People who detected several clones in the pat not even asked

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
hgm
Posts: 23295
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller
Contact:

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by hgm » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

I do not wonder you are citing a NAZI citation...used at the entearnce of concetration camps, and put a smile on it...


Michael
http://www.playitharena.com
Of course not, you probably know all about Nazi camps... I, on the other hand, was never aware they spoke English there.

One can learn something new every day, from an expert. :lol:

Roger Brown
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:22 pm

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Roger Brown » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 pm

tmokonen wrote:Godwin's Law strikes again.

Hello Tony,

I could not resist!

Later.

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1 (100%)."[3][2] In other words, Godwin put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis.

User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Michael Diosi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:00 am

Hi,


Maybe you should advertise with this phrase for Winboard...Will bring the news on Arena...


Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

User avatar
hgm
Posts: 23295
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller
Contact:

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by hgm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Unlike the Arena team, we at WinBoard don't feel that user's should be fooled into using one GUI or another. So we don't advertize with silly phrases, we just provide facts and specs.

But feel free to use it on the Arena website to attract some more hits by Nazi friends of yours.

:idea: In fact, why don't you advertize with swastika's on the Arena website? :idea:

I am sure it will cause a great many new hits...

noctiferus
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Italy

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by noctiferus » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:46 pm

The original ancient "cuique suum" (Latin) had nothing to do with Nazis, (at least IMHO).
enrico

User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Michael Diosi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi,


You don't present any facts. Fact ois that Arena is the number one chess GUI as Google tells you. Fact is that you have used a phrase from nazi jargon and instead of apologizing you continue with such phrases. Every decent person finds them disgusting...

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

Gerd Isenberg
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 pm
Location: Hattingen, Germany

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Gerd Isenberg » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

I do not wonder you are citing a NAZI citation...used at the entearnce of concetration camps, and put a smile on it...


Michael
http://www.playitharena.com
The English wikipedia has

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Each_His_Own

and explicitly the German translation of "Suum cuique" - Jedem das Seine, which refers Prussia and Nazi Germany, Several modern advertising campaigns in the German language, including ads for Nokia, REWE grocery stores, Burger King, and Merkur Bank have been marred by controversy after using the phrase Jedem das Seine or Jedem den Seinen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedem_das_Seine

Albert Silver
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Albert Silver » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Roger Brown wrote:
tmokonen wrote:Godwin's Law strikes again.

Hello Tony,

I could not resist!

Later.

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1 (100%)."[3][2] In other words, Godwin put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis.
I had never heard this before, but so true, therefore brilliant.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

User avatar
hgm
Posts: 23295
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller
Contact:

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by hgm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Michael Diosi wrote:You don't present any facts. Fact ois that Arena is the number one chess GUI as Google tells you. Fact is that you have used a phrase from nazi jargon and instead of apologizing you continue with such phrases. Every decent person finds them disgusting...
http://www.playwitharena.com
Every decent person finds you disgusting. How is that for a fact...

I have nothing to apologize for. Nazis did not speak English, and only a very, very sick mind would connect any thing I say with Nazis. So indeed, I am not surprised that you do.

And indeed, we now know how you try to create hits on the Arena page, and fool yourself into thinking that people tricked into going there to read your garbage would want to have anything to do with Arena.

User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Michael Diosi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi,


Arena news...



Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

Post Reply