I must have been living under a rock

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Dann Corbit
Posts: 10192
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

I must have been living under a rock

Post by Dann Corbit » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 am

1. Rybka 4.1 was released (I did not find out until today)
2. Fire 1.31 comes with source code (I did not find out until today)
3. The latest gullchess (from the GIT repository NOT from sourceforge) has most of the source code errors corrected.

benstoker
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 am

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by benstoker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Dann Corbit wrote:1. Rybka 4.1 was released (I did not find out until today)
2. Fire 1.31 comes with source code (I did not find out until today)
3. The latest gullchess (from the GIT repository NOT from sourceforge) has most of the source code errors corrected.
There's not a lot to write home to mom about in that Fire source code.

Dann Corbit
Posts: 10192
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by Dann Corbit » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:15 pm

benstoker wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:1. Rybka 4.1 was released (I did not find out until today)
2. Fire 1.31 comes with source code (I did not find out until today)
3. The latest gullchess (from the GIT repository NOT from sourceforge) has most of the source code errors corrected.
There's not a lot to write home to mom about in that Fire source code.
There are a lot of bugs removed from the ivanhoe base.

Dann Corbit
Posts: 10192
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by Dann Corbit » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm

I fixed a few additional problems with this build:
http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new-approach/fire.7z

tmokonen
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by tmokonen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 pm

GIT repository for Gull? Where? http://gullchess.git.sourceforge.net/gi ... -index.cgi has nothing.

Dann Corbit
Posts: 10192
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by Dann Corbit » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 pm

tmokonen wrote:GIT repository for Gull? Where? http://gullchess.git.sourceforge.net/gi ... -index.cgi has nothing.
I guess it is SVN actually. I collected it with this command:
svn co https://gullchess.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gullchess gullchess

Here is what I was fooling with:
http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new- ... llchess.7z

benstoker
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 am

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by benstoker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Dann Corbit wrote:
benstoker wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:1. Rybka 4.1 was released (I did not find out until today)
2. Fire 1.31 comes with source code (I did not find out until today)
3. The latest gullchess (from the GIT repository NOT from sourceforge) has most of the source code errors corrected.
There's not a lot to write home to mom about in that Fire source code.
There are a lot of bugs removed from the ivanhoe base.
wish the linux compile option wasn't ripped out ...

vb4
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:45 am
Location: NY

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by vb4 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:51 am

Hi Dann,

Is it possible since you have spent so much time under that rock that you just might have missed the announcement of the 5-1 6 piece stat files have already been generated?? <s>

Les

Dann Corbit
Posts: 10192
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:11 am

vb4 wrote:Hi Dann,

Is it possible since you have spent so much time under that rock that you just might have missed the announcement of the 5-1 6 piece stat files have already been generated?? <s>

Les
Yep, I missed that too. Was it in the tablebase forum?

vb4
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:45 am
Location: NY

Re: I must have been living under a rock

Post by vb4 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:59 am

Funny !! I hope your comment was done with tongue in cheek <S>

Post Reply