I was Not a Software Pirate

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

michiguel

Re: I was Not a Software Pirate

Post by michiguel »

slobo wrote:
michiguel wrote:
bnemias wrote:
bnemias wrote:I was talking about end users copying DOS illegally, making it ubiquitous, resulting in ever more sales of DOS and eventually to the adoption of Windows.
Another way of making this point is the idea that the way to speed GNU/Linux adoption would be to improve the effectiveness of the WGA program so that Windows couldn't be pirated.

Here's an article that discusses in depth this idea. See near the end where it talks about "What can be done with this information?"
One of the reasons I hate piracy is because it slows down the development of genuine free alternatives.

Miguel
LOL!
Do you mean that developing of your engine is so slow because of piracy?
<sigh>

My engine is not free, it is closed source. My engine is a hobby or past time that is not intended to fill any niche let alone compete with any commercial alternative...

Of course I was talking about GNU/Linux vs. Windows as the text clearly shows.

In fact, you may even sympathize with the Linux movement vs. Windows, but you may like to troll better. Come on, you can do better than that!

Miguel
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

playjunior wrote:
michiguel wrote:
bnemias wrote:
bnemias wrote:I was talking about end users copying DOS illegally, making it ubiquitous, resulting in ever more sales of DOS and eventually to the adoption of Windows.
Another way of making this point is the idea that the way to speed GNU/Linux adoption would be to improve the effectiveness of the WGA program so that Windows couldn't be pirated.

Here's an article that discusses in depth this idea. See near the end where it talks about "What can be done with this information?"
One of the reasons I hate piracy is because it slows down the development of reverse engineered alternatives.

Miguel
FYP
What is your point?

Are you trying to hijack yet another thread?

Miguel
playjunior

Post by playjunior »

michiguel wrote:
playjunior wrote:
michiguel wrote:
bnemias wrote:

One of the reasons I hate piracy is because it slows down the development of reverse engineered alternatives.

Miguel
FYP
What is your point?

Miguel
It was a joke.

And, if you can, show one single thread which I have hijacked.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

playjunior wrote:
michiguel wrote:
playjunior wrote:
michiguel wrote:
bnemias wrote:

Miguel
FYP
What is your point?

Miguel
It was a joke.

And, if you can, show one single thread which I have hijacked.
You as in y'all. Unfortunately, the English language does not have a distinction between the second person singular and plural, except it the south of USA. I do not keep track of the hijackers, who are many. If it was a joke, that is ok. Sorry, I am getting annoyed to keep reading threads and see that constantly steered to always the same direction.

Miguel
kerostave

Post by kerostave »

Yes Kerostave, I know your community exists.

Oddly enough Azaad apologies here, yet is still a contributing member of the "new" Lionroad.

So much for the apology...

Peter
You know AZAAD never apologize, much less you.
Incidentally, I see your page kikrtech.com has very little activity, already deleted all chess BANNED internet sites? (obviously prohibited under your own discretion).
Happy New Year 2010 and .... chess pirate hunting? :)

Kero

PS: Please, can you create a different engine without modifying the source code of Crafty? Will be my christmas present :)
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

kerostave wrote: You know AZAAD never apologize, much less you.
Incidentally, I see your page kikrtech.com has very little activity, already deleted all chess BANNED internet sites? (obviously prohibited under your own discretion).
Happy New Year 2010 and .... chess pirate hunting? :)

Kero

PS: Please, can you create a different engine without modifying the source code of Crafty? Will be my christmas present :)
If you think kikrtech.com is a dead site, then so be it. Or did you actually think that was a real counter on the bottom of the page? Did you not notice it wasn't actually counting page views? It was on 41117 for _months_. I will have to change that to a 1x1px image. Since I let the cat out of the bag.

Do you not think I know where Lionroad has gone? Do you not think I have very good reasons for _not_ removing the thousands of links to pirated content? Or having borda.ru remove the site completely?

On the plus side, I am getting very good at translating russian :)

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
perejaslav

Post by perejaslav »

Peter Skinner wrote:
Do you not think I know where Lionroad has gone? Do you not think I have very good reasons for _not_ removing the thousands of links to pirated content? Or having borda.ru remove the site completely?

On the plus side, I am getting very good at translating russian :)

Peter
:lol:
I wish you good luck in this actions. Not removing so called «pirated» links is a great «work» by you, Peter!
How many stuff did you download from there? C'mon, be honest! :roll: