Chess fear........

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nimzovik

Chess fear........

Post by Nimzovik »

Yikes! I just had a depressing thought. I have been working on Larsen's opening (1.b3) since the 1970's. It is all on a couple of flash drives. The issue is this: I have something of a bum ticker. If I suddenly pop off one day..... Well think about it. The wife remarries and cleans house. "Oh we don't need these flash drives anymore...they are obsolete." Then off to the trash they go! :shock: :shock: :shock: Almost 40 years of labor just GONE! :shock: (she always did resent my hobby....... :twisted: ) Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .... Now I know why I caught her 'relocating' my nitroglycerin heart meds.
Marek Soszynski

Re: Chess fear........

Post by Marek Soszynski »

The thing to do, Alex, is to wipe those drives yourself right now. Okay, forty years of work gone, but at least you'll have extra storage space.
Marek Soszynski
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

:!: :?: :!: :?: I am not a masochist :!:
Bill Rogers

Post by Bill Rogers »

How about copying it to your hard drive and then making a little program called "My Will" and in it leave instructions on giving that file to a friend.
Bill
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Or write a computer virus that spreads your work all around the world! :D
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
Thomas Mayer

Post by Thomas Mayer »

Michael Sherwin wrote:Or write a computer virus that spreads your work all around the world! :D
Oh, you don't need a virus for that, just publish your research / thoughts / whatever in the web and it will be there forever, whatever you do... ;) once published, forever published !

Greets, Thomas
kingliveson

Post by kingliveson »

Nimzovik wrote:Yikes! I just had a depressing thought. I have been working on Larsen's opening (1.b3) since the 1970's. It is all on a couple of flash drives. The issue is this: I have something of a bum ticker. If I suddenly pop off one day..... Well think about it. The wife remarries and cleans house. "Oh we don't need these flash drives anymore...they are obsolete." Then off to the trash they go! :shock: :shock: :shock: Almost 40 years of labor just GONE! :shock: (she always did resent my hobby....... :twisted: ) Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .... Now I know why I caught her 'relocating' my nitroglycerin heart meds.

How 'bout this, encrypt these findings in a file and send them to me. Give someone you trust the key, and of course this person wont have access to the encrypted copy you sent me. So when the time comes, I can contact this person and get the key. Then I will publish your work and you will live forever, assuming you've discovered something.
Last edited by kingliveson on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fern

Post by fern »

You should simply kill her

Fern
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

fern wrote:You should simply kill her

Fern
:shock:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Nimzovik wrote:Yikes! I just had a depressing thought. I have been working on Larsen's opening (1.b3) since the 1970's. It is all on a couple of flash drives. The issue is this: I have something of a bum ticker. If I suddenly pop off one day..... Well think about it. The wife remarries and cleans house. "Oh we don't need these flash drives anymore...they are obsolete." Then off to the trash they go! :shock: :shock: :shock: Almost 40 years of labor just GONE! :shock: (she always did resent my hobby....... :twisted: ) Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .... Now I know why I caught her 'relocating' my nitroglycerin heart meds.

Not to worry ... 1. b3 loses in all variations so 40 years of work just confirms that :P