Sting SF 1.0 is out

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Master Om
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:57 am
Location: INDIA

Re: Sting

Post by Master Om » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:24 am

[d]r5k1/1qrnbppp/3p4/3Pp1PP/pp2N1R1/3QBP2/PPP5/1K1R4 w - - 0 23

Compare this with Houdini on your preferred settings and Stockfish on Aggressiveness 200.
Always Expect the Unexpected

zullil
Posts: 6343
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Sting

Post by zullil » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:22 am

Master Om wrote:[d]r5k1/1qrnbppp/3p4/3Pp1PP/pp2N1R1/3QBP2/PPP5/1K1R4 w - - 0 23

Compare this with Houdini on your preferred settings and Stockfish on Aggressiveness 200.
Stockfish-2.1.1 (8 threads, 2048M hash, Aggressiveness=200) finds g6 in about 3.5 minutes. Here's the relevant portion of the search log:

Code: Select all

28   +0.48   02:06 843710K  Rg1 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Qc8 Ng3 Nc5 Bxc5 Rxc5 Nf5 Ra7 
                            h6 g6 Nxe7+ Rxe7 Qxb3 Rb7 Rb4 Rxb4 Qxb4 Kf8 a4 Rxd5 
                            Rc1 Qd8 Qb7 Rc5 Rd1 Ra5 Qb4 Ra6 f4 Qd7 
29   +1.54   07:35   3345M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Nxd6 Bxd6 Qf5 Nf6 Qe6+ Kh8 Rh4 Qc8 
                            Qxd6 b3 Rh1 Rxc2 Qxe5 Kg8 a3 Rg2 Ka1 Rxg6 Rxh5 Nxh5 
                            Qxh5 Qe8 Bc1 Kf7 Qf5+ Rf6 Qg4 Rg6 
30   +1.86   15:07   6860M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 Nf6 Nxh5 b3 Nxf6+ Bxf6 cxb3 
                            axb3 a3 Rc2 Rb4 Qc8 Rc1 Rxb2+ Kxb2 e4+ Kb1 exd3 
                            Rxc8+ Rxc8 Rxb3 Kf8 Rxd3 Rb8+ Kc1 Ke7 Bf4 Kd7 Kd2 
                            Rb5 Ke3 Ra5 
31   +2.22   21:23   9747M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 Nf6 Nxh5 b3 Nxf6+ Bxf6 cxb3 
                            axb3 a3 Rc2 Rb4 Qd7 Qxb3 Rc8 Rb7 Qh3 Qd3 Rg2 Rc1 
                            Rf8 Qa6 Rd8 Qb6 Qxf3 Rb8 Qf5+ Ka2 Qd7 Rb7 Qe8 Rh1 
                            Re2 
32   +2.26   27:22  12561M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Nf6 Rb4 Qc8 Rh1 
                            Rc2 Nxh5 Nxh5 Rxh5 Rg2 Rc4 Qe8 Rg4 Rxg4 fxg4 Qc8 
                            Qe4 Qc2+ Qxc2 bxc2+ Kxc2 Ra5 Rh7 
33   +2.06   33:11  15259M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Nf6 Rb4 Qc8 Rh1 
                            Rb7 Rxb7 Qxb7 Nxh5 Nxh5 Rxh5 Bf6 Rh2 Re8 Rh1 Ra8 
                            Bd2 Qd7 Bc1 Qe8 Qe4 Ra4 Qf5 Rh4 Rxh4 Bxh4 
34   +2.02   59:09  27767M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Nf6 Rb4 Qc8 Rh1 
                            Rb7 Rxb7 Qxb7 Nxh5 Nxh5 Rxh5 Bf6 Bc1 Qa6 Qxb3 Qf1 
                            Qb7 Rf8 Qd7 Qd3+ Ka1 Qxg6 Rh1 Re8 Ka2 e4 Re1 Kh7 
                            fxe4 Rxe4 Rxe4 Qxe4 Qxd6 Qc4+ Kb1 

User avatar
Master Om
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:57 am
Location: INDIA

Re: Sting

Post by Master Om » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 am

zullil wrote:
Master Om wrote:[d]r5k1/1qrnbppp/3p4/3Pp1PP/pp2N1R1/3QBP2/PPP5/1K1R4 w - - 0 23

Compare this with Houdini on your preferred settings and Stockfish on Aggressiveness 200.
Stockfish-2.1.1 (8 threads, 2048M hash, Aggressiveness=200) finds g6 in about 3.5 minutes. Here's the relevant portion of the search log:

Code: Select all

28   +0.48   02:06 843710K  Rg1 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Qc8 Ng3 Nc5 Bxc5 Rxc5 Nf5 Ra7 
                            h6 g6 Nxe7+ Rxe7 Qxb3 Rb7 Rb4 Rxb4 Qxb4 Kf8 a4 Rxd5 
                            Rc1 Qd8 Qb7 Rc5 Rd1 Ra5 Qb4 Ra6 f4 Qd7 
29   +1.54   07:35   3345M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Nxd6 Bxd6 Qf5 Nf6 Qe6+ Kh8 Rh4 Qc8 
                            Qxd6 b3 Rh1 Rxc2 Qxe5 Kg8 a3 Rg2 Ka1 Rxg6 Rxh5 Nxh5 
                            Qxh5 Qe8 Bc1 Kf7 Qf5+ Rf6 Qg4 Rg6 
30   +1.86   15:07   6860M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 Nf6 Nxh5 b3 Nxf6+ Bxf6 cxb3 
                            axb3 a3 Rc2 Rb4 Qc8 Rc1 Rxb2+ Kxb2 e4+ Kb1 exd3 
                            Rxc8+ Rxc8 Rxb3 Kf8 Rxd3 Rb8+ Kc1 Ke7 Bf4 Kd7 Kd2 
                            Rb5 Ke3 Ra5 
31   +2.22   21:23   9747M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 Nf6 Nxh5 b3 Nxf6+ Bxf6 cxb3 
                            axb3 a3 Rc2 Rb4 Qd7 Qxb3 Rc8 Rb7 Qh3 Qd3 Rg2 Rc1 
                            Rf8 Qa6 Rd8 Qb6 Qxf3 Rb8 Qf5+ Ka2 Qd7 Rb7 Qe8 Rh1 
                            Re2 
32   +2.26   27:22  12561M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Nf6 Rb4 Qc8 Rh1 
                            Rc2 Nxh5 Nxh5 Rxh5 Rg2 Rc4 Qe8 Rg4 Rxg4 fxg4 Qc8 
                            Qe4 Qc2+ Qxc2 bxc2+ Kxc2 Ra5 Rh7 
33   +2.06   33:11  15259M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Nf6 Rb4 Qc8 Rh1 
                            Rb7 Rxb7 Qxb7 Nxh5 Nxh5 Rxh5 Bf6 Rh2 Re8 Rh1 Ra8 
                            Bd2 Qd7 Bc1 Qe8 Qe4 Ra4 Qf5 Rh4 Rxh4 Bxh4 
34   +2.02   59:09  27767M [b] g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3[/b] b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Nf6 Rb4 Qc8 Rh1 
                            Rb7 Rxb7 Qxb7 Nxh5 Nxh5 Rxh5 Bf6 Bc1 Qa6 Qxb3 Qf1 
                            Qb7 Rf8 Qd7 Qd3+ Ka1 Qxg6 Rh1 Re8 Ka2 e4 Re1 Kh7 
                            fxe4 Rxe4 Rxe4 Qxe4 Qxd6 Qc4+ Kb1 

Thats really important for guy like us who rely on more chess knowledge than elos as we are more of like corr player. Stockfish, thats why has been my favorite engine since 1.8.
Always Expect the Unexpected

zullil
Posts: 6343
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Sting

Post by zullil » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:45 am

Master Om wrote: Thats really important for guy like us who rely on more chess knowledge than elos as we are more of like corr player. Stockfish, thats why has been my favorite engine since 1.8.
Yes, I'm very fond of Stockfish (and Glaurung too). Also Critter and Crafty. Not only are they far better chess players than I am, but their developers have been helpful to me, and have bettered my understanding of chess programming. Thanks Tord, Marco, Joona, Richard and Bob.

By the way, here's one more iteration of the search:

Code: Select all

35   +2.10 1:34:15  44888M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Nf6 Rb4 Qc8 Rh1 
                            Rb7 Rxb7 Qxb7 Nxh5 Nxh5 Rxh5 Bf6 Bc1 Qa6 Qxb3 Qf1 
                            Qb7 Rf8 Qd7 Qd3+ Ka1 Qxg6 Rh1 Re8 Rh3 e4 fxe4 Rxe4 
                            Rb3 Qe8 Qxd6 Re1 

User avatar
Master Om
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:57 am
Location: INDIA

Re: Sting

Post by Master Om » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:56 am

zullil wrote:
Master Om wrote: Thats really important for guy like us who rely on more chess knowledge than elos as we are more of like corr player. Stockfish, thats why has been my favorite engine since 1.8.
Yes, I'm very fond of Stockfish (and Glaurung too). Also Critter and Crafty. Not only are they far better chess players than I am, but their developers have been helpful to me, and have bettered my understanding of chess programming. Thanks Tord, Marco, Joona, Richard and Bob.

By the way, here's one more iteration of the search:

Code: Select all

35   +2.10 1:34:15  44888M  g6 fxg6 hxg6 h5 Ng3 b3 cxb3 axb3 a3 Nf6 Rb4 Qc8 Rh1 
                            Rb7 Rxb7 Qxb7 Nxh5 Nxh5 Rxh5 Bf6 Bc1 Qa6 Qxb3 Qf1 
                            Qb7 Rf8 Qd7 Qd3+ Ka1 Qxg6 Rh1 Re8 Rh3 e4 fxe4 Rxe4 
                            Rb3 Qe8 Qxd6 Re1 
Try playing 1.g6 fxg6 2.hxg6 h6 and see what it suggests on that settings and other engines too.
Always Expect the Unexpected

ZirconiumX
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:14 am

Re: Sting

Post by ZirconiumX » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Out of interest - is Sting SF related to Sting?

It seems to be.

On a completely unrelated note - I've compiled a universal binary for Mac OS X using the Dann Corbit approach.

My website is back up - I will dump it on my drop box in a while - after I compare it against Sting (via a chess game or 10).

Matthew:out
Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.

lech
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Sting

Post by lech » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:36 am

Houdini wrote:
mclane wrote:[D]8/4kb1r/2p1p1p1/rpPpPpPp/p2P1P1P/P2K4/8/4B3 w - -



try it out with houdini ... and relate this with sting.
Here's the analysis with Houdini 2.0c and FiftyMoveDistance set to 10.

Code: Select all

 16/21	 0:00 	-6.43 	1.Bxa5 Kd7 2.Kd2 Rh8 3.Bb6 Ra8 4.Kc2 Re8 5.Kc3 Bg8 6.Kb4 Rf8 7.Kc3 (55.844) 5584
 17/33	 0:00 	-6.02 	1.Bxa5 Rh8 2.Bc7 b4 3.axb4 Kd7 4.Bb6 Kc8 5.Ba5 Kb7 6.Kd2 Ka6 7.Kc2 Kb5 8.Kc3 a3 9.Kb3 Ra8 10.Kxa3 Kc4 11.Ka4 Kxd4 12.b5 Kxc5 13.b6 Rb8 (1.152.447) 7113
 18/43	 0:00 	-5.57 	1.Bxa5 Rh8 2.Bb6 Kd7 3.Ba5 b4 4.Bxb4 Rb8 5.Kc3 Ke7 6.Kd3 Kf8 7.Kc3 Bg8 8.Kd3 Ke7 9.Kc3 Kd7 10.Kd3 (5.669.917) 7363
 19/43	 0:01 	-4.55 	1.Bxa5 b4 2.Bxb4 Rh8 3.Ba5 Kd7 4.Kc3 Ra8 5.Bb6 Kc8 6.Kb4 Be8 7.Ba5 Bd7 8.Kxa4 Kb8 9.Kb4 Bc8 10.a4 Ba6 11.Bd8 Kb7 12.Be7 Bd3 13.Bd6 Be4 14.a5 (12.394.238) 7585
...
 30/56	 0:10 	-4.31 	1.Bxa5 b4 2.axb4 Rh8 3.Kc3 Kd7 4.Bb6 Rb8 5.Ba5 Kc8 6.Kb2 Kb7 7.Ka3 Bg8 8.Kxa4 Ka6 9.Bc7 Ra8 10.Ba5 Kb7 11.Kb3 Bf7 12.Kc3 Rc8 13.Bb6 Rf8 14.Ba5 (80.574.902) 7491
...
 35/61	 0:28 	-4.31 	1.Bxa5 b4 2.axb4 Rh8 3.Kc3 Kd7 4.Bb6 Rb8 5.Ba5 Kc8 6.Kb2 Kb7 7.Ka3 Bg8 8.Kxa4 Ka6 9.Bc7 Rf8 10.Ba5 Rc8 11.Bb6 Bf7 12.Kb3 Kb5 13.Kc3 Ra8 14.Ba5 (209.623.724) 7323
 36/61	 0:35 	-4.49--	1.Bxa5 b4 (263.663.341) 7383
 36/61	 0:48 	-4.11++	1.Bb4 (366.336.746) 7490
 36/61	 0:54 	-3.71++	1.Bb4 (409.296.592) 7539
 36/68	 1:07 	-2.64++	1.Bb4 (510.224.424) 7513
 36/68	 2:00 	-0.05++	1.Bb4 (885.659.937) 7321
 36/71	 2:16 	 0.00 	1.Bb4 Ra8 2.Kc2 Kd7 3.Kd3 Rhh8 4.Kc3 Bg8 5.Kb2 Bh7 6.Ka1 Ke7 7.Ka2 Ra6 8.Kb2 Raa8 9.Kc1 Ra6 10.Kb2 Bg8 11.Kc3 (990.678.909) 7272
 37/71	 2:22 	 0.00 	1.Bb4 Ra8 2.Kc2 Kd7 3.Kd3 Rhh8 4.Kc3 Bg8 5.Kb2 Bh7 6.Ka1 Ke7 7.Ka2 Ra6 8.Kb2 Raa8 9.Kc1 Ra6 10.Kb2 Bg8 11.Kc3 (1.030.042.943) 7234
 38/71	 2:24 	 0.00 	1.Bb4 Ra8 2.Kc2 Kd7 3.Kd3 Rhh8 4.Kc3 Bg8 5.Kb2 Bh7 6.Ka1 Ke7 7.Ka2 Ra6 8.Kb2 Raa8 9.Kc1 Ra6 10.Kb2 Bg8 11.Kc3 (1.040.801.752) 7220
Robert
Houdini needs to use a dirty option "If infinite search"
Let Houdini play and solve in the same way.
Sting SF JA does it without any tricks on a very slow computer. :lol:

[d]8/4kb1r/2p1p1p1/rpPpPpPp/p2P1P1P/P2K4/8/4B3 w - - 0 1

Code: Select all


Sfx:
   1	00:00	          15	29	-5,97	Be1xa5
   2	00:00	          36	69	-6,30	Be1xa5 Rh7h8
   3	00:00	          80	155	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5d2
   4	00:00	         183	354	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5d2 Rh8a8
   5	00:00	         387	750	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5c7 Ke7d7 Bc7d6
   6	00:00	       1.013	1.963	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Rc8a8
   7	00:00	       1.488	2.883	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Rc8a8
   8	00:00	       1.959	3.689	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3
   9	00:00	       2.280	4.293	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3
  10	00:00	       3.941	6.460	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8a8 Bd2c3 Ra8b8 Bc3a5 Rb8c8 Ba5c3 Rc8a8 Bc3d2
  11-	00:00	       6.190	10.147	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8a8 Bd2c3 Ra8c8 Bc3d2
  11	00:00	       7.349	12.047	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8a8 Bd2c3 Ra8c8 Bc3d2
  12	00:00	      11.075	16.480	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8a8 Bc3d2 Ra8h8 Bd2c3 Rh8b8 Bc3a5 Rb8a8 Ba5d2
  13	00:00	      18.682	26.574	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8a8 Bc3d2 Ra8c8 Bd2c3 Rc8b8 Bc3d2 Rb8c8
  14	00:00	      26.657	36.268	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8a8 Bc3d2 Ra8c8 Bd2c3 Rc8b8 Bc3d2 Rb8c8
  15	00:00	      31.889	40.830	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8a8 Bc3d2 Ra8c8 Bd2c3 Rc8a8
  16	00:00	      45.804	51.407	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8c8 Bc3d2
  17	00:00	      51.887	57.270	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Rh8g8 Ba5c3
  18	00:00	      65.594	68.828	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Rh8a8 Ba5c3 Ra8b8 Bc3d2 Rb8a8 Bd2c3
  19	00:01	      79.020	76.644	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Rh8a8 Ba5c3 Ra8h8
  20	00:01	      98.563	85.262	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Kd7e7 Bc3d2 Ke7d7
  21	00:01	     119.857	99.631	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Kd7e7 Bc3d2 Ke7e8 Bd2c3 Rb8a8 Bc3d2 Ke8d7 Bd2c3 Ra8b8 Bc3d2 Rb8a8
  22+	00:01	     165.611	124.707	-6,30	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Kd7e7 Bc3d2 Bf7e8 Bd2c3 Rb8a8 Bc3d2 Be8d7 Bd2b4 Ke7f7 Bb4d2 Kf7e7
  22	00:01	     180.309	131.133	-6,30	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Kd7e7 Bc3d2 Bf7e8 Bd2c3 Rb8a8 Bc3d2 Be8d7 Bd2b4 Ra8b8 Bb4d2 Rb8h8 Bd2e1 Rh8a8 Be1c3 Ke7f7 Bc3d2 Kf7e7
  23	00:01	     278.174	167.979	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Rh8a8 Ba5c3 Ra8h8
  24	00:01	     340.748	174.474	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Rh8a8 Ba5c3 Ra8h8
  25	00:02	     406.541	194.145	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Rh8a8 Ba5c3 Ra8b8 Bc3d2 Kd7e7 Bd2e1 Rb8c8 Be1c3 Rc8g8 Bc3d2 Ke7d7 Bd2c3 Rg8a8 Bc3d2 Ra8b8
  26	00:02	     526.087	206.551	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Rh8a8 Ba5c3 Ra8b8 Bc3d2 Rb8a8 Bd2c3
  27	00:03	     824.753	238.851	-6,30	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Rh8a8 Ba5c3 Kd7e8 Bc3d2 Ke8d8 Bd2c3 Kd8d7 Bc3d2 Kd7e8 Bd2c3 Ke8d7
  28	00:05	   1.756.303	298.945	-6,30	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8a8 Bc3e1 Ra8h8 Kd3c2 Kd7e7 Kc2d3
  29	00:06	   2.081.895	314.248	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3a5 Bf7g8 Ba5d2 Kd7e8 Bd2c3 Bg8f7 Bc3a5 Rh8g8 Ba5c3 Ke8e7 Bc3a5 Ke7d7 Ba5d2 Rg8b8
  30	00:24	   8.612.598	345.374	-6,30	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Kd3e3 Ke7d7 Ke3d3 Rc8b8 Bd2c3 Rb8h8 Bc3e1 Kd7e7 Be1d2 Ke7d7 Bd2e1
  31	00:30	  10.796.851	354.914	-6,30	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Bd2a5 Rc8b8 Ba5e1 Bf7e8 Be1a5 Be8d7 Ba5b4 Rb8h8 Bb4d2 Rh8a8 Bd2b4 Ra8h8
  32-	00:31	  11.065.781	355.892	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Bd2a5 Rc8b8 Ba5e1 Bf7e8 Kd3c2 Rb8a8 Be1d2 Be8d7 Kc2d3 Ra8h8 Bd2b4 Rh8b8 Kd3c3 Bd7c8 Kc3d2 Ke7d7 Kd2e2 Bc8a6 Ke2d3 Rb8a8 Kd3e3 Ba6c8 Ke3d3 Bc8a6
  32	00:32	  11.507.152	357.509	-6,38	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Bd2a5 Rc8b8 Ba5e1 Bf7e8 Kd3c2 Rb8a8 Be1d2 Be8d7 Kc2d3 Ra8h8 Bd2b4 Rh8b8 Kd3c3 Bd7c8 Kc3d2 Rb8a8 Kd2e2 Bc8d7 Ke2d3 Ra8h8 Kd3c2 Rh8c8 Kc2d3 Rc8b8
  33	00:34	  12.466.378	357.787	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Bd2a5 Rc8b8 Ba5e1 Bf7e8 Kd3c2 Rb8a8 Be1d2 Be8d7 Kc2d3 Ra8h8 Bd2b4 Rh8b8 Bb4a5 Bd7c8 Ba5c7 Rb8a8 Bc7d6+ Ke7d7
  34	00:38	  14.014.501	360.362	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Bd2a5 Rc8b8 Ba5e1 Bf7e8 Kd3c2 Rb8a8 Be1d2 Be8d7 Kc2d3 Ra8h8 Bd2b4 Rh8b8 Bb4a5 Bd7c8 Ba5c7 Rb8a8 Bc7d6+ Ke7d7 Kd3c3 Bc8a6 Kc3b4 Ra8h8 Kb4c3 Ba6c8 Kc3b4 Bc8b7 Kb4c3 Rh8a8 Kc3b4 Ra8h8
  35	00:46	  16.676.184	360.815	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Ba5e1 Rh8a8 Be1d2 Ra8c8 Bd2a5 Rc8b8 Ba5e1 Bf7e8 Kd3c2 Rb8a8 Be1d2 Be8d7 Kc2d3 Ra8h8 Bd2b4 Rh8b8 Bb4a5 Bd7c8 Ba5c7 Rb8a8 Bc7d6+ Ke7d7 Kd3c3 Bc8a6 Kc3b4 Ra8h8 Kb4c3 Ba6c8 Kc3b4 Rh8g8 Kb4c3 Bc8a6 Kc3b4 Ba6b7 Kb4c3
  36+	01:04	  23.564.571	366.415	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Kd3c3 Rh8a8 Ba5b4 Ra8h8 Kc3d3 Ke7d7 Kd3c2 Rh8b8 Kc2b2 Bf7e8 Kb2c2 Be8f7
  36	01:07	  24.548.191	364.189	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Kd3c3 Rh8a8 Ba5b4 Ke7d7 Kc3d3 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Ra8b8 Kc3c2 Rb8c8 Kc2d3 Kd7e7 Bb4a5 Rc8a8 Ba5b4 Be8d7 Kd3c3 Ra8c8 Bb4a5 Rc8h8 Kc3d3 Rh8f8 Ba5b4 Rf8b8 Kd3c2 Bd7e8 Bb4c3 b5b4 Bc3xb4 Be8f7 Kc2d3 Ke7d7 Kd3c2 Kd7c8 Kc2b2 Kc8b7 Kb2c2 Kb7a6 Bb4d2 Ka6b7 Bd2b4
  37	01:15	  26.995.262	357.486	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Kd3c3 Rh8a8 Ba5b4 Ke7d7 Kc3d3 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Ra8b8 Kc3c2 Rb8c8 Kc2d3 Kd7e7 Bb4a5 Rc8a8 Ba5b4 Be8d7 Kd3c3 Ra8c8 Bb4a5 Rc8h8 Kc3d3 Rh8f8 Ba5b4 Rf8b8 Kd3c2 Bd7e8 Kc2d3 Rb8a8 Kd3c2 Be8d7 Kc2d3 Ra8b8
  38	04:15	  68.320.358	267.534	-6,34	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Kd3c3 Rh8a8 Ba5b4 Ke7d7 Kc3d3 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Ra8b8 Kc3c2 Rb8c8 Kc2d3 Kd7e7 Bb4a5 Rc8a8 Ba5b4 Ra8b8 Kd3c3 Rb8c8 Kc3d3 Rc8b8
  39-	04:17	  68.918.383	268.104	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Kd3c3 Rh8a8 Ba5b4 Ke7d7 Kc3d3 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Ra8b8 Kc3c2 Rb8c8 Kc2d3 Kd7e7 Bb4a5 b5b4 a3xb4 Ke7d7 Kd3c2 Rc8b8 Kc2b2 Be8f7 Kb2c3 Kd7c8 Kc3b2 Rb8a8 Kb2a3 Kc8d7 Ka3b2 Ra8a7 Kb2a2 Ra7a6 Ka2b2 Ra6a7
  39-	06:50	 105.602.402	257.169	-6,50	Be1xa5 b5b4 a3xb4 a4a3 Kd3c2 a3a2 Kc2b2 a2a1B+ Kb2xa1 Rh7h8 Ka1b2 Rh8b8 Kb2b3 Rb8a8 Kb3c2 Ke7d7 Kc2d2 Kd7e7 Kd2e2 Ke7d7 Ke2d2
  39	06:56	 107.132.916	257.370	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Kd3c3 Rh8a8 Ba5b4 Ke7d7 Kc3d3 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Ra8b8 Kc3d3 Rb8c8 Kd3c2 Be8f7 Kc2d3 Rc8h8 Bb4d2 Rh8b8 Bd2b4 Rb8a8 Kd3c2 Kd7c7 Kc2d3 Ra8b8 Bb4a5+ Kc7d7 Kd3c2 Rb8a8 Ba5b4
  40	07:19	 113.093.073	257.482	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Kd3c3 Rh8a8 Ba5b4 Ke7d7 Kc3d3 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Ra8b8 Kc3d3 Rb8c8 Kd3c2 Be8f7 Kc2d3 Rc8h8 Kd3e3 Kd7c8 Ke3d3 Kc8c7 Bb4a5+ Kc7d7 Kd3c3 Rh8b8 Kc3b2 Rb8a8 Ba5b4 Ra8c8 Kb2c3 Rc8h8 Kc3d3 Rh8b8 Kd3e3 Bf7e8 Ke3e2 Kd7e7 Ke2d3 Rb8a8 Kd3e3 Be8d7 Ke3d3 Ra8b8 Bb4a5 Bd7c8 Kd3c2 Bc8a6 Ba5b4 Rb8a8 Bb4d2 Ba6c8 Bd2b4 Bc8a6
  41	07:45	 119.442.261	256.412	-6,42	Be1xa5 Rh7h8 Kd3c3 Rh8a8 Ba5b4 Ke7d7 Kc3d3 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Ra8b8 Kc3d3 Rb8c8 Kd3c2 Be8f7 Kc2d3 Rc8h8 Kd3e3 Kd7c8 Ke3d3 Kc8c7 Bb4a5+ Kc7c8 Ba5b4
  42-	08:53	 139.669.706	261.848	-6,50	Be1xa5 b5b4 a3xb4 Rh7h8 Kd3c2 Rh8a8 Kc2b2 Bf7e8 Kb2c3 a4a3 Kc3b3 Be8d7 Kb3c2 a3a2 Kc2b2 Ra8xa5 b4xa5 Ke7d8 Kb2xa2 Kd8c7 Ka2b2 Kc7b7 Kb2a3 Bd7c8 Ka3b3 Kb7b8 Kb3a2 Kb8c7 a5a6 Bc8xa6 Ka2b3 Ba6c4+ Kb3c3 Kc7b7 Kc3b4 Kb7b8 Kb4c3 Kb8c7 Kc3b2 Kc7b7 Kb2a3 Kb7a6 Ka3a4 Bc4b5+ Ka4b4
  42-	09:03	 142.977.885	262.944	-6,58	Be1xa5 b5b4 Ba5xb4 Rh7h8 Kd3c2 Rh8b8 Kc2d2 Ke7d8 Kd2d3 Kd8c7 Bb4a5+ Kc7c8 Ba5b6 Rb8xb6 c5xb6 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Kc8b7 Kc3d2 Kb7xb6 Kd2d3 Kb6b7 Kd3c2 Kb7a6 Kc2b2 Ka6b6 Kb2c3 c6c5 d4xc5+ Kb6xc5 Kc3d2 Be8b5 Kd2c2 d5d4 Kc2b2
  42-	09:46	 155.045.489	264.298	-6,74	Be1xa5 b5b4 Ba5xb4 Rh7h8 Bb4a5 Bf7e8 Kd3c3 Be8f7 Kc3b4 Rh8b8+ Ba5b6 Ke7d7 Kb4xa4 Rb8a8+ Ka4b4 Kd7e7 a3a4 Ke7d7 a4a5 Kd7e7 Kb4c3 Ke7d7 Kc3d3
  42-	10:03	 159.522.880	264.477	-7,07	Be1xa5 b5b4 Ba5xb4 Rh7h8 Kd3c2 Rh8b8 Bb4d2 Ke7d7 Bd2c1 Rb8b3 Kc2d1 Kd7c8 Kd1e2 Kc8b7 Ke2f2 Rb3c3
  42-	10:53	 173.224.985	265.165	-7,71	Be1xa5 b5b4 a3xb4 a4a3 Kd3c2 Rh7h8 Kc2b3 Rh8a8 Kb3a2 Ke7d7 Ka2xa3 Kd7c8 Ka3a4 Bf7e8 Ka4a3 Be8f7
  42-	11:52	 187.504.327	263.219	-9,01	Be1xa5 b5b4 Ba5b6 b4xa3 Kd3c2 Rh7h8 Kc2b1 a3a2+ Kb1xa2 Rh8a8 Ka2a3 Ke7d7 Ka3b4 a4a3 Kb4c3 a3a2
  42-	12:00	 189.664.194	263.403	-11,59	Be1xa5 b5b4 a3xb4 Rh7h8 b4b5 c6xb5 Ba5b4 a4a3 Bb4xa3 Rh8a8 Ba3b4 Ke7d7 Kd3c3 Ra8a1 Kc3c2 Ra1h1 Kc2d3 Rh1xh4 Kd3e3 Rh4h3+ Ke3e2 h5h4
  42-	25:41	 398.969.450	258.739	-16,76	Be1xa5 b5b4 a3xb4 Rh7h8 b4b5 c6xb5
  42	27:51	 439.244.155	262.716	-11,87	Be1b4 Ra5a8 Kd3c2 Ra8b8 Kc2d3 Rh7h8 Kd3c2 Ke7d7 Kc2c3 Kd7c8 Kc3d3 Rh8g8 Kd3c3 Kc8d7 Kc3d3 Rb8c8 Kd3c2 Rc8a8 Kc2d3 Kd7e7 Kd3e3 Rg8h8 Ke3d2 Ra8b8 Kd2e3 Rh8h7 Ke3d2 Rb8h8 Kd2c2 Rh8b8

perejaslav
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:01 am
Location: Cold

Re: Sting

Post by perejaslav » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:25 am

Houdini wrote:
mclane wrote:[D]8/4kb1r/2p1p1p1/rpPpPpPp/p2P1P1P/P2K4/8/4B3 w - -



try it out with houdini ... and relate this with sting.
Here's the analysis with Houdini 2.0c and FiftyMoveDistance set to 10.

Code: Select all

 16/21	 0:00 	-6.43 	1.Bxa5 Kd7 2.Kd2 Rh8 3.Bb6 Ra8 4.Kc2 Re8 5.Kc3 Bg8 6.Kb4 Rf8 7.Kc3 (55.844) 5584
 17/33	 0:00 	-6.02 	1.Bxa5 Rh8 2.Bc7 b4 3.axb4 Kd7 4.Bb6 Kc8 5.Ba5 Kb7 6.Kd2 Ka6 7.Kc2 Kb5 8.Kc3 a3 9.Kb3 Ra8 10.Kxa3 Kc4 11.Ka4 Kxd4 12.b5 Kxc5 13.b6 Rb8 (1.152.447) 7113
 18/43	 0:00 	-5.57 	1.Bxa5 Rh8 2.Bb6 Kd7 3.Ba5 b4 4.Bxb4 Rb8 5.Kc3 Ke7 6.Kd3 Kf8 7.Kc3 Bg8 8.Kd3 Ke7 9.Kc3 Kd7 10.Kd3 (5.669.917) 7363
 19/43	 0:01 	-4.55 	1.Bxa5 b4 2.Bxb4 Rh8 3.Ba5 Kd7 4.Kc3 Ra8 5.Bb6 Kc8 6.Kb4 Be8 7.Ba5 Bd7 8.Kxa4 Kb8 9.Kb4 Bc8 10.a4 Ba6 11.Bd8 Kb7 12.Be7 Bd3 13.Bd6 Be4 14.a5 (12.394.238) 7585
...
 30/56	 0:10 	-4.31 	1.Bxa5 b4 2.axb4 Rh8 3.Kc3 Kd7 4.Bb6 Rb8 5.Ba5 Kc8 6.Kb2 Kb7 7.Ka3 Bg8 8.Kxa4 Ka6 9.Bc7 Ra8 10.Ba5 Kb7 11.Kb3 Bf7 12.Kc3 Rc8 13.Bb6 Rf8 14.Ba5 (80.574.902) 7491
...
 35/61	 0:28 	-4.31 	1.Bxa5 b4 2.axb4 Rh8 3.Kc3 Kd7 4.Bb6 Rb8 5.Ba5 Kc8 6.Kb2 Kb7 7.Ka3 Bg8 8.Kxa4 Ka6 9.Bc7 Rf8 10.Ba5 Rc8 11.Bb6 Bf7 12.Kb3 Kb5 13.Kc3 Ra8 14.Ba5 (209.623.724) 7323
 36/61	 0:35 	-4.49--	1.Bxa5 b4 (263.663.341) 7383
 36/61	 0:48 	-4.11++	1.Bb4 (366.336.746) 7490
 36/61	 0:54 	-3.71++	1.Bb4 (409.296.592) 7539
 36/68	 1:07 	-2.64++	1.Bb4 (510.224.424) 7513
 36/68	 2:00 	-0.05++	1.Bb4 (885.659.937) 7321
 36/71	 2:16 	 0.00 	1.Bb4 Ra8 2.Kc2 Kd7 3.Kd3 Rhh8 4.Kc3 Bg8 5.Kb2 Bh7 6.Ka1 Ke7 7.Ka2 Ra6 8.Kb2 Raa8 9.Kc1 Ra6 10.Kb2 Bg8 11.Kc3 (990.678.909) 7272
 37/71	 2:22 	 0.00 	1.Bb4 Ra8 2.Kc2 Kd7 3.Kd3 Rhh8 4.Kc3 Bg8 5.Kb2 Bh7 6.Ka1 Ke7 7.Ka2 Ra6 8.Kb2 Raa8 9.Kc1 Ra6 10.Kb2 Bg8 11.Kc3 (1.030.042.943) 7234
 38/71	 2:24 	 0.00 	1.Bb4 Ra8 2.Kc2 Kd7 3.Kd3 Rhh8 4.Kc3 Bg8 5.Kb2 Bh7 6.Ka1 Ke7 7.Ka2 Ra6 8.Kb2 Raa8 9.Kc1 Ra6 10.Kb2 Bg8 11.Kc3 (1.040.801.752) 7220
Robert
Strange indeed:

Code: Select all

 [-4.26]  d=40  1.Bxa5 b4 2.axb4 Kd7 3.Kc3 Rh8 4.Bb6 Ra8 5.Ba5 Bg8 6.Kb2 Ke7 7.Ka3 Rf8 8.Kxa4 Rb8 9.Ka3 Ra8 10.Kb3 Bf7 11.Kc3 Kd7 12.Kb2 Bg8 13.Kc3 Rc8 14.Kd3 (0:02:30) 1344021kN
 [-4.26]  d=39  1.Bxa5 b4 2.axb4 Kd7 3.Kc3 Rh8 4.Bb6 Ra8 5.Ba5 Bg8 6.Kb2 Ke7 7.Ka3 Rf8 8.Kxa4 Rb8 9.Ka3 Ke8 10.Kb3 Kd7 11.Kc2 Kc8 12.Kc3 Ra8 13.Kb3 Kd7 14.Kc3 (0:01:43) 920517kN
 [-4.26]  d=38  1.Bxa5 b4 2.axb4 Kd7 3.Kc3 Rh8 4.Bb6 Ra8 5.Ba5 Bg8 6.Kb2 Ke7 7.Ka3 Rf8 8.Kxa4 Rb8 9.Ka3 Ke8 10.Kb3 Kd7 11.Kc2 Ra8 12.Kd3 Bf7 13.Kc3 Bg8 14.Kd3 (0:01:11) 629918kN
 [-4.26]  d=37  1.Bxa5 b4 2.axb4 Kd7 3.Kc3 Rh8 4.Bb6 Ra8 5.Ba5 Bg8 6.Kb2 Ke7 7.Ka3 Rf8 8.Kxa4 Rb8 9.Ka3 Kd7 10.Kb3 Kc8 11.Ka3 Ra8 12.Kb3 Kd7 13.Kc3 Kc8 14.Kb3 (0:00:48) 424940kN
...
 [-4.85]  d=23  1.Bxa5 (0:00:02) 19410kN
FiftyMoveDistance set to 10 too

User avatar
Houdini
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Sting

Post by Houdini » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:40 am

lech wrote:Houdini needs to use a dirty option "If infinite search"
Let Houdini play and solve in the same way.
Sting SF JA does it without any tricks on a very slow computer. :lol:

Code: Select all

  42	27:51	 439.244.155	262.716	-11,87	Be1b4 Ra5a8 Kd3c2 Ra8b8 Kc2d3 Rh7h8 Kd3c2 Ke7d7 Kc2c3 Kd7c8 Kc3d3 Rh8g8 Kd3c3 Kc8d7 Kc3d3 Rb8c8 Kd3c2 Rc8a8 Kc2d3 Kd7e7 Kd3e3 Rg8h8 Ke3d2 Ra8b8 Kd2e3 Rh8h7 Ke3d2 Rb8h8 Kd2c2 Rh8b8
More to the point is that the analysis shows that Sting doesn't understand that it's a draw (eval -11.87!), whereas Houdini does and shows a 0.00 score.

Robert

lech
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Sting

Post by lech » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Houdini wrote:
lech wrote:Houdini needs to use a dirty option "If infinite search"
Let Houdini play and solve in the same way.
Sting SF JA does it without any tricks on a very slow computer. :lol:

Code: Select all

  42	27:51	 439.244.155	262.716	-11,87	Be1b4 Ra5a8 Kd3c2 Ra8b8 Kc2d3 Rh7h8 Kd3c2 Ke7d7 Kc2c3 Kd7c8 Kc3d3 Rh8g8 Kd3c3 Kc8d7 Kc3d3 Rb8c8 Kd3c2 Rc8a8 Kc2d3 Kd7e7 Kd3e3 Rg8h8 Ke3d2 Ra8b8 Kd2e3 Rh8h7 Ke3d2 Rb8h8 Kd2c2 Rh8b8
More to the point is that the analysis shows that Sting doesn't understand that it's a draw (eval -11.87!), whereas Houdini does and shows a 0.00 score.

Robert
Maybe you (and many others) don't understant that the high evaluation means nothing if there is no gain in next depths. 8-)
Many of parameters are dangerous in use. Users don't understand it.
regards
Marek

Post Reply