A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bob

Re: A Very Novel Idea Concerning Vas- BE FAIR

Post by bob »

geots wrote:
bob wrote:
geots wrote:When you have someone's character in question to the point it can affect the man's living, be fair at least. I would propose a statute of limitations on how long he can be drug thru the court of public opinion. No matter your side in this, surely one would think, yea or nay- at least give him the same rights you would a common criminal. The manner in which this is being handled bothers me greatly.
50% of the blame lies directly with Vas. No responses to any of the issues raised, anywhere. Now Fabien has gotten involved. Perhaps things will move along with his involvement...

Agreed, Bob. The answer is no longer as important as getting all this crap finalized. I mean when i left 2 years ago, they were still arguing about Rybka. There needs to be a resolution to all this. As to Vas sharing any blame in this dragging out, I'm not sure i am willing to go there. But we both agree this needs to get done.
And it is getting done. This won't drag out for months. It might be a few more weeks, as the write-up of what we have is in progress, and we may have more to do to fill in any holes that pop up. I have already found one important question that is going to be addressed soon, namely does Rybka 1 beta have any Crafty code in it in addition to Fruit. That will certainly be easy enough to find with a simple bit of C code I wrote that looks for very specific "crafty binary strings" in an executable file...

It takes time however... And I'd rather have every I dotted and every T crossed before we give this to the ICGA so that we can turn it over and be done with it...
Tom Barrister

Post by Tom Barrister »

Mr. Rajlich's best move is to keep his mouth shut until if and when he gets sued or charged with a crime. His attorney(s) would be foolish to tell him to do anything but stay silent.
This production is being brought to you by Rybka: "The engine made from scratch.™"
bob

Post by bob »

Tom Barrister wrote:Mr. Rajlich's best move is to keep his mouth shut until if and when he gets sued or charged with a crime. His attorney(s) would be foolish to tell him to do anything but stay silent.
I understand the issue of self-incrimination. But to allow this process to proceed to its end without any input from the defense is going to be a problem as well. It will certainly be a negative advertising impact.
Romy

Post by Romy »

bob wrote:
Tom Barrister wrote:Mr. Rajlich's best move is to keep his mouth shut until if and when he gets sued or charged with a crime. His attorney(s) would be foolish to tell him to do anything but stay silent.
I understand the issue of self-incrimination. But to allow this process to proceed to its end without any input from the defense is going to be a problem as well. It will certainly be a negative advertising impact.
Please not to confuse ICGA's kangaroos with a Court.

Tom Barrister is correct. I visit to a Kenya Parks once, with Ceausescu money. You can enter by car to the area where there is a large BABOON POPULATIONS. There is a warningsign for the car user, it state some thing like--
"Stay Silent, keep window up, because Baboon to attack without senses or reason"

But to person who think derivative of x^2 be 2x dx, which is sheerly nonsense, I may have to explain analogy. Better I PM to him my cellphone number (Bucharest) and we can to respectfuley discuss originality of CRAFTY itself.
geots

Post by geots »

Romy wrote:
bob wrote:

Tom Barrister is correct. I visit to a Kenya Parks once, with Ceausescu money. You can enter by car to the area where there is a large BABOON POPULATIONS. There is a warningsign for the car user, it state some thing like--
"Stay Silent, keep window up, because Baboon to attack without senses or reason"

But to person who think derivative of x^2 be 2x dx, which is sheerly nonsense, I may have to explain analogy. Better I PM to him my cellphone number (Bucharest) and we can to respectfuley discuss originality of CRAFTY itself.

Uh-oh.
Romy

Post by Romy »

bob wrote:have any Crafty code in it
I read in Der Spiegel that Crafty come from Cray Blitz.

I have been recently speak to another senior, not "Associate", gentleman from Southern state, a connection to Carnegie Mellon U. He has interesting informations theory about originalities or origins of Cray Blitz.

It can get very warm there as summer approach.
Watchman

Post by Watchman »

Is it just me... or does anyone else get the impression that the "Carol Rodanu" personality is like the Rolf personality except on "steroids"?

Maybe a better analogy is: Rolf is to Dr. Jekyll As Carol Rodanu is to Mr. Hyde.

"No Offense" to either one... just seems both strangely similar...
Rob O. / Watchman
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

Romy wrote:
bob wrote:

I also have disagreements with Dr. Rober Hyat on the subject Fruit-Rybka, but I also admire and respect Robert . Please respect this person, who is perhaps the greatest exponent of computer chess.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Watchman wrote:Is it just me... or does anyone else get the impression that the "Carol Rodanu" personality is like the Rolf personality except on "steroids"?

Maybe a better analogy is: Rolf is to Dr. Jekyll As Carol Rodanu is to Mr. Hyde.

"No Offense" to either one... just seems both strangely similar...
It's Chris Whittington.
Terry McCracken
bob

Post by bob »

Romy wrote:
bob wrote:
Just read before you post, and you won't write nonsense. No one is saying the ICGA investigation is a court. But the FSF and Fabien may well turn this into a court case... Tom was pointing out the danger of responding to our investigation, in light of possible pending actual court action...

Feel free to discuss the originality of Crafty. Everyone on the planet that is interested has seen the source. I don't have a thing to hide. The "plagiarists" have the problems...

If you want a real derivative lesson, here goes:

Y = X^2.

dy
--- = 2X
dx

Properly read "derivative of Y with respect to X of the function Y = X2 is 2x.

If you want to integrate the above

you write it as

[integral sign] 2x dx = X^2 + C. If you are talking about the complete function. I gave a simple example for _one term_ of a function...

Books give a ton of examples. Derivative of N * X ^ Y = N * Y * X ^ (N-1)

is that _really_ so important to the discussion, or just a stupid diversion? I know the answer. You do to. It is not "important" leaving "diversion"

Why don't you grow up, and offer legitimate criticisms of the data we have presented, or else go away? Either one would be equally satisfactory IMHO. So far all you have offered is utter nonsense.