A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by geots »

When you have someone's character in question to the point it can affect the man's living, be fair at least. I would propose a statute of limitations on how long he can be drug thru the court of public opinion. No matter your side in this, surely one would think, yea or nay- at least give him the same rights you would a common criminal. The manner in which this is being handled bothers me greatly.
Tom Barrister

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by Tom Barrister »

Well, that's different.

Convicted criminals have no rights as to whether their crimes can be brought up. They're a matter of public record. Also, the statute of limitations never expires on some crimes (i.e. murder).

But I'm game. Let's set a statute of limitations on how long this issue can be dragged through the court of public opinion.

I vote for 50 years, with credit for time already used. Anybody who talks about this after the year 2055 gets whacked on the buttocks. Is that acceptable to everybody else?
This production is being brought to you by Rybka: "The engine made from scratch.™"
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Tom Barrister wrote:Well, that's different.

Convicted criminals have no rights as to whether their crimes can be brought up. They're a matter of public record. Also, the statute of limitations never expires on some crimes (i.e. murder).

But I'm game. Let's set a statute of limitations on how long this issue can be dragged through the court of public opinion.

I vote for 50 years, with credit for time already used. Anybody who talks about this after the year 2055 gets whacked on the buttocks. Is that acceptable to everybody else?
ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by John Conway »

I agree, but feel he should be granted a parole hearing at some stage, provided of course that he has delivered the promised R3+ and R4.1 updates. :lol:
geots

Post by geots »

Not hard to see you have only made 60 posts here with that horseshit answer. Take a break and come back when you grow up

Hello George,

Tone it down.

Later.
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

And bother me too. Two people that are being very badly treated here: Vas and Graham.
geots

Post by geots »

PauloSoare wrote:And bother me too. Two people that are being very badly treated here: Vas and Graham.

Don't worry Paulo- I'll handle it from here. 8-)

And nice to hear from you. All the best.
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

PauloSoare wrote:And bother me too. Two people that are being very badly treated here: Vas and Graham.
Poor Graham. Someone who calls others liar, idiot or even wishes someones death shouldn't complain when others strike back.
geots

Post by geots »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Poor Graham. Someone who calls others liar, idiot or even wishes someones death shouldn't complain when others strike back.

So Graham lies and wishes for the death of others. Horseshit
bob

Post by bob »

geots wrote:When you have someone's character in question to the point it can affect the man's living, be fair at least. I would propose a statute of limitations on how long he can be drug thru the court of public opinion. No matter your side in this, surely one would think, yea or nay- at least give him the same rights you would a common criminal. The manner in which this is being handled bothers me greatly.
50% of the blame lies directly with Vas. No responses to any of the issues raised, anywhere. Now Fabien has gotten involved. Perhaps things will move along with his involvement...