Last Round London Chess Classic, do not miss it!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Last Round London Chess Classic, do not miss it!

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Starts at 12.00 hours GMT, approximately two hours from now. Will Vladimir Kramnik catch up with Magnus? He is in good form but I feel Magnus was a bit unlucky in some of his games. He is the target to beat of course and Kramnik is not so much in the spotlight.

Screen-shot: the post-mortem of the game yesterday that brought Kramnik a bit closer to the leader, he beat Nigel Short, Jonathan Speelman and John Nunn visiting, visible behind Nigel Short. I would have liked to see them play in the tournament!

By the way, this is not the last tournament of the year as Robert Fontaine says in the Europe Echecs video, because the Groningen Open is still to come :)

Regards, Eelco

[Clickable]
AdminX

Re: Last Round London Chess Classic, do not miss it!

Post by AdminX »

I hope not, if he ever regains the top spot I fear he will fall ill again and stop playing every time a top match is near ...
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by playjunior »

Magnus was very lucky. Particularly against Adams. Overall, Kramnik has been playing better chess IMO.
dj

Post by dj »

playjunior wrote:Magnus was very lucky. Particularly against Adams. Overall, Kramnik has been playing better chess IMO.
Except in his very important game against Carlsen.

Btw this thread should be on CTF and not CCC.