Ippolity and Shredder

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Ippolity and Shredder

Post by fern »

A guy given to suspicions has told to me in a private mail -member of another forum- that he consider not a mere coincidence that in the very moment when Shredder went to the market and got some very good critics as an engine near or even already in Rybka league, then this Ippolite thing appears and take all the discussions.
At least is truth that a good deal of Shredder discussion disappeared.

Adding an extra grain of salt, perhaps someone could think that a new way to flank and then kill new, competitive products, has been invented.

Who knows regards

Fern
slobo

Re: Ippolity and Shredder

Post by slobo »

fern wrote:A guy given to suspicions has told to me in a private mail -member of another forum- that he consider not a mere coincidence that in the very moment when Shredder went to the market and got some very good critics as an engine near or even already in Rybka league, then this Ippolite thing appears and take all the discussions.

Adding an extra grain of salt, perhaps someone could think that a new way to flank and then kill new, competitive products, has been invented.

Who knows regards

Fern
It would be one of three brand-new conspiracy theories I posted here few days ago.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

fern wrote:perhaps someone could think that a new way to flank and then kill new, competitive products, has been invented.

Who knows regards

Fern
Realistically though, you'd have to pretty dumb to either do that in this manner, or to believe that somebody in the field is dumb enough to try it.
If you had authored a strong new legal engine, one would think that you'd be proud to put your name to it for a start.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Edsel Apostol
Full name: Edsel Apostol

Post by Edsel Apostol »

slobo wrote:
fern wrote:A guy given to suspicions has told to me in a private mail -member of another forum- that he consider not a mere coincidence that in the very moment when Shredder went to the market and got some very good critics as an engine near or even already in Rybka league, then this Ippolite thing appears and take all the discussions.

Who knows regards

Fern
It would be one of three brand-new conspiracy theories I posted here few days ago.
I'm starting to believe that one of your conspiracy theory is true. I think that the one behind this is a genius. The end justifies the means.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Edsel Apostol wrote:
slobo wrote:

Who knows regards

Fern
I'm starting to believe that one of your conspiracy theory is true. I think that the one behind this is a genius. The end justifies the means.
If he is a genius, he is not very clever.

There is also the FACT theory.

We await the arrival of said genius and his entourage........

Ready.

Christopher
George Tsavdaris

Post by George Tsavdaris »

I think Stockfish 1.5 appeared after Shredder's 12 release. And because of its great strength has been the focus on most discussions.
So what you say can't be true.

Also if what you say it's true then someone must hate Shredder 12. I don't know why this can be possible.
I also don't understand why in this specific moment Ippolit appeared in CCC discussions, but on the other hand a moment is a moment and it had to appear some moment after all. :D

My question is whether in the Ippolte site the source code of Ippolite 0.080a appeared. If it appeared around the same time when discussions of CCC about Ippolit appeared, then i find everything logical. If it didn't then i can't understand what happened.
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

To be precise, Shredder was announced on his forum on 3 october.
In my archives, I have a Stockfish1.5_ja dated 4 october.
Faster than a lightning, i f you suppose a relation among them! :?
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

i oft times wonder

what % of the sales of any particular commerical engine is actually impacted by this forum?

those interested in CC enough to come here probably have already bought the product in the first place
how many buy a product because of the opinions expressed here and how many actually decline to buy one because of what is written here?

my guess would be a very small percentage

Steve