Does anyone remember that engine last summer that a guy prom

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jmartus

Does anyone remember that engine last summer that a guy prom

Post by jmartus »

that a guy promised to have very orginal ideas but be based off ippos and be designed for anaysis and play vs humans. I remember even seeing someone in here post test positions for it. I'm wondering what happened with that engine.
Graham Banks

Re: Does anyone remember that engine last summer that a guy

Post by Graham Banks »

jmartus wrote:that a guy promised to have very orginal ideas but be based off ippos and be designed for anaysis and play vs humans. I remember even seeing someone in here post test positions for it. I'm wondering what happened with that engine.
http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 97&start=0
gbanksnz at gmail.com
jmartus

Post by jmartus »

not interested in a report :/ just like to know the name of that program the guy promised to release it.
geots

Post by geots »

jmartus wrote:not interested in a report :/ just like to know the name of that program the guy promised to release it.

Don't remember Carotino saying much here, but the answer to your question is the engine Vitruvius. Latest version is 083b. You also have DeepSaros 23j. There was talk of combining the 2. If you use this link, you will know as much as I do, which isn't a hell of a lot.

http://deepsaros.jimdo.com/

Best,

gts

PS: No matter what you read, don't assume from it that Deep Saros or Vitruvius is not aggressive ag. other engines. For most authors, it is their ultimate nightmare. Thus the charges of clone and derivative. (When in danger and in doubt, run in circles- scream and shout)
fern

Post by fern »

I just downloaded Vitruvius and I am playing it. If I am not too much shamelessness defeated I will talk about this engine.

a hug
Fern
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

The latest version of Vitruvius is 0.84b ... I have a link if anyone wants it ? karger
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

karger wrote:The latest version of Vitruvius is 0.84b ... I have a link if anyone wants it ? karger
Shoot :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
jmartus

Post by jmartus »

I have seen in forums versions 1.0 but cant find download for it.
this is best i can find http://deepsaros.jimdo.com/
http://www.vitruviuschess.com/
geots

Post by geots »

karger wrote:The latest version of Vitruvius is 0.84b ... I have a link if anyone wants it ? karger

Please no one take this version, as the author is not ready to release it. I have a copy- I put it waya. Unless it is listed as the latest on the link page I gave you up in this thread- don't use it. You can, but he would rather you did not. It is not ready. This was discussed 2 weeks ago in Immortal.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

geots wrote:

Please no one take this version, as the author is not ready to release it. I have a copy- I put it waya. Unless it is listed as the latest on the link page I gave you up in this thread- don't use it. You can, but he would rather you did not. It is not ready. This was discussed 2 weeks ago in Immortal.
You're a member of that forum? Is Graham?
Terry McCracken