Cyclone MultiCPU support

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kranium

Cyclone MultiCPU support

Post by kranium »

There is an issue with Cyclone Multi CPU (when using more than 2 CPUs/cores). I'm working to resolve it, but in the meantime I have compiled multiple executables for 1, 2, 4, and 8 cpus.

They are available in the full package download at http://www.cyclonechess.com/

best regards-
Norm
jpqy

Re: Cyclone MultiCPU support

Post by jpqy »

They working great now!

JP.
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

Thank you for your engine, keep on working it. I have a question about the window size parameters. Under Arena 1.1 I can scroll it in oder to see all the boxes. With CB GUI, it is too big and I cannot see the bottom, even with a screen resolution of 1280x1024.
kranium

Post by kranium »

Philippe wrote:Thank you for your engine, keep on working it. I have a question about the window size parameters. Under Arena 1.1 I can scroll it in oder to see all the boxes. With CB GUI, it is too big and I cannot see the bottom, even with a screen resolution of 1280x1024.
Hi Etard,

many thanks for your feedback.
unfortunately, I do not have any other GUI other than Arena (and winboard) to test with.
I assumed that other UCI GUIs, CB, Shredder, Fritz, etc. worked in a similar fashion to Arena. the UCI option dialog used in Cyclone is the exact same format as fruit, toga, etc., and many other UCI engines.
my initial guess is that putting so many options in the configure dialog window has never been attempted, and some GUIs are simply unable to accomodate the amount of options via the window size. if this is the case, then for the programmers of these GUIs, it should be an easy fix. it really is a rather trivial modification to add 'scrolling' function to the window's style.
i don't have a definitive answer directly here, but i will take a close look at cyclone, to see if there's anything i can do on this end to address the issue.

best regards,
Norm