with them?"
Can't speak for Albert or Thorsten on this, but I'm happy to carry on until elections are held, whenever that may be.
However, I won't be standing again if nominated because I've had a long enough spell.
Apart from the issue of threads disappearing after a given period of time, I've seen the positive changes to CCC that I was hoping to see.
The forum is now a lot easier to moderate because spam signups and dupes do not get access. Members also generally treat each other with more respect.
Not all will agree, but I think that CCC standards have improved.

Regards, Graham.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Graham Banks wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:
Enir wrote:Last moderator elections took place a long time ago. Is it alright with you to keep having the same team of moderators?

Enrique
Can't speak for Albert or Thorsten on this, but I'm happy to carry on until elections are held, whenever that may be.
However, I won't be standing again if nominated because I've had a long enough spell.
Apart from the issue of threads disappearing after a given period of time, I've seen the positive changes to CCC that I was hoping to see.
The forum is now a lot easier to moderate because spam signups and dupes do not get access. Members also generally treat each other with more respect.

Regards, Graham.
Truly sorry to hear that Graham
i recall not long ago you mentioned you would consider running again(and even with me on the team no less)

for whatever its worth i think you belong in the Moderators "Hall of Fame"( along with Mike B ,Hyatt, and a few others)

Highest Regards
Steve
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Steve B wrote:
i recall not long ago you mentioned you would consider running again(and even with me on the team no less)

Highest Regards
Steve

The thing that I always liked about Graham is that he is an enthusiastic moderator and you know HE is a moderator. I m sure he will miss the big salary that comes with being a moderator :wink: , but as we all know money isn't everything. Hyatt was also one of my favorites. I'm personally very happy that the MikeB character retired -- but for my own selfish reasons.

I always like to see new moderators that have not moderated before - share the wealth you know. ( hint... hint)

SteveB Nominating Commitee Regards,

MikeB
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

MikeB wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Highest Regards
Steve

The thing that I always liked about Graham is that he is an enthusiastic moderator and you know HE is a moderator. I m sure he will miss the big salary that comes with being a moderator :wink: , but as we all know money isn't everything. Hyatt was also one of my favorites. I'm personally very happy that the MikeB character retired -- but for my own selfish reasons.

I always like to see new moderators that have not moderated before - share the wealth you know. ( hint... hint)

SteveB Nominating Commitee Regards,

MikeB
Thanks Mike(i think)
:wink:

for once i am seriously considering it

i have alot of axes to grind and being a mod can help me in that respect

J/K Regards
Steve
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Graham Banks wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:

Enrique

Regards, Graham.
You can't speak for me, but you assuredly know my views on this. Actually, we share the exact same views on this. Although we had discussed a possible acceptance of a new nomination, I'm afraid I have also had my fill (burp), and will let someone else take up the gauntlet. I've done my tour of duty, and helped keep the forums sane, giving something back to a cyberspot I have revolved around for so many years, and that is pretty much all I wished for.

I do hope the membership gets another group with proactive moderators on the job. Remember: the only ones you complain about are the ones not afraid to get their hands dirty, and who have a willingness to weather a storm if need be.

Albert
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Enrique
This is a big NO for me !
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]