People who detected several clones in the pat not even asked

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
hgm
Posts: 23162
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller
Contact:

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by hgm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Oh, sorry, not garbage. "Arena news" is what you call it. My mistake... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Point is that you are caught here trying to cause hits on that page on the subject of Rybka vs ICGA, which is not by any stretch of the imagination Arena related. So the number of hits on that page and its Google ranking can no longer be used as a measure for the popularity of the Arena GUI. You cannot have it both ways.

And to expose you for the pathetic liar you are, point out one thing on the WinBoard page that is not fact. Should not be difficult, as there are lots of pages, and you claim there is no fact at all.

One thing you won't find there for sure is rants against other GUIs, attempts to tie them or their programmers to Nazis, and other garbage. We leave that privilege gladly to "Arena news"!

Gerd Isenberg
Posts: 2113
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 pm
Location: Hattingen, Germany

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Gerd Isenberg » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,


Arena news...



Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Hi Michael,

"To Each His Own" is perfectly OK, and even advertisement for you. The further HGM statements were directed to your own wrong associations.

Gerd

User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Michael Diosi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi,

Yes, that's because we have something to say and people read what we say.

Still struggeling with DGT/Citrine/DCS/... boards support ?

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

K I Hyams
Posts: 3507
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:21 pm

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by K I Hyams » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Gerd Isenberg wrote:
Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,


Arena news...



Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Hi Michael,

"To Each His Own" is perfectly OK, and even advertisement for you. The further HGM statements were directed to your own wrong associations.

Gerd
Yes, I was just about to make the same point; Michael's knowledge of Nazi death camp signs appears to exceed his knowledge of English colloquialisms. Either way, his judgment is still very poor.

Roger Brown
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:22 pm

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Roger Brown » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

I do not wonder you are citing a NAZI citation...used at the entearnce of concetration camps, and put a smile on it...


Michael
http://www.playitharena.com


Hello Michael,

I have a question for you:

Do you truly believe that H.G. meant the usage of an expression which I myself have used several times, as a sort of subliminal Nazi appreciation?

I mean seriously?

Should your answer be yes then you have fallen far from where you once were in my estimation.

Hate Winboard all you like - do you notice me attacking Arena or praising it despite my unabashed Winboard bias - but I would ask that you refrain from being so casual with someone's character as to link them with Nazi death camps without more cause than this....

Later.

User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Michael Diosi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi,


Yes, in THIS case ! No in some other cases I have read here ! You got my point ? By the way you didn't answer the posting in the thread with other insults by Harm. You only saw mine. This is telling ...

http://www.spiegel.de/schulspiegel/wiss ... 57,00.html

So this IS a NAZI slogan like it or not (in wahtever language). Some might find excuses, I DON'T.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

Peter Skinner
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Peter Skinner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Roger Brown wrote: Hello Michael,

I have a question for you:

Do you truly believe that H.G. meant the usage of an expression which I myself have used several times, as a sort of subliminal Nazi appreciation?

I mean seriously?

Should your answer be yes then you have fallen far from where you once were in my estimation.

Hate Winboard all you like - do you notice me attacking Arena or praising it despite my unabashed Winboard bias - but I would ask that you refrain from being so casual with someone's character as to link them with Nazi death camps without more cause than this....

Later.
Roger, you must be new here. Let me explain how the Arena Team does things.

They highly publicize problems with other interfaces or programs, but would rather you emailed them privately if you find bugs in their program. They care more about hits to their website than how they look when attacking someone's character.

They attack people when someone posts something they don't agree with, or doesn't fall in line with what they think. Having a civilized dialogue about an issue is above them.

If you follow those standards when replying to them you should be fine. Otherwise you are against them from the outset.

Peter
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bible's to the fiction section.

User avatar
Michael Diosi
Posts: 672
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Michael Diosi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi,

We also mention our own bugs on our page, you have "accidentally" overseen this fact. Again I do not wonder from someone who has illegaly hosted Arena getting his page shut down for this, that's a fact.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

User avatar
hgm
Posts: 23162
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller
Contact:

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by hgm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Oh, of course, what a brilliant idea. Hosting bugs on your own page.

That will certainly bring in an overwhelming number of hits! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter Skinner
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by Peter Skinner » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

We also mention our own bugs on our page, you have "accidentally" overseen this fact. Again I do not wonder from someone who has illegaly hosted Arena getting his page shut down for this, that's a fact.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
I didn't accidentally oversee that. I haven't been to the Arena page in years until yesterday. I only see when people post Arena bugs here you get your panties in a knot stating that you haven't been emailed about it.

Just like someone stating "To each his own" is somehow a Nazi only statement, or that is how you saw it. Now you post on your page that someone is using inappropriate language towards your team, when really it is just a saying that is used all the time for varying opinions.

You could say "I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is" and I would reply "To each his own". Being that I don't really care if your boyfriend is gay and you're not. Doesn't really concern me. Just like Harm was stating that if they only way you can get hits to your website is to post garbage, then "To each his own" being if that is how you choose to conduct business, then it really doesn't concern him. His website doesn't stoop so low to post nonsense just to get people to visit the Winboard page.

And yes, my page was taken down due to hosting Arena. Not illegally mind you. I followed the license at the time, and who are you to tell me who my friends were/are at any time? Once again your team got their panties in a knot over something that really wasn't an issue. This seems to happen a lot. Maybe you should switch to a thong, that way your underwear is always up your ass and we can find new reasons/assumptions as to why you are always flying off the handle.

Peter

PS - Notice instead of conversing, you chose once again to attack. Telling...
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bible's to the fiction section.

Post Reply