ChessBase..

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Michael Diosi

ChessBase..

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

yes again. If you have or had any problems on the server and made a screenshot on how any of the sysops behaved, please send it to us. I am preparing an article on the Arena page. I have already about 50 screenshots on how people are treated there but I would like even more. This will be fun...

Please take a look at your profile too, it is amazing how within minutes after posting anything here your "appreciation" over there changes, I have several screenshots of this too.

Also I do have some screenshots of people using the so called "illegal" engines but were not abnned because they are the "buddies", the "Quasimodi" of the sysops (or maybe the other way around ?)

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Sean Evans

Re: ChessBase..

Post by Sean Evans »

Hi, no screenshots but I did complain by email to Chessbase. What they did was forward my complaints to the moderator in question at Playchess! Like that is going to do anything! I no longer play chess at Playchess I play at ICC and have never had one problem at ICC, the problems at Playchess with the administrators are chronic!

Chessbase advises me that their administrators are great guys and they never get complaints about them! Yeah right!!

Please post the article link here when done, so I can read it.

Thank you,

Sean
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Interesting......
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Very good initiative!!!
Thank you.
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
SchachProfi

Post by SchachProfi »

Thanks for the information Michael.

Doesn't surprise me too much, thats why i'm forever-guest there and prefer playing ICC. Guess guys like Harvey would have made a great career in any right- or left-radical regime...

Just have a look what all is send to them when you login there... specific informations about your computer (haha, in my case just the lame VM, sorry Harvey) and a lot more...

Alex
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

:lol:
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Is it for this month or next?
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

Well there will be an Arena update soon, language files as well as other parts are beeing updated also. I have limited time and this time will get even less in the near future as me and my gf...

I had to give up the idea of making a special overview page for several electronic boards (despite DGT and Citrine) which work with third party adapters within Arena because I got no support. But this ChessBase article is definetly something I will do. Don't have a time shedule however.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Do you know what I hate more than someone uselessly bashing a product? Someone with a competing product uselessly bashing said product.

If you don't like Chessbase/PlayChess, then have nothing to do with them. Posting crap every time you spot a bug or find something you don't like about them is childish.

Or are you still upset that x number of users download Arena yet only a small percentage submit bug reports, yet most come here to complain that this or that doesn't work in your product?

There have been bugs in Arena for years, yet do you see people posting utter crap on this forum each and every time they find one? No? How surprising...

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
George Tsavdaris

Post by George Tsavdaris »

Peter Skinner wrote:Do you know what I hate more than someone uselessly bashing a product? Someone with a competing product uselessly bashing said product.

If you don't like Chessbase/PlayChess, then have nothing to do with them. Posting crap every time you spot a bug or find something you don't like about them is childish.

Or are you still upset that x number of users download Arena yet only a small percentage submit bug reports, yet most come here to complain that this or that doesn't work in your product?

There have been bugs in Arena for years, yet do you see people posting utter crap on this forum each and every time they find one? No? How surprising...
Agreed in everything you said.

I wonder. I have spotted him in other posts also having a certain kind of hate against Chessbase.

Before we register we agree to this:

"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws."

If his posts are not hateful towards Chessbase, then i don't know the meaning of the word hateful.

We also agree to follow the charter that says among other:

2. Are not abusive in nature
4. Are not flagrant commercial exhortations
5. Are not of questionable legal status.

Are his posts abusive towards Chessbase or not?
Are his posts slanderous and always have a defamatory tone against Chessbase?
Is slandering legal?

Yes posting bugs about Chessbase products is very much welcome and perfectly acceptable!

But is the continuous spam about how bad Chessbase is and calling people to post bad behavior of Playchess people etc in order to make an article, normal, sane behavior? And inside the charter most importantly? :D
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....