Looking forward to Komodo MP

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

notyetagm

Re: Looking forward to Komodo MP

Post by notyetagm »

AdminX wrote:Hey Don,

I really look forward to seeing your MP version of Komodo. I just finished runinng a engine match under the Aquarium GUI using the Hiarcs13Pro opening book. There were a total of 480 games played and each engine used 2 cores (except Komodo, Deep Sjeng and Gull) with ponder on. Time Control was 2 minutes blitz.

PS: Watch out for Deep Sjeng! :wink:

WOW! Is Komodo really that strong? Not far behind Rybka 4, ahead of Stockfish?
notyetagm

Post by notyetagm »

fern wrote:Maybe I should not say this, but according to my info something of the sort could be coming, thought not so fast.
You can expect probably, also, a gui specific for the engine and some features really exciting.
Before that I guess Don will deliver some other free engines versions.

shiiit i said nothing...

Fern, the speaker
Please do tell. :-)
notyetagm

Post by notyetagm »

I really look forward to seeing your MP version of Komodo. I just finished runinng a engine match under the Aquarium GUI using the Hiarcs13Pro opening book. There were a total of 480 games played and each engine used 2 cores (except Komodo, Deep Sjeng and Gull) with ponder on. Time Control was 2 minutes blitz.

Does this result mean that Komdo 1.3 on a single core performed better than Stockfish 2.0 on two cores and almost as well as Rybka 4.1 on two cores?
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

its partly randomness...however i would buy komodo if it came out for sale. larry & don are class guys & i'd feel good supporting them. a GUI would be icing on the cake.

my one request is that they dont charge 100 bucks. unless the GUI is something truly profound.

in fact, i'd go so far as to say i'll no longer pay such prices for engines unless they're in the top 3. and even that is stretching it. prices need to drop down to earth again. make it easy, make it doable over paypal, etc & authors will end up making more money.
fern

Post by fern »

...or maybe when you have them in the hook, they READ everything...

Fern, the chilean maquiavelli
PauloSoare

Post by PauloSoare »

fern wrote:Maybe I should not say this, but according to my info something of the sort could be coming, thought not so fast.
You can expect probably, also, a gui specific for the engine and some features really exciting.
Before that I guess Don will deliver some other free engines versions.

shiiit i said nothing...

Fern, the speaker
Fernando, I think that some people are not believing you.
Show them your old predictions that came true.
By the way, a beautiful lady in the picture.
Trahald

Post by Trahald »

De Vos W wrote:Yeah! 'Fern the speaker' I like your new 'Beauty and the Beast' picture....
The lady a beast? Seems like a harsh call.
Russell Murray
fern

Post by fern »

yes, michelle obama, very nice....
Old predictions?
My best and older; nobody will ever believe what I predict.

I go too much in advance of times. A good prophet must talk just one day before the events.

fern
Don

Post by Don »

We are hoping to release a new version soon, but still not MP. But the next release after this will be. The new komodo is a pretty large jump in ELO.

Don
Don

Post by Don »

fern wrote:yes, michelle obama, very nice....
Old predictions?
My best and older; nobody will ever believe what I predict.

I go too much in advance of times. A good prophet must talk just one day before the events.

fern
Who is that with Obama? Is that you?