Collectors Corner...Any Links?and welcome back Steve B!!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

swami

Collectors Corner...Any Links?and welcome back Steve B!!!

Post by swami »

Hi Steve B and others,

I do read some of the posts about collectors corner, But I don't know a thing about the ratings of chess computers or names of most chess computers, may I have the link to the updated and current ratings list of all chess computers, my student who used to attend the chess classes had several chess computers, I don't recall what the name of those chess computers were.He said one of them was rated around 2200..may I know the list of chess computers around that range?

I may consider buying sometime later after I finish my studies in management school.From next month it's going to be hectic.Playing chess game once in a while is always refreshing.But I wanted to save the list before that.

Waiting for the info about chess computers regards.
Steve B

Re: Collectors Corner...Any Links?and welcome back Steve B!!

Post by Steve B »

swami wrote:Hi Steve B and others,

I do read some of the posts about collectors corner, But I don't know a thing about the ratings of chess computers or names of most chess computers, may I have the link to the updated and current ratings list of all chess computers, my student who used to attend the chess classes had several chess computers, I don't recall what the name of those chess computers were.He said one of them was rated around 2200..may I know the list of chess computers around that range?

I may consider buying sometime later after I finish my studies in management school.From next month it's going to be hectic.Playing chess game once in a while is always refreshing.But I wanted to save the list before that.

now how could i possibly refuse a request like that?
:P

here you are:

http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... -Elo-Liste

Good Luck With Your Studies Regards
Steve
swami

Post by swami »

Steve B wrote:

now how could i possibly refuse a request like that?
:P

here you are:

http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... -Elo-Liste

Good Luck With Your Studies Regards
Steve
So my student owns a TASC, that must be pretty good. :)

should I trust SSDF or Wiki rating list?

Thanks for your wishes regards.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

swami wrote: So my student owns a TASC, that must be pretty good. :)
yes indeed
with the singular exception of the Resurrection dedicated computers the Tasc computers remain to this day the strongest dedicated computers ever released for sale
they are sadly quite expensive typically achieving prices of 2000 Euro or better on Ebay
as you probably know they contain the King(Chessmaster) engine by de Koinig
swami wrote: should I trust SSDF or Wiki rating list?
the SSDF lists have been around the longest of the lists shown in Wiki
if a particular computer has an SSDF list and a Wiki rating that are different i would go with the SSDF
however both lists are reliable

the lists that i and hundreds of other collectors rely on worldwide are the Selective Search lists published by Eric Hallsworth since 1985 which is the longest running list in the hobby today
however these lists are available by paid subscription only and not available free on the internet

so you see Swami..it is not only you Engine enthusiasts that have competing rating lists
in fact it was we dedicated guys that started that debate long before!

Debate is good regards
Steve
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Could you get into hectic troubles concerning a possible moderation job as a young student.

Medical hectic regards.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
swami

Post by swami »

Thanks Steve for all these info, found it useful.
Good to know that it was dedicated guys that started the debate about the competition and ratings list.