When a board game generates a sect....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

When a board game generates a sect....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

....that's chess generating the stupid Rybka forum....

A thread showing the fact that an engine X is already number one in the CCRL rating list was deleted in a few minutes....

The poster didn't even mintion the engine's name and when I mentioned it the thread was shot dead....

What a bunch of idiots and narrow-minded people are living in this cesspoll called the Rybka forum....
I rest my case regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
stevenaaus

Re: When a board game generates a sect....

Post by stevenaaus »

I rest my case regards
Though i agree with you on most things, somehow i doubt this ;>

But personally i'm getting bored with this endless arguing about clones, Rybka, Ippo and Houdini.

I think that any thread in General Discussion that brings up the subject more than once should get moved to "Computer Chess Club: Engine Origins" so it can be easily ignored :P
Tom Barrister

Post by Tom Barrister »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:....that's chess generating the stupid Rybka forum....

A thread showing the fact that an engine X is already number one in the CCRL rating list was deleted in a few minutes....

The poster didn't even mintion the engine's name and when I mentioned it the thread was shot dead....

What a bunch of idiots and narrow-minded people are living in this cesspoll called the Rybka forum....
I rest my case regards,
Dr.D
It's their business model: disallow that competition exists agasinst Rybka's supremacy. If they could also delete the mention of Stockfish and Critter without creating an uproar, they probably would. They have an excuse, or at least the semblance of an excuse, to not allow Houdini or the Ippolit series to be mentioned.

If some program were cloned from Surprise 4.3b13 (and I'm going to the bottom of the CCRL list, not picking on that program in general) and it's CCRL rating of 1992, and such were proven to be the case, I doubt that the Rybka staff would be very vigilant about censoring mention of it.
This production is being brought to you by Rybka: "The engine made from scratch.™"
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:....that's chess generating the stupid Rybka forum....

I rest my case regards,
Dr.D
A little consideration will show that this is all about money. The author of Rybka has aligned himself with large commercial entities; it is in their interest to see that others do not advance chess engine development beyond what currently exists.
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.