Prodeo 1.7 problem

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Prodeo 1.7 problem

Post by Graham Banks »

gerold wrote:Rebeluci exe. does not work installed as uci eng. in Arena for some reason.
Works fine in ChessGUI though. :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I am using Arena 3.0

Currently and the last week 6 eng-eng matches (thus 12 x PD) are running on my quad, 6 x as UCI, 6 as WB.

I noticed 3 things:

1. Sometimes Arena hangs after a 3 fold repetition and I have to click "draw" to have the match to continue.

2. Arena restarts after 20 rounds. It's probably a preventive measure due to memory leaks either by Arena or by the engines that are playing.

3. After 2048 (continues) games Arena goes nuts, score display not correct any longer, suddenly starts to play from the start position.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Arena=a lot of problems ! Use WinBoard , please !

Post by Sylwy »

Rebel wrote: 1. Sometimes Arena hangs after a 3 fold repetition and I have to click "draw" to have the match to continue.

2. Arena restarts after 20 rounds. It's probably a preventive measure due to memory leaks either by Arena or by the engines that are playing.

3. After 2048 (continues) games Arena goes nuts, score display not correct any longer, suddenly starts to play from the start position.
And many more !
That's because I removed aReNa from all my PCs ! :lol:
===============================================
WinBoard of Maestro H.G. Muller is the native GUI for all WB engines !!!!!

Polyglot works also super on WinBoard with the UCI engines.

Well, I know they are some fans of ChessBase Fritzies ! :lol: In this situation use Wb2Uci. A better choice than aReNa !

Regards,
SilvianR :wink:
gerold

Post by gerold »

Sylwy wrote:
Rebel wrote: 1. Sometimes Arena hangs after a 3 fold repetition and I have to click "draw" to have the match to continue.

And many more !

Well, I know they are some fans of ChessBase Fritzies ! :lol: In this situation use Wb2Uci. A better choice than aReNa !

Regards,
Played over 10k games in Arena 1.1. with 100 diff. engines. No problems with Arena yet. Been using Arena for 12 years + no problems. I have tried a dozen GUI and fine that Arena is the most
dependable for eng.vs.eng. matches.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

gerold wrote:
Sylwy wrote:

And many more !

Regards,
Played over 10k games in Arena 1.1. with 100 diff. engines. No problems with Arena yet. Been using Arena for 12 years + no problems. I have tried a dozen GUI and fine that Arena is the most
dependable for eng.vs.eng. matches.
Yeah !

This Arena is a good one :

10.000 games in 100 years ! Guaranteed !

:shock: SilvianR :shock:
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

sorry but i don't have these effects.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....