Goodbye Talkchess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Ji there Talkchess forum!

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

David Dahlem wrote:
Rolf wrote:
In my books someone who wasnt convicted by a judge - is innocent.
Innocent until proven guilty, right? :lol:
To be honest,I can't leave or sign off from the CCC forum....still it's the best place on earth for computer chess issues....

I will stay and I will register in the new forum....I'll read what interests me,ignore what doesn't,kick a butt here and there but will never leave....why to give some certain dark personalities such a pleasure :?:
If I am pain in the a$$ for some,so be it regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Kick someones butt here and there includes Rolf. Am I right ? :lol: :lol:
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
I'll read what interests me,ignore what doesn't,
That's what i've always done. :wink:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Damir wrote:Kick someones butt here and there includes Rolf. Am I right ? :lol: :lol:
Exclusively :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

David Dahlem wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
I'll read what interests me,ignore what doesn't,
That's what i've always done. :wink:
Pure wisdom in action :D
bob

Post by bob »

Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: As far as this "personal attack against Vas" you keep mentioning, my only comment deals with his ethics (or lack thereof) with regard to copying code from Fruit and then denying that this happened, completely. He'd have fared much better in "the court of public opinion" had he simply said "I started with the fruit source, but have modified it heavily and today little if any of that code remains." We didn't get that kind of honesty however. We got "silence".
Let's not pretend that you or we all or you and C.Theron had the authorization for a public court. In my books someone who wasnt convicted by a judge - is innocent. Never heard that you were a judge or anything near to that. For me Vas is a pure gentleman. And I recall that Vas and Fabien were together in Reykjavik. So, gentleman, plus the talks on Island is sufficient for me that everything was kosher between these two strong programmers. The strongest of the new century.

The rest is envie and character defamation. What you see as proof against Vas - that he doesnt speak - is for me just a typical style of a real gentleman. We should call him back!
I'm not a judge. But I am certainly "technically competent" in computer science and computer chess. And the evidence is convincing to those that are competent.
bob

Post by bob »

Albert Silver wrote:
bob wrote:I'll say this again, "Bob doesn't support the Ippo* development". I do not know what the thing is, nor where it came from.
It comes from a neverending stream of posts of yours that contain statements such as:

"I am completely unconcerned about the reverse-engineering that has been done. Seems like a fair way to "even the playing field" by forcing a secretive author to expose secrets he has desparately tried to hide by obfuscation of this PV, depth and node counter displays. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this at all. It isn't my concern..."
And that has exactly what to do with my _SUPPORTING_ Ippo*?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

bob wrote:
Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: As far as this "personal attack against Vas" you keep mentioning, my only comment deals with his ethics (or lack thereof) with regard to copying code from Fruit and then denying that this happened, completely. He'd have fared much better in "the court of public opinion" had he simply said "I started with the fruit source, but have modified it heavily and today little if any of that code remains." We didn't get that kind of honesty however. We got "silence".
Let's not pretend that you or we all or you and C.Theron had the authorization for a public court. In my books someone who wasnt convicted by a judge - is innocent. Never heard that you were a judge or anything near to that. For me Vas is a pure gentleman. And I recall that Vas and Fabien were together in Reykjavik. So, gentleman, plus the talks on Island is sufficient for me that everything was kosher between these two strong programmers. The strongest of the new century.

The rest is envie and character defamation. What you see as proof against Vas - that he doesnt speak - is for me just a typical style of a real gentleman. We should call him back!
I'm not a judge. But I am certainly "technically competent" in computer science and computer chess. And the evidence is convincing to those that are competent.
No one doubts this simple fact Bob and if he does,he's either a liar or a moron or a combination of both....
Cheers,
Dr.D
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

bob wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
bob wrote:I'll say this again, "Bob doesn't support the Ippo* development". I do not know what the thing is, nor where it came from.
It comes from a neverending stream of posts of yours that contain statements such as:

"I am completely unconcerned about the reverse-engineering that has been done. Seems like a fair way to "even the playing field" by forcing a secretive author to expose secrets he has desparately tried to hide by obfuscation of this PV, depth and node counter displays. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this at all. It isn't my concern..."
Your vision on this issue is remarkably cloudy.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

bob wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

If you declared it a fair way to even the playing field, that is supportive of it.

fair 1 (fâr)
adj. fair·er, fair·est

Consistent with rules, logic, or ethics.
Last edited by Albert Silver on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."