No messages to Engine Origins in the last month

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jouni

No messages to Engine Origins in the last month

Post by Jouni »

So is the origin of Ippolit family engines cleared now? What was the result?

Jouni
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: No messages to Engine Origins in the last month

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Jouni wrote:So is the origin of Ippolit family engines cleared now? What was the result?

Jouni
Still pending and will stay this way forever I assume....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
bob

Post by bob »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Jouni wrote:So is the origin of Ippolit family engines cleared now? What was the result?

Jouni
Unless someone is willing to spend an enormous amount of time trying to answer the question. Seems unlikely. As as time marches on, the question becomes less and less important, unless someone wants to enter ip* or family in a tournament, which would force the issue.

Interesting question: Rybka and ip* enter a tournament. Who would file the complaint? The only person that could prove the issue is Vas. What if he refuses, as he has in the past? Only one can play. Which one?

filed under "things that make you go hmmm..."
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

bob wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Jouni
Unless someone is willing to spend an enormous amount of time trying to answer the question. Seems unlikely. As as time marches on, the question becomes less and less important, unless someone wants to enter ip* or family in a tournament, which would force the issue.

Interesting question: Rybka and ip* enter a tournament. Who would file the complaint? The only person that could prove the issue is Vas. What if he refuses, as he has in the past? Only one can play. Which one?

filed under "things that make you go hmmm..."
I can't agree more Bob....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Jouni
If you had posted this message in the origin subforum, the issue of not having posts in that subforum would have been fixed :-)

Miguel
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

michiguel wrote:
If you had posted this message in the origin subforum, the issue of not having posts in that subforum would have been fixed :-)

Miguel

Hello Miguel,

ROTFL!

Later.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Bob,

yes!

I think the topic is over.
No proves after one year ...

For myself Rybka have the same status as the IPP family.
Not more not less.

Best
Frank
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

michiguel wrote:

Jouni

Miguel
:lol:

Though, if he had posted it in engine origins, there would have been a new post, in which case this post would be a lie.... :P

Peter
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Bob,

yes!

I think the topic is over.
No proves after one year ...

For myself Rybka have the same status as the IPP family.
Not more not less.

Best
Frank
Hi Frank,
Absolutely correct my friend....thank you for your independant opinion :D
Dr.D
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

alpha123 wrote:
michiguel wrote:

Jouni

Miguel
:lol:

Though, if he had posted it in engine origins, there would have been a new post, in which case this post would be a lie.... :P

Peter
Wouldn't that make it on topic for that forum? ;-)

Miguel