Rybka 4 vs Houdini 1.02 - Long TC Match - LIVE BROADCAST

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pacifist

Re: the next match

Post by pacifist »

So Rybka wins the match :). I think Rybka will have troubles here in game 47 though. I prefer Houdini's evaluation here after move 13. Let's see what happens :)
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

OK then, OK then, so whilst it's not conclusive proof which is higher elo, it looks like Rybka is a little stronger between the 2 vs each other. Maybe 300 games would show differently.

But soon it will be Houdini 1.03. That might do the trick.

Any other strong engines on plan?
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

S.Taylor wrote:OK then, OK then, so whilst it's not conclusive proof which is higher elo, it looks like Rybka is a little stronger between the 2 vs each other. Maybe 300 games would show differently.

But soon it will be Houdini 1.03. That might do the trick.

Any other strong engines on plan?
Yes, the last game is going on now and the evaluations are about equal.

According to my poll here: http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35275 the next match will be R4 vs SF 1.8.

But first I will run a few Hiarcs CCRL games.

This next match should start around the weekend I guess, maybe sooner depending on how much time Hiarcs gauntlet will take.
Martin Thoresen

I forgot to mention that I will keep the current 48 game format for the next match between R4 and SF 1.8.

The same openings will be used as in this match.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Martin Thoresen wrote:I forgot to mention that I will keep the current 48 game format for the next match between R4 and SF 1.8.

The same openings will be used as in this match.
If you don't think that SF 1.8 is stronger than Houdini 1.2, then we might only be seeing a masacre of it.
This might be interesting to some people, depending on what they are trying to find out.
But maybe we can decide if either Houdini 1.3 or SF 1.8 is clearly stronger, annd then take THAT to Rybka 4?
Martin Thoresen

S.Taylor wrote: If you don't think that SF 1.8 is stronger than Houdini 1.2, then we might only be seeing a masacre of it.
This might be interesting to some people, depending on what they are trying to find out.
But maybe we can decide if either Houdini 1.3 or SF 1.8 is clearly stronger, annd then take THAT to Rybka 4?
For strength, use the rating lists.

For entertainment, please follow my matches. :lol:
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

What I'm talking about, is a part of the entertainment, for me.

(May i add, that when i watch high-level games in progress, withOUT an accompanying chess engine, only my own mind, then i think this is very good for chess thinking and improvement. It also draws enthusiasm and is more exciting, if you are hoping for one side to win, and must feel like you're stepping back if it doesn't. It's like YOU playing the games).

[And thanks very much for the games!]
Last edited by S.Taylor on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pacifist

Post by pacifist »

I am sure Stockfish will oppose very good resistance and play many nice games and maybe on 48 games he can hope to win too :). Thanks for sharing those games ;)
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

I think the end games are played very stupidly. Rybka had an easy win, with rook exchanges, but chose a longer path.
pacifist

Post by pacifist »

Yes, now Houdini escapes as his name suggests :) Thanks Mrs Houdart ;)