New Version: Kurt 0.9.2 beta

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
OliverUwira
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 am
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Contact:

Re: New Version: Kurt 0.9.2 beta

Post by OliverUwira » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:57 am

Jim Ablett wrote: That fixes it! :)
Jim.
I thought so...

Well, I'll replace all strncmp() uses by strcmp(). Even though the mantra goes "Thou shalt use strncmp() for it is safer than strcmp()!".

Unfortunately it is not safer if you test for "moves" before "movestogo"...

:shock:

Maybe if(!strncmp(cmd, uci

Code: Select all

, strlen(cmd))) would also help. We'll see tonight.

User avatar
OliverUwira
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 am
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Contact:

Re: New Version: Kurt 0.9.2 beta

Post by OliverUwira » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:19 pm

OliverUwira wrote: Maybe if(!strncmp(cmd, uci

Code: Select all

, strlen(cmd))) would also help.[/quote]

It did. Corrected version uploaded. This time, the x64 binary is statically linked, too. :oops: 

[url]http://home.arcor.de/steve-o13/kurt/kurt_0_9_2_beta_update.zip[/url] 

Many thanks to all of you for the feedback. I shouldn't have rushed releasing before I went to that tourney (see OP).

User avatar
Jim Ablett
Posts: 1327
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:56 am
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: New Version: Kurt 0.9.2 beta

Post by Jim Ablett » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Kurt 0.9.2 beta JA builds - Windows/Linux 64/32 bit pgo compiles.
Also added a few small changes/snippets to the src code so it can compile under Linux.

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5047625/kurt-092-beta-ja.zip
Mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j553jurlz99y0jm

Jim.

User avatar
OliverUwira
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 am
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Contact:

Re: New Version: Kurt 0.9.2 beta

Post by OliverUwira » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Jim Ablett wrote: Also added a few small changes/snippets to the src code so it can compile under Linux.
Nice, that was on my to-do list, work saved now, many thanks.

Also, another problem turned up, as my "fix" created problems with the other commands - ponderhit and ponder got confused.

So I simply made it strcmp everywhere in the protocol handling...

http://home.arcor.de/steve-o13/kurt/kur ... update.zip

I'm now going to start on the reading of PGNs for Winboard tournaments and evaluation rewrite and tuning, both of which will become a new version.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 33541
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: New Version: Kurt 0.9.2 beta

Post by Graham Banks » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:26 pm

OliverUwira wrote:
Jim Ablett wrote: Also added a few small changes/snippets to the src code so it can compile under Linux.
Nice, that was on my to-do list, work saved now, many thanks.

Also, another problem turned up, as my "fix" created problems with the other commands - ponderhit and ponder got confused.

So I simply made it strcmp everywhere in the protocol handling...

http://home.arcor.de/steve-o13/kurt/kur ... update.zip

I'm now going to start on the reading of PGNs for Winboard tournaments and evaluation rewrite and tuning, both of which will become a new version.
Hi Oliver,

for some reason that link doesn't work here?

Cheers,
Graham.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

User avatar
OliverUwira
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 am
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Contact:

Re: New Version: Kurt 0.9.2 beta

Post by OliverUwira » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:47 am

Sorry, a typo - the "beta" was missing:

http://home.arcor.de/steve-o13/kurt/kur ... update.zip

Post Reply