CCC in a crisis?!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Mike S.

CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Mike S. »

Today, I noticed that on a normal Saturday, between ~09:00 am and 04:00 pm, no messages at all have been posted in the General Topics forum. That is even more remarkable as it was a week with Fruit releases and other interesting news (Pocket Fritz, Rybka-Junior...). Don't tell me you were all out for sports and spent time with your families?! Hahaha! We are chess players, not normal beings :mrgreen: So what's the explanation? CCC in a crisis?
Regards, Mike
Terry McCracken

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Terry McCracken »

Mike S. wrote:Today, I noticed that on a normal Saturday, between ~09:00 am and 04:00 pm, no messages at all have been posted in the General Topics forum. That is even more remarkable as it was a week with Fruit releases and other interesting news (Pocket Fritz, Rybka-Junior...). Don't tell me you were all out for sports and spent time with your families?! Hahaha! We are chess players, not normal beings :mrgreen: So what's the explanation? CCC in a crisis?
A few are defecting :wink:

I'd say more but my post would be axed! :shock:
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Terry McCracken wrote: I'd say more but my post would be axed! :shock:
I'm sure Mike and others would be most interested in your thoughts. Don't be shy. :wink:
Daniel Mehrmann
Full name: Daniel Mehrmann

Post by Daniel Mehrmann »

Mike S. wrote:Today, I noticed that on a normal Saturday, between ~09:00 am and 04:00 pm, no messages at all have been posted in the General Topics forum. That is even more remarkable as it was a week with Fruit releases and other interesting news (Pocket Fritz, Rybka-Junior...). Don't tell me you were all out for sports and spent time with your families?! Hahaha! We are chess players, not normal beings :mrgreen: So what's the explanation? CCC in a crisis?
Well, for some reasons i believe the CCC is dead, at least for me. :wink:

Best,
Daniel
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Daniel Mehrmann wrote: Well, for some reasons i believe the CCC is dead, at least for me. :wink:

Best,
Daniel
Yes, but I believe your reason is mainly related to the Strelka poll which showed that more than 50% of those who responded were okay with including Strelka in their tournaments.

Terry is referring to my moderation, in particular to the thread below which I removed temporarily at the time to clean it up.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15295

It led to the following threads as reactions:
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15352
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15417
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15494

But I believe it started further back with a series of threads which culminated in this thread:
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13709

I've restored them so that you can get the picture, but they're now locked.

It has also led to harassment via pms which only stopped recently when I said that if it continued, I would change my mind and stand for re-election if I was nominated in the next moderator elections (something which I'm now considering if only to prove a point).

The disaffected parties are now posting quite happily on the new Hiarcs forum, with more than one stating that they will not post here again until after moderator elections are held.

Sorry to bring all this up, but one can only be attacked and harrassed for so long without saying something.
All I do is try to be part of a team that voluntarily moderates this forum to the best of our ability.
I've made mistakes along the way (as I'm sure all past and present mods have), but I don't feel that I deserve this treatment.

Regards, Graham.
fern

Post by fern »

Mike, precisely because we are chess people, sometimes we do not show up here because, believe it or not, we are effectively playing. Today I played around two games, one against Homer 2.0, other against Fritz 9. I lost both, though yesterday I draw with Fruit 2.3. So much irregular my chess force is.

My best
Fernando
fern

Post by fern »

Man, as much I play Homer 2.0, it is alive.
Stay tunned
Fernando
gerold

Post by gerold »

Hello Mike. I don't know where people are. I been swimming the
last two days and just check in morning and night.

Gerold.

P.S. It is close to 100f. here so swimming is about all i wish to do.
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

To avoid misunderstandings, I was of course not referring to any moderators or -actions, or to controversial topics. I was just surprised about the long inactivity during a Saturday's daytime. But I am glad to see that many regulars are completely operational (again)! :mrgreen:

Regards, Mike
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: I'd say more but my post would be axed! :shock:
I'm sure Mike and others would be most interested in your thoughts. Don't be shy. :wink:
I think you've said enough Graham, and it doesn't reflect good judgement.