Chessbase Sleaze

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Albert Silver

Re: Chessbase Sleaze

Post by Albert Silver »

Nimzovik wrote:It is for the Playchess server if I am correct. What it exactly repairs or implements I have no exact idea.
Then I don't understand what it is you are going berzerk over. As I said, I never updated it, and use it without any issues. No strange crashes, and no problems. I can play in tournaments, watch multiple games at the same time, use an engine to comment the games I am watching, etc etc.

I presumed that this giant complaint was due to problems/crashes you were having with the software (apparently you are having none) that you expected fixed. Instead the software apparently works exactly as it should and provides all the promised features, but somehow you still feel the need to start a thread complaining about the lack of fixes for problems you don't have.

That is what I call complaining for the sake of complaining.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Puh - Leaze! I do have issues with background colors and as I have said in another thread the clocks disappeared once when playing blitz. Is this the Gui 's fault? Frustrating. I do reitertate however I still do not know what the patch fixes. I can only hope it fixes what I discussed.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Nimzovik wrote:Puh - Leaze! I do have issues with background colors and as I have said in another thread the clocks disappeared once when playing blitz. Is this the Gui 's fault? Frustrating. I do reitertate however I still do not know what the patch fixes. I can only hope it fixes what I discussed.
Why don't you buy from ChessBase instead of cheap counterparts. You buy crap, you get crap.
Terry McCracken
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Terry -The issue is the playchess server. It was advertised on the box for three months worth. The chessbase server -'Playchess.com'- altho purchased via Viva Media and I would think granted license to sell by chessbase itself- is then (your adjective here) yes? :roll: Note also I purchased a years worth of extension. I still apprantly am not allowed to use their very own update mechanism on the program to update the server as per communications x2 with Chessbase via E-mail. Essentially the update mechanism on the program is quite bogus and cosmetic only as far as I can tell IMHO. :roll:
Gee! How swell is that? Zippity do dah. Groovy. Joyous. Thrilling. Satisfying. I now know I can rely on stellar 'good feeling deals' behavior on the part of this company. I realize I paid less for the program than I would have if I bought directly from Chessbase. Is this not the way such things go? After time passess things get cheaper yes? Fritz 10 is now cheaper than when it first came out right? Friz 12 (twelfth?) has been out for a while now yes? I especially love the line on the box that says "The ultimate Chess Experience" and "From the Makers of the World's #1 Ranked Chess Game" Heh heh. Clever. Very clever - for sleaze.

I am sorry Albert - do I protest too much?
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Hmmmmmmm... Over 1900 'views' of this post. I wonder how many have had said issues I have described? Hmmmmmm........
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Nimzovik wrote:Hmmmmmmm... Over 1900 'views' of this post. I wonder how many have had said issues I have described? Hmmmmmm........
Not me! I bought the viva media version of Fritz 10 and love it!
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Interesting...... Can you update it? Perhaps I should say could you update it as it is Fritz 10?