Dr. Deeb was right

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

notyetagm

Dr. Deeb was right

Post by notyetagm »

Overview

The Rybka Cluster is a high-performance supercomputer located in Minden/Westfalen, Germany. Combining software and hardware engineering, the Rybka Cluster features exclusive Rybka versions not available to the public running on customized hardware built with the specific goal of providing top Rybka performance at an affordable price.
The real Rybka 4 has finally made its appearance, on the cluster, just like Dr. Deeb said.

Us suckers paid top dollar for the Rybka 3.1 which was supposed to be a free upgrade.

Never again.

Long live Houdini and Stockfish!
Nimzovik

Re: Dr. Deeb was right

Post by Nimzovik »

Yah....... Distasteful this Rybka thing is.....

Deeb did Indeeb call it.
gerold

Post by gerold »

SzG wrote:
Nimzovik wrote:Yah....... Distasteful this Rybka thing is.....

Deeb did Indeeb call it.
40/40 CCRL list shows a 42 Elo improvement over R3. At the Rybka forum it was shown that a further 60 Elos can be achieved by tuning parameters. The sum is more than 100.
Is that few for you? Which professional engine author can boast of such improvement between two releases?
I agree with the 42 ELO improvement over R3. However i have tried the R4 tuning and they test about 15-20 elo less than the standard
settings vs. H-1.5.

H-1.5 has improved 60-65 ELO over H-1.3. in my 5/3 TC testing.

Best,
Gerold.

P.S. I don't believe Vas has cheaped anyone on improvment
of Rybka. I don't think he has been able to improve it .
The one they will test in the cluster may not be any improvment.
It may just run on better hardware with deeper search making for
a stronger engine. That is yet to be proven.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

SzG wrote:

Deeb did Indeeb call it.
40/40 CCRL list shows a 42 Elo improvement over R3. At the Rybka forum it was shown that a further 60 Elos can be achieved by tuning parameters. The sum is more than 100.
Is that few for you? Which professional engine author can boast of such improvement between two releases?
I think that you cannot trust results in the rybka forum.

The only rating list(SWCR rating list) that include different setting for rybka4 than the default have only 20 elo or 21 elo improvement for different setting of rybka4 so I guess that the difference is only near 62 elo.

2 Rybka 4 x64 Exp. 61 2960 21 21 1000 78% 2743 27% NEW + 21 to Rybka 4 default
- Rybka 4 x64 Exp. 42 2959 23 22 900 78% 2729 26% NEW + 20 to Rybka 4 default
- Rybka 4 x64 2939 17 17 1520 80% 2700 29%
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

SzG wrote:

Deeb did Indeeb call it.
Hi Gabor,
Dare I ask where did you pull these 60 Elo point from when playing with the parameters :!: :?:
From all I read and followed through the magic world of computer chess,it was a 12-15 improvement if any....

:shock:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

notyetagm wrote:
Overview

The Rybka Cluster is a high-performance supercomputer located in Minden/Westfalen, Germany. Combining software and hardware engineering, the Rybka Cluster features exclusive Rybka versions not available to the public running on customized hardware built with the specific goal of providing top Rybka performance at an affordable price.
The real Rybka 4 has finally made its appearance, on the cluster, just like Dr. Deeb said.

Us suckers paid top dollar for the Rybka 3.1 which was supposed to be a free upgrade.

Never again.

Long live Houdini and Stockfish!
I saw it before it even hit me and you're right,the real Rybka 4 is living over the cluster pending for richy customers to hook up....

BTW,the 150-200 Elo claims of the cluster Rybka is simply an unashamed speculation that can't be proved as we can't test cluster Rybka in our basements....the Rybka team has mastered an amazing skills in decieving his customers using an advanced network of loyal fanboys and false advertisement approaches....
Don't believe them regards,
Dr.D
Last edited by Dr.Wael Deeb on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
notyetagm

Post by notyetagm »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

I saw it before it even hit me and you're right,the real Rybka 4 is living over the cluster pending for richy customers to hook up....
I could not find the link to your exact comment, Dr. Deeb, but I remember it well:

"The real Rybka 4 is on Vas' goddamn cluster. Go and rent it from him."

:-)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

notyetagm wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

I could not find the link to your exact comment, Dr. Deeb, but I remember it well:

An amazing memory you have indeed....I am impressed because this is literaly what I said :D
Cheers,
Dr.D
notyetagm

Post by notyetagm »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
notyetagm wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

An amazing memory you have indeed....I am impressed because this is literaly what I said :D
Cheers,
Dr.D
It was a great, memorable quote that proved to be quite correct, Dr. Deeb. :-)
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

SzG wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: Hi Gabor,
Dare I ask where did you pull these 60 Elo point from when playing with the parameters :!: :?:
Hi Wael,

In another thread this link was provided:

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=18686
I think you are being redundant, it now becomes a common English word, Rybka = strongest chess engine, and the only one capable of making unknown chess moves. Other engines are using some techniques to deceive the public either by their Rybka origin or by incapacity of making new moves.

There was a question here about Houdini, if it makes some decent new moves. Soon Stockfish will be doubted. Rybka brand becomes almost like Coca-Cola or Gillette, in a glass of water Ocean.

Kai