Linares 2008

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: Linares 2008

Post by Damir »

I do not see Uri here. Next time, remember to take a nice pair of glasses. :lol: :lol:
Heinz Van Kempen

Post by Heinz Van Kempen »

Hi Etard :) ,

you van have both things at the same time.

Top GM games at Linares analysed at three minutes each ply by five top chess engines, calculating one after the other.

Check for update in Rybka Forum on Monday, when you will find three games more on our CEGT website:

http://www.husvankempen.de/nunn/Replay/replay.htm

Will also add the Aljechin Defence win by Larsson soon and Shirov vs. Anand for example.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Heinz Van Kempen wrote:Hi Etard :) ,

you van have both things at the same time.

Top GM games at Linares analysed at three minutes each ply by five top chess engines, calculating one after the other.

Check for update in Rybka Forum on Monday, when you will find three games more on our CEGT website:

http://www.husvankempen.de/nunn/Replay/replay.htm

Will also add the Aljechin Defence win by Larsson soon and Shirov vs. Anand for example.

And now a post fit for cttttttf.
I wish _I_ was invited to Linares, after I would polish up my chess a little! Maybe it COULD have happened, but I'm thinking now that my personal visions have moved on already. No, I never really got off the ground, and now I need oiling. Even if I COULD still become strong (2500 or so), I have no time left in my life, or I would NEVER have time to do things which are more important.
I mean, I can't afford to play with time any more. I must go straight to the MOST important things now.
This is ANYWAY dreaming, but if I WOULD have got my period of quiet, I might have tried (building up my chess abilities much further)!
Just tonight, I played a young boy, and I let him take back all bad moves. I nearly lost! yes, one DOES have to be quite exacting in chess. I haven't even played a computer for a long time.
Anyway, so this was a post for ctf. But basically, I'd better make my plans for the rest of my life, according to what I'd hope to be able to look back at when I'm old, and be happy about it.
GenoM

Post by GenoM »

Heinz Van Kempen wrote:Will also add the Aljechin Defence win by Larsson
May be you meant Carlsen?
take it easy :)
Heinz Van Kempen

Post by Heinz Van Kempen »

Hi :) ,

right the young M.Carlsen, already rated ELO 2733. This one is in progress and will be added tomorrow. To analyze one game this way lasts averagely 24 hours. It was too late to edit my post, when I saw my mistake.

Added now Shirov vs. Anand.

http://www.husvankempen.de/nunn/Replay/gm.htm

It is intended to run a few stats regarding this project with more games later.