Site problems

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Bill Rogers

Site problems

Post by Bill Rogers »

What is going on with this site. In the past once I clicked on and read a post the flag would change colors indictating it had been read. Now nothing seems to change at all. Not only that but I have not seen any new post here for two days now. Is something wrong with the site?
Would someone please acknowledge this post so at least I know it is getting through to aomeone.
Thanks
Bill
Roger Brown

Re: Site problems

Post by Roger Brown »

Bill Rogers wrote:What is going on with this site. In the past once I clicked on and read a post the flag would change colors indictating it had been read. Now nothing seems to change at all. Not only that but I have not seen any new post here for two days now. Is something wrong with the site?
Would someone please acknowledge this post so at least I know it is getting through to aomeone.
Thanks
Bill

Hello Bill Rogers,

I am looking at several posts with today's date.

Perhaps a browser cache issue?

Later.
UncombedCoconut

Re: Site problems

Post by UncombedCoconut »

It could be that you're using the "log in" button to log in. It seemed logical to me too. However, you must instead try to access a member-only part of the site (e.g. via the "profile" link) -- otherwise you risk being asked to log in twice, and then getting an empty list for "posts since last visit".

It would be nice if this bug could get fixed.