People who detected several clones in the pat not even asked

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

JVMerlino

Re: People who detected several clones in the pat not even a

Post by JVMerlino »

Michael Diosi wrote:Fact ois that Arena is the number one chess GUI as Google tells you.
I assume that you are joking when you imply that this is a valid criteria for determining who is #1. True, when I do a Google search for "chess gui", Arena does come up first. But "Tarrasch Chess GUI" comes up second, so....

And you seem to be forgetting about the 7 million copies of Chessmaster that have been sold?

And to say that anybody who uses the phrase "to each his own" makes him/her a Nazi is, at the very least, quite laughably silly.

jm
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

yes we mention our own bugs too so people see that we are aware and are working to fix them.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

Yes, in THIS case ! No in some other cases I have read here ! You got my point ? By the way you didn't answer the posting in the thread with other insults by Harm. You only saw mine. This is telling ...

http://www.spiegel.de/schulspiegel/wiss ... 57,00.html

So this IS a NAZI slogan like it or not (in wahtever language). Some might find excuses, I DON'T.

Michael

Hello Michael,

It is a pity you see bias here.

Of course I am an unrepentant Winboard user and will probably remain one.

I did read the comments made here and H.G. only started to get cranky when you attempted to link him to a brutal and savage regime.

Are you saying you would not get a litle frisky then? He called that comparison garbage and I tend to agree, not because I believe that Winboard is a terrfifc gui, but because your standards are impractical and would make ordinary communication next to onerous.

According to you I would then have to look up the possible meaning of every word I use in every language before posting on a primarily English language board?

That is unreasonable.

I really cannot imagine that you allow your dislike of someone to lead you that far astray.

Later.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

One does not discuss with savage animals. One uses the whip...
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

some people react more sensible to things, like others.

i once did a little joke about michael diosi in one of my writings.
i immediately got his reaction , i guess similar to the reaction HGM got.

On the other hand i saw him post with other Arena-Guys against software piracy, but saw a forum posting where he himself asked for microsoft-software "for free".

this strange double-moral makes me think that michael is very good in
seeing the wrong behaviour in the actions of others, while he is not much capable to see the wrong behaviour in his own actions.

ok. i can live with this.

i guess it has to do with the fact that some people are very sensible.
and see LINKS in other peoples sentences that do not really exist.

i wonder how one can deal with this kind of overreaction.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

do you stilll offer illegal mephisto roms ?

Michael
mclane

Post by mclane »

Michael Diosi wrote:Every decent person finds them disgusting...

Michael
platon or cicero ?
mclane

Post by mclane »

Gerd Isenberg wrote: and explicitly the German translation of "Suum cuique" - Jedem das Seine, which refers Prussia and Nazi Germany, Several modern advertising campaigns in the German language, including ads for Nokia, REWE grocery stores, Burger King, and Merkur Bank have been marred by controversy after using the phrase Jedem das Seine or Jedem den Seinen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedem_das_Seine
yes. germans should know this.
but the rest of the world i think is still allowed to use suum cuique --- in whatever language they wish. or where platon or cicero the first nazis ?

i guess michael is very sensible in this area.
i doubt HGM wanted to hurt michael. IMO this is a misunderstanding. a projection.
mclane

Post by mclane »

please explain to me why it is illegal for somebody who has bought a mephisto amsterdam (that once was upgraded from glasgow into amsterdam)
or for somebody who once bought a mephisto glasgow (and later upgraded to mephisto amsterdam) to downgrade this module back to the glasgow version it was ?

i guess you want to be nasty and you are in attack mode.

how disapointing.
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

mclane wrote:
Gerd Isenberg wrote: and explicitly the German translation of "Suum cuique" - Jedem das Seine, which refers Prussia and Nazi Germany, Several modern advertising campaigns in the German language, including ads for Nokia, REWE grocery stores, Burger King, and Merkur Bank have been marred by controversy after using the phrase Jedem das Seine or Jedem den Seinen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedem_das_Seine
yes. germans should know this.
but the rest of the world i think is still allowed to use suum cuique --- in whatever language they wish. or where platon or cicero the first nazis ?

i guess michael is very sensible in this area.
i doubt HGM wanted to hurt michael. IMO this is a misunderstanding. a projection.
Yes, "To Each His Own" is perfectly OK, the German translation "Jedem das Seine" has the stigma specially with the Buchenwald concentration camp, but it still seems appealing to use by advertisement and marketing guys.

I don't understand how the other Arena team members, specially Martin Blume and all the partner engine developers and people deal with Michael Diosi, blaming their reputation? I mean I am not an Arena expert, but this free Gui certainly does deserve a better public representation ...

Seems when the always creative and most often friendly Frank Quisinsky left the team in 2005 or so, the good vibrations were over ...