Komodo MP ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Lion

Komodo MP ?

Post by Lion »

Hi,

Do we have some news on progress made ?
Is an September/October release still possible ?

regards
georgerifkin

Re: Komodo MP ?

Post by georgerifkin »

IIRC Don said Komodo MP will be ready before the end of 2011, so I think we should get it by November or December perhaps.
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

September is no longer possible, but the odds are in favor of an October release. Mostly the delay is due to further improvement in the SP program. We are quite close to Houdini now in longer time controls, though not yet in blitz.
Ajedrecista

Post by Ajedrecista »

Hello Larry:
lkaufman wrote:September is no longer possible, but the odds are in favor of an October release. Mostly the delay is due to further improvement in the SP program. We are quite close to Houdini now in longer time controls, though not yet in blitz.
Those are great news! There is a very hard work on Komodo that will be rewarded. Please keep the good work.

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
Lion

Post by Lion »

Thanks for the answer.

I have many times read that Rybka 4.1 is closing the gap at longer time controls with Houdini.

While all my tests never have proved that.

None the less, it is understandable that Komodo single core closes the gap with longer time controls since it avoids "stupid" tactics mistakes of short time controls.

looking forward to an MP Komodo. The engine will then make full sense to me.

regards
Marek Soszynski

Post by Marek Soszynski »

Don/Larry,

When the commercial Komodo is released, I'd like to see a Linux 64-bit non-popcnt version.
Marek Soszynski