Chessbase Sleaze

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nimzovik

Chessbase Sleaze

Post by Nimzovik »

OK. I buy 'Fritz Chess Twelfth Edition' from Viva Media. Advertised on the cover of the box is Exclusive Bonus Includes Playchess.com membership. The program on cursory inspection is apparantly the Fritz 12 program. One would be hard pressed to find any difference as far as I can tell. Perhaps in even more fine print some where it indicates it is not. I do not have a microscope so I can not tell. Also note that on the cover of the box is IMHO microscopic print it says see details inside on cover as well. Of course one must buy the product before one can see said details inside! Membership is for 3 months. OK. No problem there. I buy 12 month extension on line. I install the program. All is as advertised. However I can not update the gui of the playchess server program! :shock: Even tho on the Gui itself it has update box dialogue. I consult with chessbase and discover that apparantly as I did not buy from them the Fritz 12 program from them I can not update the Gui!! I would at least think that since the Playchess server is offered that playchess server updates would be available as well! Does that sound unreasonable? I should definitely think not IMHO. Especially as I purchased from chessbase the 12 month extension for the server! This in IMHO is pure sleaze. I would like to see all the world chant sleaze! Sleaze! Sleaze!

Gee! Why do I feel I have been manipulated?

Shout it loud and shout it proud! Sleaze! sleaze! sleaze!

Cheesy Sleaze!

The above is just IMHO of course......
Nimzovik

Re: Chessbase Sleaze

Post by Nimzovik »

Yah!! What he said!! 8-)
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Apparantly a lot of people fell for this #$@%^ stuff. See here:
http://www.chessforums.org/chess-softwa ... stall.html
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Have you tried to manually update it instead of using the button on the GUI? I personally think that is a better way as you have more updated versions that is usually available with the button.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Nimzovik wrote:Apparantly a lot of people fell for this #$@%^ stuff. See here:
http://www.chessforums.org/chess-softwa ... stall.html
The link describes a completely different problem. Furthermore, I offered to help you and you refused to reply.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Albert: Actually -does it? It seems to me they have the same issue. Some at least.

That aside, check your box. I did not realize you sent me a message. Sorry about that. :oops:
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

M ANSARI wrote:Have you tried to manually update it instead of using the button on the GUI? I personally think that is a better way as you have more updated versions that is usually available with the button.
Yah I tried that. However was not sure of the process. Will keep at it. Thanks for your reply.
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

However--- Let's face it shall we? Things should never be this difficult!
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Nimzovik wrote:However--- Let's face it shall we? Things should never be this difficult!
I suppose I should ask what the update is for. I have the MP edition, but have never updated it, nor tried. What exactly does the update fix or improve?
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

It is for the Playchess server if I am correct. What it exactly repairs or implements I have no exact idea.