Houdini 1.5 is released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Houdini

Houdini 1.5 is released

Post by Houdini »

The new Houdini 1.5 is available.

Main features are improved evaluation and search (by about 35 Elo), and Gaviota EGTB support.
Detailed information and download can be found at http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm .

I've created a mailbox for problem reports, suggestions or requests, you'll find the address on the web page.
If you enjoy Houdini, feel free to donate to the development of Houdini. Donations will be used for purchasing hardware to improve the testing of Houdini and will contribute directly to future versions.

Cheers,
Robert
Werewolf

Re: Houdini 1.5 is released

Post by Werewolf »

Looking forward to testing this - thanks!
beram

Post by beram »

Houdini wrote:The new Houdini 1.5 is available.

Main features are improved evaluation and search (by about 35 Elo), and Gaviota EGTB support.
Detailed information and download can be found at http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm .

I've created a mailbox for problem reports, suggestions or requests, you'll find the address on the web page.
If you enjoy Houdini, feel free to donate to the development of Houdini. Donations will be used for purchasing hardware to improve the testing of Houdini and will contribute directly to future versions.

Cheers,
Robert
Greet News Robert, than I tried to visit the website but couldn't connect there seems to be a problem ?!?

grts Bram
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

beram wrote:Greet News Robert, than I tried to visit the website but couldn't connect there seems to be a problem ?!?

grts Bram
The web server seems to be overloaded, sorry for the inconvenience.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Houdini wrote:
beram wrote:Greet News Robert, than I tried to visit the website but couldn't connect there seems to be a problem ?!?

grts Bram
The web server seems to be overloaded, sorry for the inconvenience.
At least you know that people are interested.
;-)
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

right on time! :) anyone lucky enough to get in have a copy & be willing to upload to a free online server?
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Right on time as promised, that's what I like. You're my kind of man Robert :wink: . Unlike the capitalists who keep promising to release a bug free engine but fail every time ( lies and delay+ not true to their word with more excuses ) ...
It is nice to see there are some people who are true to their word.
PS: I can not go to your site, it seems unavailable. Can you please post another download link ?
Kind Regards
Damir
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Sorry forgot to say, many thanks for the new update.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Houdini wrote:The new Houdini 1.5 is available.

Cheers,
Robert

Thanks alot Robert!
perejaslav

Post by perejaslav »

you can download the new Houdini on 'immortal' forum :oops: