ATM censorship has been relaxed on Rybka forum.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mhalstern

Re: ATM censorship has been relaxed on Rybka forum.

Post by mhalstern »

It could mean ass to mouth. I was hoping that was not the intended meaning.
John Conway

Post by John Conway »

NATIONAL12 wrote:you can talk about Houdini openly.
A sure sign that there will be no Rybka 5.
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

John Conway wrote:
If he does release it and events unfold in the way in which I expect, he may have trouble getting it legitimized.
Last edited by K I Hyams on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

John Conway wrote:
Seems a bit creepy that there has been and still is a whole forum devoted to what will probably turn out to be nothing more then an illegally derived engine
Gives me the chills to think about it actually regards
Steve
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Steve B wrote:
John Conway wrote:
Seems a bit creepy that there is a whole forum devoted to what will probably turn out to be nothing more then an illegally derived engine
Steve
I also find it creepy. I visit the forum occasionally because I have a morbid fascination for the paranoia and sycophancy endemic on that site. In fact, I even started a thread there a few weeks ago because I was curious to find out what would happen if I addressed those issues.
gerold

Post by gerold »

K I Hyams wrote:
Steve B wrote:
John Conway wrote:
Seems a bit creepy that there is a whole forum devoted to what will probably turn out to be nothing more then an illegally derived engine
Steve
I also find it creepy. I visit the forum occasionally because I have a morbid fascination for the paranoia and sycophancy endemic on that site. In fact, I even started a thread there a few weeks ago because I was curious to find out what would happen if I addressed those issues.
I do visit the forum once in a while. It is a little creepy over there. :-).
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

K I Hyams wrote:
Steve B wrote:
John Conway wrote:
Steve
Hi Keith
Just curious as to the reception your thread received there?
i imagine very few of us(CCC members) are on any body's Christmas greeting card list over there
i am guessing that it was met with a volley of personal attacks and a "dug-in ..trench-like" mentality by the Rybka faithful..
especially in light of the pending investigation by the ICGA World Body not to mention the open letter by all of the previous ICGA World Champions since 1992
I Could be wrong though..

Unlikely Regards
Steve
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Steve B wrote:
K I Hyams wrote:
Steve B wrote:
John Conway wrote:
Steve
Hi Keith
Just curious as to the reception your thread received there?
i imagine very few of us(CCC members) are on any body's Christmas greeting card list over there
i am guessing that it was met with a volley of personal attacks and a "dug-in ..trench-like" mentality by the Rybka faithful..
especially in light of the pending investigation by the ICGA World Body not to mention the open letter by all of the previous ICGA World Champions since 1992
I Could be wrong though..

Unlikely Regards
Steve
It was not deleted and it received a more civilised reception than I expected. Rajlich’s position seems to me to be untenable and his fart catchers are not capable of putting forward either rational defence or argument supported by evidence. Consequently, many statements supporting him start “I think that Vas......” or “I am sure that Vas............” and they are applauded despite the fact that they are completely vacuous. The hard-men who bluster when faced with rational argument and preface their statements with “I am sure that”, seem to be seen as heroes and have higher status than the weaklings who preface their statements “I think that”.

A “Gordon Gecko” mentality is also present. In this case, the slogan is not “greed is good” but “copying is good as long as you get better results than that which you copied”

Ridiculous, unfounded smears are written about those whose actions are considered damaging to the Rajlich cause. One of their apparent champions told me that Fabien was incapable of recognising his own code and the same hero, together with another member who seems to be highly regarded, claimed that all of the top programmers who had signed the letter to ICGA had only done so because they were jealous of Rajlich’s success. That, in spite of the fact that it had been previously pointed out to them that:
1. Several of those people were originally Rajlich supporters.
2. Most of those people were not Rajlich competitors.

The site is a sad reflection of “the human condition”
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

K I Hyams wrote: It was not deleted and it received a more civilised reception than I expected. Rajlich’s position seems to me to be untenable and his fart catchers are not capable of putting forward either rational defence or argument supported by evidence. Consequently, many statements supporting him start “I think that Vas......” or “I am sure that Vas............” and they are applauded despite the fact that they are completely vacuous. The hard-men who bluster when faced with rational argument and preface their statements with “I am sure that”, seem to be seen as heroes and have higher status than the weaklings who preface their statements “I think that”.

A “Gordon Gecko” mentality is also present. In this case, the slogan is not “greed is good” but “copying is good as long as you get better results than that which you copied”

Ridiculous, unfounded smears are written about those whose actions are considered damaging to the Rajlich cause. One of their apparent champions told me that Fabien was incapable of recognising his own code and the same hero, together with another member who seems to be highly regarded, claimed that all of the top programmers who had signed the letter to ICGA had only done so because they were jealous of Rajlich’s success. That, in spite of the fact that it had been previously pointed out to them that:
1. Several of those people were originally Rajlich supporters.
2. Most of those people were not Rajlich competitors.

The site is a sad reflection of “the human condition”
Thanks for the synopsis
Funny how they very same folks complaining about Ippo and Family are now defending Rybka..with some of the very same arguments Ippo supporters used
i guess if the shoe fits ..
anyway..in a bizarre twist of fate ..the destiny's of Rybka and Ippo & Family seem to be intertwined..
if Rybka is unmasked as an illegal derivative by the ICGA then i wonder how this impacts Ippo and family ?
Would Rybka be removed from all rating lists and even deemed unacceptable to post about here ??(violation of Legal provision of charter ) and if so..what about Ippo and family then?
would be a strange ..even cruel result ..for Rybka to be banned and yet Ippo and Family deemed acceptable for the rating groups to continue to test or be discussed here
perhaps they all should be painted with the same brush once the ICGA renders its verdict?

Oh What A tangled Web We Weave Regards
Steve
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Hi Steve

Just a little correction. The last sentence you wrote, you can't use it.
Prof. Bob Hyatt has patent on it... :o