Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

De Vos W

Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by De Vos W »

Bashing the "Rybka Cluster" ...this is a nice one from our friend "Harvey Williamson"

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 20058;pg=4

By Harvey Williamson Date 2011-01-07 14:32
Some people will surely see that a bug fix was promised for R3 and did not happen. A bug fix was promised for R4 and has not
happened in a timely fashion. Although there is an obligation on any developer to supply a free fix for major bugs to customers. Why
should any customer believe a Cluster bug will be fixed?

By Felix Kling Date 2011-01-08 01:59 Harvey, what are you talking about? Bugs in the cluster Rybka are easy to fix, there's no problem with distribution and so on.
Of course the Hiarcs team can't fix bugs in their cluster software, since there is no :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Bashing the "Rybka Cluster"

Post by zullil »

You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

zullil wrote:You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Is there a law forbidding copying posts from the Rybka forum showing Vasik the biggest commercial chess programmer liar of all times :!: :?:

I guess the answer is NO
Try to accept the reality whether you like it or not regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
zullil

Post by zullil »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
zullil wrote:You seem totally obsessed with Rybka. Why are you copying posts from the Rybka forum here?
Is there a law forbidding copying posts from the Rybka forum showing Vasik the biggest commercial chess programmer liar of all times :!: :?:

I guess the answer is NO
Dr.D
What is this mania about Rybka and its creator? I don't care about Rybka. I have never used Rybka. If I want to read posts on the Rybka forums, I can go to the Rybka forums.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

This post is no longer on the Rybka forum. It has been deleted, so you can not read it, even if you wanted to.... I will give you a hint who might have done it. It starts with VR&FK. Do you know who it is ?
George Tsavdaris

Post by George Tsavdaris »

De Vos W wrote:Bashing the "Rybka Cluster" ...this is a nice one from our friend "Harvey Williamson"

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 20058;pg=4

By Harvey Williamson Date 2011-01-07 14:32
Some people will surely see that a bug fix was promised for R3 and did not happen. A bug fix was promised for R4 and has not
happened in a timely fashion. Although there is an obligation on any developer to supply a free fix for major bugs to customers. Why
should any customer believe a Cluster bug will be fixed?

By Felix Kling Date 2011-01-08 01:59 Harvey, what are you talking about? Bugs in the cluster Rybka are easy to fix, there's no problem with distribution and so on.
Of course the Hiarcs team can't fix bugs in their cluster software, since there is no :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Interesting topic by you. AGAIN!
Its subject Rybka.

So what the hell is your point with all these?
A conversation between Harvey and Felix on another forum?
And you made that a topic here?
With what purpose?
What kind of interest for us is this?

I tried to report the topic but someone else has done this before me.

I wonder for how much longer you would be allowed to post topics that will close or posts that would be deleted, before you are forced to say goodbye.

I mean didn't moderators get already bored of deleting posts of you or dealing with reports about your posts? Fine by me if they have some much patience. :roll:
Last edited by George Tsavdaris on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

zullil wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

I guess the answer is NO
Dr.D
What is this mania about Rybka and its creator? I don't care about Rybka. I have never used Rybka. If I want to read posts on the Rybka forums, I can go to the Rybka forums.
You have no standing in the matter, you were not one of the 1000's of people to get ripped off. So I understand why you don't care, but other people here do care.
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

Wrong! . . It's still there:

zullil

Post by zullil »

mwyoung wrote: but other people here do care.
OK.

But what does the original post offer such people (who must already know they purchased buggy software that hasn't been patched)? Do they gain something by reading that HW agrees with them?

This "consumer complaint" issue has become a conspiratorial mania for some. It really seems like a psychiatric ailment.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

zullil wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

I guess the answer is NO
Dr.D
Absolutely. Some people here have not concept of respect and think it is ok to continuously spam this forum with crap.

Miguel