HOUDINI No Fear! If you are with God you are going to win!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

frcha

Re: HOUDINI No Fear! If you are with God you are going to wi

Post by frcha »

De Vos W wrote:
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
I distrust those who religiously denounce God and then wish you to believe in exactly what they believe even more.
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

Father wrote:Houdini 1.5a x64 SSE42 (6 cores): 17.3 plies; 15.456kN/s Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz 4043MHz

April 7,2011. Day's San Juan Bautista De La Salle (1651-1719).

Teacher & Professor of the Love of Jesus, San Juan Bautista De La Salle. With all respect as a pray, I give you and to our God of love, 292 years after your last day in the Blue Earth planet, a Sunday, the day of the Lord, this little game against the technology and the science, as a little probe that the power of love if over all, because of, at the end, only the love will be alive for ever in the sky, far away of the hate and the hell. Please help us, all the countries in this days of darkness’s and wars, when the vanities looks in the chairs of many goberments.Please tall to God, that give to us the humanities and human race, the reconciliation, the justice, and the pardon, as a unique technique to search the peace.

Salutes to Mister Houdini, the top of magicians.
What's all this God nonsense got to do with chess ? Sorry for my atheist remark, but believing that a 1700 elo player beats Houdini in 3 min with 0 seconds increment is even more absurd than believing in God...
UncombedCoconut

Post by UncombedCoconut »

zullil wrote:
De Vos W wrote: I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
Now that's "De Vos W" post I agree with!
Amazing. Me too.
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

[D]1k3nn1/1b1q2r1/p1p1p1p1/Pp1pPpNp/1P1P1P1P/2P1QBP1/3R3K/3R4 w - - 0 154

Here, after the exchange sacrifice on d7, Houdini's evals are near to +4. In other words, material (by simple counting) is +2 and another +2 from other factors. Obviously, more material wins within cannot be within the horizon.

[D]k4nn1/1b5q/p1p1p1p1/Pp1pPp2/1P1P1PpP/2PQR3/3R2K1/3B4 w - - 0 192

After the second exchange sacrifice (h7), Houdini's ratings does not change significantly. So it almost looks like the outpost knight (g5) bonus was +2. But on the other hand, in the positions prior to 153.Nxd7, the eval was ~1.50 with two knight outposts (c5+g5).

It is difficult to understand for me, but maybe it gives some insight into Houdini's evaluation logic. Could be interesting for programmers.
Regards, Mike
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

lucasart wrote:
Father wrote:Houdini 1.5a x64 SSE42 (6 cores): 17.3 plies; 15.456kN/s Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz 4043MHz

Teacher & Professor of the Love of Jesus, San Juan Bautista De La Salle. With all respect as a pray, I give you and to our God of love, 292 years after your last day in the Blue Earth planet, a Sunday, the day of the Lord, this little game against the technology and the science, as a little probe that the power of love if over all, because of, at the end, only the love will be alive for ever in the sky, far away of the hate and the hell. Please help us, all the countries in this days of darkness’s and wars, when the vanities looks in the chairs of many goberments.Please tall to God, that give to us the humanities and human race, the reconciliation, the justice, and the pardon, as a unique technique to search the peace.

What's all this God nonsense got to do with chess ? Sorry for my atheist remark, but believing that a 1700 elo player beats Houdini in 3 min with 0 seconds increment is even more absurd than believing in God...
Those God freaks, well they're friendly but, the sh*t they believe has got their minds all shut”
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Re: HOUDINI No Fear! “Tu quis es?

Post by Father »

…computers do not have conscientious about their own existence by themselves, they are sophisticates parrots;

in my 50 years old, I have never had a machine, after my first question in Latin Language usually I did to them:

“Tu quis es? In nomine Patris et Fílli el Spíritus sancti. Amén.”

For beating a machine first of all it is necessary to identified the entity it is running into the engine :twisted: :twisted: ; their soul, the, the next human being move, is the ritual; yes the ritual… each machine has its own ritual…we are in a serious risk, if machines go out off human race control, :( :( then the third war will be the summary of a computer mistake, not as a result of human been will… What a sad days!!
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

De Vos W wrote:
lucasart wrote:

Those God freaks, well they're friendly but, the sh*t they believe has got their minds all shut”

My goodness.... such hostility! Is that really nescessary?
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Father wrote:…computers do not have conscientious about their own existence by themselves, they are sophisticates parrots;

in my 50 years old, I have never had a machine, after my first question in Latin Language usually I did to them:

“Tu quis es? In nomine Patris et Fílli el Spíritus sancti. Amén.”

For beating a machine first of all it is necessary to identified the entity it is running into the engine :twisted: :twisted: ; their soul, the, the next human being move, is the ritual; yes the ritual… each machine has its own ritual…we are in a serious risk, if machines go out off human race control, :( :( then the third war will be the summary of a computer mistake, not as a result of human been will… What a sad days!!

Pablo..... Are you able to apply your theories to Chess Tiger?
De Vos W

Post by De Vos W »

Nimzovik wrote:
De Vos W wrote:
lucasart wrote:

My goodness.... such hostility! Is that really nescessary?
If you really want "hostility" read the "Holy Bible" for example :
Psalm 137:8
O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us-- he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. Rejoice in the lord.
:wink:
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

Alex,

Chess Tiger has an original spirit :twisted: where the ritual is specially difficult; not just Chess Tiger, I remember perfectly to "Comp Quark" :evil: from "Thomas Mayer", as a peculiar algorithm soul, where the exorcism result specially difficult... probably they need a different clerk :idea: to do the rite... With some intuition :arrow: I believe the inflexible general machines’ soul, done possible to humans, beat them across summaries or practical ideas... :arrow: (Other kind of exorcism).

Machines does not have idea about their own existence. :?: :?: they don´t know about love, about God, about heaven and hell.
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.