Houdini 1.5 is released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Osipov Jury

Re: Houdini 1.5 is released

Post by Osipov Jury »

Michael Sherwin wrote: Who is this Osipov character? Is he the author of Strelka? When he was first known we only heard of him second hand and then only through translation from Russian that was very hard to understand. His first name has had three different spellings; Yuri, Jury and Juri. When he appeared here for the first time his English was very rough. Then nothing for awhile. Then when the Ipp* controversy started up he rejoined with nearly perfect English. At first he was in opposition to Vas and now he is a Vas supporter. What gives with citing him as a source? Does anyone know for sure that he is whom he says he is?
Many thanks for personal attack. :D

I am the same way as any person can change. My English is gradually getting better (thanks to this forum and Google translator).
My attitude to Vas is also changing. Previously we allmost became friends, then became enemies, relations today are indifferent. What's strange?
I went through the Rybka code forwards and backwards and took many things.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Osipov Jury wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote: Who is this Osipov character? Is he the author of Strelka? When he was first known we only heard of him second hand and then only through translation from Russian that was very hard to understand. His first name has had three different spellings; Yuri, Jury and Juri. When he appeared here for the first time his English was very rough. Then nothing for awhile. Then when the Ipp* controversy started up he rejoined with nearly perfect English. At first he was in opposition to Vas and now he is a Vas supporter. What gives with citing him as a source? Does anyone know for sure that he is whom he says he is?

I am the same way as any person can change. My English is gradually getting better (thanks to this forum and Google translator).
My attitude to Vas is also changing. Previously we allmost became friends, then became enemies, relations today are indifferent. What's strange?
Michael is absolutely right about your unbelievable english improvement in a narrow scope of time....
If you're that good,try chineese for the sack of variety :P
Just pulling your legs regards,
Dr.D

:wink:
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Mincho Georgiev

Post by Mincho Georgiev »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Osipov Jury wrote:

Michael is absolutely right about your unbelievable english improvement in a narrow scope of time....
Dr.D

Dr.D
The Slavic Languages are developing skills like no others, Doc. You should know that :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Mincho Georgiev wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Osipov Jury wrote:

Dr.D

Dr.D
The Slavic Languages are developing skills like no others, Doc. You should know that :lol:
I know Mincho and you know that I know :wink:
Da zhivee svobodata na slovoto :P ,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
pliny

Post by pliny »

i downloaded HOUDINI 1.5 - clicked on it twice - started to install - and
stopped at about 80% finished - then got a WEBPAGE - and that was it!
do i have to install on the WEB? - you can see i am no expert. any help
would of course greatly appreciated. thank you.
ernest

Post by ernest »

Nelson Hernandez wrote:change Houdini's base priority from Normal to Low
to Low, or is to BelowNormal sufficient?
It must be difficult to measure if there is a slowing down of Houdini, because of multicore non-reproducibility...
Ant_Gugdin

Post by Ant_Gugdin »

Hi Robert

Here's a bug with Houdini 1.5. I initially installed it using the Fritz 9 GUI and there were no problems. However, I then installed a special version of Fritz 9 for DGT boards. The functionality is still fine but now the engine window keeps freezing. Sometimes it correctly displays the kN/s, the various lines it is considering, depth etc. More commonly, however, it just shows a Depth figure which is far too law (about 6) and nothing else. The Depth figure moves upwards very slowly from 6 to 7 to 8. However, this is only a display problem and not a functionality problem - by the time it is showing Depth 8 the program is really at Depth 25-30.
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

try it again