Strongest Toga-engine?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Re: Strongest Toga-engine?

Post by Eelco de Groot »

jpqy wrote:Hi Eelco,

I'am a registered user as jpqy ,you can find me there!!

These engines..i think i was the first one who download them :)
Already testing..works easy now with the multi-threat settings!
TogaII141SE-Multi_cpu.7z
TogaII14b5c-Multi_cpu.7z
TogaII142JD-Multi_cpu.7z

But no Toga143JDb8a and Toga143JDb8b??
I have check again,just now!?

JP.
Maybe you missed it as it is a single post by Denis Mendoza on page three of a thread in the Compiles Forum, in the thread about Toga 1.4.3JDbeta8.

Board index ‹ Private ‹ Compiles

Maybe you need to hit the refresh button of your browser. In the Board Index or Index for the Compiles subforum there is after each thread title a column 'last post' with the name of the last poster and a small button that links to the latest post of the thread, this one has a date Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Eelco
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
jpqy

Post by jpqy »

Thats maybe the problem,i don't see ->Board index ‹ Private ‹ Compiles
i only have ->Board index ‹ Public ...when i log in?

JP.
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Hi Jean-Paul,

Sorry, I think you are right, the Compiles subforum is a restricted forum. I assumed all registered users had gotten access to the subforums but that is not the case. I see that in the User Profile there are options to apply to one of the Usergroups. But I don't know if you would want to become a Betatester and if that would give access to the Compiles Forum. It is understandable that they would limit the distribution of Betas when they are not ready to leave Beta stage, there enough versions as it is I think and Toga is strong enough to have to keep an eye on possible clones. Maybe I will make Beta 4 one of these days, I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty already where it concerns Toga code.

But there are a lot of new ideas floating around that is cool. I must admit I did not really think there would be much animo for collaborating on Toga, I think it is rather unique, apart from Crafty and maybe Glaurung, Tord has exchanged code with other programmers, but I thought that chess programming was usually not done by teams, then again there were also very successful team or couple collaborations I should have remembered that, Chess by Slate and Atkin, Sargon by the Spacklens, Spike by Ralf Schäfer and Volker Böhm , Cray Blitz, Deep Blue, so it is possible!

Regards, Eelco
-- Brian W. Kernighan
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Hi Eelco ... what is the strongest multi core capable Toga that is available for download that is stable enough to test in a tourney and where can I download it. Thanks in advance
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Hello Majd,

Well again that is hard to say but if I look at this list
at slightly longer time controls then Chris Formulas version
Toga II 1.4.1SE 4CPU 3010 +20 −20 53.3% −19.6 44.1% 746

is slightly better in rating than Thomas original beta5c

Toga II 1.4 beta5c 4CPU 2993 +18 −18 51.8% −12.8 45.7% 999

Downoad links are also kindly provided by the CCRL, great service guys!
Just click on the engine in the list to go to the page with detailed results for this version and there is a link: http://www.computerchess.info/downloads ... 1.4.1SE.7z

I'm not sure if any of the versions in the list have got the code for playing KBNK endgames yet, if I remember correctly playing KBNK did not work even with bitbases active, without the code. The code is incorporated in Teemu Pudas last version that I do not see yet in the CCRL lists here, the one that plays Chess960, and I published the code in the Computerchess Rybka subforum. It should hopefully be good for at least another whole elo-point or so if any slowdown is in acceptable limits.

Regards, Eelco
Last edited by Eelco de Groot on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

[quote="Ovyron"]Too many Togas :lol: , I haven't even had time to test the new versions that have been being released of Thinker properly ;)[/quote]

If this not enough, you have also grapefruit 1.0 b1j based on Toga II 1.4 beta5c. This is a sourceforce project.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

M ANSARI wrote:Hi Eelco ... what is the strongest multi core capable Toga that is available for download that is stable enough to test in a tourney and where can I download it. Thanks in advance
This is from my private rating list:

1_Rybka 2.3.2a MP 3032_272 games played

19_Toga II 1.4.1 SE 2839_248 games played
20_Toga II 3.1.2SE 2827_268 games played

These are the strongest two versions of toga Majd,the games were played at long time controls on a core 2 Duo 2.66 Mhz with 256 Mb Ram against a veriety of top engines....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:19_Toga II 1.4.1 SE 2839_248 games played
Oh, and I think it's worth the mention that these Togas have a distinct playing style, so having them both is recommendable (Don't be fooled by the name, if you have Fruit and Cyclone I suggest having these 2 Togas as well.)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Ovyron wrote:
Oh, and I think it's worth the mention that these Togas have a distinct playing style, so having them both is recommendable (Don't be fooled by the name, if you have Fruit and Cyclone I suggest having these 2 Togas as well.)
I Have them all baby :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
ArmyBridge

Post by ArmyBridge »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Ovyron wrote:
I Have them all baby :D
There are an other one, ChessMonster, I´ve test it the last weekend but dont look very strong :(