Norton 360 Thinks bubble 1.5 is a virus

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mhalstern

Norton 360 Thinks bubble 1.5 is a virus

Post by mhalstern »

I'm not accusing bubble 1.5 of being a virus, but posting to inform the author of the false positive.

I am using:

Norton 360 version 5.1.0.29, with the most current virus defs. I just started an engine match within Fritz12, with bubble 1.5 as one of the participants. I immediately see a pop up window that (some guard process of the program) Norton 360 has detected suspicious activity by bubble.exe, and it has been removed. I took it out of quarantine, telling Norton that the file was not dangerous and instructed Norton to not scan for the file again.

I've used bubble 1.5 with Norton 360 before, so some recent vurus def, must think bubble is supsicious.

If the author of bubble does not check posts here much, can somebody who knows him, please contact him, so he can request Norton fix their false positive alert.

Also, I'm very curious, as to what bubble did to flag the suspicious behavior alert.

Thanks
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Norton 360 Thinks bubble 1.5 is a virus

Post by Vinvin »

All Norton products are bug themself ! Remove them quickly ! 8-)
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Vinvin wrote:All Norton products are bug themself ! Remove them quickly ! 8-)
That's not true. I've been a Norton's user on and off for more than a decade and found it to be a sound product, especially in the last few years. It is one of the most thourgh suites on the market and even independent professionals have given it high marks in the last couple of years. It updates every 5 to ten minutes on average. It covers eveyrthing.
It's a class A+ product today.

False postives are rare.
Terry McCracken
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

VirusTotal checked bubble1,5 file using 40 antivirus prgs: no one of these found it suspect.