what is the secret of rybka

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tiger

Re: what is the secret of rybka

Post by tiger »

Tony Thomas wrote:
WinPooh wrote:
nczempin wrote:We all know the secret, and we are conspiring to keep it from you.
To say more, all chess programmers conspired not to write engines stronger than Rybka.
If they do the chess god will be mad at them. Not only that the chessgod will kick out the chess devil (whom Vas sold his soul to) from Vasik Rajlich's slender body and take the place and make a 50000 elo chess engine.

What is the statistical error bar on your 50000 elo evaluation?

// Christophe
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

tiger wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
WinPooh wrote:
nczempin wrote:We all know the secret, and we are conspiring to keep it from you.
To say more, all chess programmers conspired not to write engines stronger than Rybka.
If they do the chess god will be mad at them. Not only that the chessgod will kick out the chess devil (whom Vas sold his soul to) from Vasik Rajlich's slender body and take the place and make a 50000 elo chess engine.

What is the statistical error bar on your 50000 elo evaluation?

// Christophe
+ or - 46400. :wink:
nczempin

Post by nczempin »

kaustubh wrote: Knowing some algolrithm is a different from implementing that algolrithm in your engine. Vasik said he spend 2500 hours on rybka. So there must be some new techniques which are hard to implement but are good, like mtd(f)
Okay:

Vasik has an IQ of 300.
His development tools cost 1,000,000 $.
He spends 25 hours a day working on Rybka.
Vasik is actually a whole bunch of Vasiks, each called Vasik.

So we mortals will never be able to catch him.

What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve?
kaustubh

Post by kaustubh »

I am sorry i am not very good in English. We don't know exactly what vasik is using in his engine, but we can hypothesize what he must be using. So i asked this question on this forum to get ideas of what advanced techniques vasik may be using.

Let's end this topic.

Kaustubh
swami

Post by swami »

nczempin wrote:
kaustubh wrote: Knowing some algolrithm is a different from implementing that algolrithm in your engine. Vasik said he spend 2500 hours on rybka. So there must be some new techniques which are hard to implement but are good, like mtd(f)
Okay:

Vasik has an IQ of 300.
His development tools cost 1,000,000 $.
He spends 25 hours a day working on Rybka.
Vasik is actually a whole bunch of Vasiks, each called Vasik.

So we mortals will never be able to catch him.

What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve?
Leave him alone,Nicolai :)

He is just new to the forum and a lot of newbies in several different forums ask questions the same way.
swami

Post by swami »

kaustubh wrote:I am sorry i am not very good in English. We don't know exactly what vasik is using in his engine, but we can hypothesize what he must be using. So i asked this question on this forum to get ideas of what advanced techniques vasik may be using.

Let's end this topic.

Kaustubh
Strelka is an engine that was released recently, it has revealed the secret of Rybka 1.0 beta.But we do not know what makes later versions of Rybka stronger.

By the way, your english is not any worser and it is pretty much acceptable,it's just that many members who are experienced find your question silly.
swami

Post by swami »

If the poster pay Vas enough money maybe Vas can tell him the secret.
For Vas, It's the thing that money can't buy.
nczempin

Post by nczempin »

swami wrote: What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve?
Leave him alone,Nicolai :)

He is just new to the forum and a lot of newbies in several different forums ask questions the same way.[/quote]

You're right, I'm sorry. He still doesn't seem to get the message, so I guess perhaps it's hopeless. Thanks for being patient with him.
swami

Post by swami »

You're right, I'm sorry. He still doesn't seem to get the message, so I guess perhaps it's hopeless. Thanks for being patient with him.
That's allright, Nicolai :)

Patient is virtue, I see similar stuffs happening in a lot of forum and I don't understand why newbies are treated differently.

Regards.
nczempin

Post by nczempin »

swami wrote:
That's allright, Nicolai :)

Patient is virtue, I see similar stuffs happening in a lot of forum and I don't understand why newbies are treated differently.

Regards.
There's no link between him being new to this forum and the way he's being treated. It is the way he acts (and this kind of way to act is commonly associated with "newbies", but there are newbies that try a little harder).

If you don't understand our behaviour, I suggest you read that article on how to ask questions smartly that I mentioned in the other thread. There are some good explanations as to why "our" reactions are the way they are.
And be aware that we are not being rude (which behaviour seems to be justified in the article), but slightly more friendly by making jokes.

So: It could be worse!